View Full Version : Some RSX issues
11-03-2008, 08:19 AM
1. Ball breaks
2. Accuracy: Balls hook up/down left/right intermittently for 5-10 shots.
3. Recocking: Have to manually recock intermittently when my HPA is around 1k, is that too low of an operating pressure?
Other than that, the marker is good for the price.
11-03-2008, 08:30 AM
1. Chopping maybe? Try cleaning the eyes, bolt, barrel, ball chamber.
2. Try a better barrel. That happened alot with my stock VS1 barrel. Upgraded and it was alot better.
3. That's a toughy. It should be that the pressure is too low. Try replacing all o-rings.
11-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks man. I just got off the phone with Spyder and they recommended increasing reg pressure from 250 to 275 and decrease velocity.
I'm going to give this a shot and see what happens.
11-03-2008, 09:52 AM
do you own a chrono? because the last time i check you set your velocity screw to (I put it a little past half) and then turn the reg down to lowest possible pressure. turn it up a bit. check velocity. then if your under which you should be turn it up check. untill you get 285fps.
so the last time i checked the RSX is just an upped VS2. (inline reg and a tadao board) other than that they are almost exactly the same.
1&2, well ball breaks would be on your part, if you don't match bore and your paint is poor quality, of course your going to have trouble no matter what gun your using.
3. umm. refer to the first part of my post you shouldn't have any trouble unless somehow your tank is restricting flow or maybe the reg is? Either could maybe do this. maybe.
11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Tried some different reg pressure/ velocity settings and two barrels. Also picked up some RPS stinger for the colder weather.
- JJ barrel seems to be more accurate than the stock
- 300 psi yields better accuracy than 250/275
- ball breaks were due to ****/cold paint that I bought at field
The marker still needs more tuning in regards to psi/velocity but the major issues have been fixed.
11-04-2008, 04:37 PM
other than those issues how is the rsx I'm thinking about getting one.
11-12-2008, 04:00 PM
I'd say it's a fine investment if you want a 30 bps gun that can hang with much more expensive guns. I really think some of my issues were more operator error than equipment malfunction. It's been 10 years since I've played.