PDA

View Full Version : flaws of the vs2 dont spam be honest. dont spam.

1994dude4444
11-01-2008, 07:10 PM
im thinking of getting a vs2 and was reading ppl were complaining about it didnt recock and the reg was broken and i wanna know what are the flaws of the vs2? plz dont spam im not hating on spyder or anyting i just wanna know thx.:)

Griff
11-01-2008, 10:03 PM
The reg on the marker works, but is very touchy, for psi changes. For me it wasn't to the levle I wanted. You need to buy a reg adaptor 15-20 bucks and then your reg and asa. It work fine stock but every one likes to make there marker there own.http://www.qpaintball.com/ (http://www.qpaintball.com/) Check here for best price on gear.

CarbineKid
11-02-2008, 03:56 AM
I don't own one, but I am researching one. IT looks like the VS2 is not liked over at the review section at PBnation. http://www.pbnation.com/reviews/products/131/kingman_group_spyder_vs2/ .

DirtySouth
11-02-2008, 05:04 AM
Spyders = Dissed on at the Nation.

Almost all blowbacks are "hated" on. But the truth is, some are actually pretty good.

Griff
11-02-2008, 06:38 AM
For the price you can get them for they are good . But lots of peple veiw the double tube blow back as an beginier marker only and will only give it as much credit as an intro gun. Even when the into marker is ruling the field.

ferret15
11-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Stacked tube Blowback.

and you've come to the right place.

the only real "flaw" would be the regulator isn't CO2 friendly.

the valve is fine. So I slapped a palmers on mine and have fun with it like that.

CarbineKid
11-04-2008, 05:51 AM
The reg on the marker works, but is very touchy, for psi changes.....It work fine stock but every one likes to make there marker there own.[.
So If Im reading this right, and I decided to buy a VS2, and I kept it stock it will work fine. That works for me:D

ferret15
11-04-2008, 06:15 AM
HPA only. it will work fine.

CarbineKid
11-04-2008, 08:36 AM
HPA only. it will work fine.
Thanks guys. I went and ordered a VS2 today. I was looking to spend more, but in the end $135 is a great deal on one. Anyhow I didnt mean to hijack this thread...please keep posting the flaws. I am interested in know more aout them.

Griff
11-04-2008, 04:04 PM
For later on if you don't care for the trigger there is a CP Roller bearing trigger that I like and is working great for me , but it comes down to personal prefrences.

deano 177
11-04-2008, 06:55 PM
The only "flaw" I see with this marker is the stock reg/on/off design. It is "touchy" and requires some breakin to be consistent. When I play with my vs3, the reg needs to be set a little hot (+300 psi) because it will come down a little once you start playing. once I make the first adjustment after about the second game it levels out.

I had some recocking issues a while back but that ended up being a striker o-ring. Once I replaced and lubed it I didn't have any other issues.

The stock board does not have any settings other than 3rnd burst and turn eyes on/off. You can find newer VS's with tadao boards in them.

Feed neck is high. It works fairly well. I have never had a hopper fall off.

Older VS3 had stupid "wings" on the front and made putting different barrels on a pain. they can be filed off.

Threads are spyder threads for your barrel. Not many other markers use spyder threads...

Good marker to step up your game and learn about speed ball markers!

kmb32123
02-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Just one thing I found out about spyder recently. Yah there fairly unpopular but that can have its adventages. I picked up a lucky board (very similar to virtue) for it for $30. I then grabbed a full Empire revolver kit for $50. I also picked up a feedneck for $5. All of these were BNIB from a store and would cost a fortune for any other gun.

Dinmiller
02-13-2009, 07:57 AM
The only other flaw that i could think would be the ball detents, all the VS markers have that problem, but if you custom make them like a thread on here shows you how to then you are good to go.