PDA

View Full Version : losing my nerve.

slim and shady
10-31-2008, 10:50 PM
well most of you know that my situation is going from bad to worse with the theivses and the inaction of the police. I was frustrated about it all and phoned a represenative of the government for our area. He was very concerned about the situation and emediatly contacted the police department demanding answears about the situation. What there plan of action was to stop it, what have they tried to do to stop it, why so much delay in responding to calls ect. This mad the police office very upset and we emediatly received a phone call from them. they said we were the only ones who reported trouble the last 3 months. Wich is bull**** as we know pleanty of other people who have made statments. when we said this the sargent said she wasnt aware of any of those situations, WTF?
they were upset we went above there heads, and wanted to know why we didnt contact them. when we told them that we phoned and got the message "phone back durring regular business hours" they denied that a message to that nature would be played. We agreed we must have a faace to face meating about there inaction, after that I have the ability to hold a town meating about the problem.

So I went ahead and organized that and now im starting to wonder wether that was the right choice. Im so frustrated something has to be done im just not sure if im strong enough to lead the way. Im losing my nerve and im so frustrated. Why cant they just do there job?

anyway sorry for the rant just needed to get this off my chest.

badlandsrox
11-01-2008, 01:38 AM
So is this the Sheriff, Local Police, basic peace officer, or the RC's?

RSX99
11-01-2008, 05:21 AM
So is this the Sheriff, Local Police, basic peace officer, or the RC's?

Don't forget Troopers/ State Police. If rural, Troopers usually cover with the Sheriff.

DFSniper
11-01-2008, 05:26 AM
i say do what you must to get this thing resolved!

badlandsrox
11-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Don't forget Troopers/ State Police. If rural, Troopers usually cover with the Sheriff.

He is in Canada, we don't have troopers, and provincial police are only really on first nations reserves anymore.

slim and shady
11-01-2008, 07:36 PM
we deal with the RCMP, not troopers or sherifs or anyother.
im just startinng to doubt myself can I really make a difference?

jim762
11-01-2008, 07:49 PM
we deal with the RCMP, not troopers or sherifs or anyother.
im just startinng to doubt myself can I really make a difference?

Hell yeah you can make a difference...stand your ground!!! They are public servants and work for you. You wouldn't hesitate to return a faulty product you were not satisfied with, right? I say go for it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Stay strong and Good luck!!!

slim and shady
11-01-2008, 08:11 PM
^thanks I needed that its just all so overwhelming organising all of this and trying to make it work. you just get frustrated, I cant help but think what have I gotten into.

interceptorMR2
11-01-2008, 08:18 PM
They are public servants and work for you.

or at least they should be :dodgy:

hey man don't worry about it, one thing about "leading the way" is not to lose confidence. Any time you think about giving up, think to yourself, why would you want to give up and let crap like this continue? Just don't let it get to you too much, things will get resolved.

jim762
11-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Slim, please let us know how everything turns out.

badlandsrox
11-01-2008, 10:57 PM
well since it's the RC's, I would send a letter voicing your dissatisfaction with them to the department, your MP, possibly your MLA, and the department of justice, because with the detachment, and the department of justice are both (as far as I know...) legally obliged to read your mail, and reply to to it. and sending it to your local MP, and MLA just to let them know whats going on in their riding, and they can bring things like this up to their respective government. As far as meeting them in person, why wouldn't it help? I mean they can't just hang up when you say something they dont like, they actually have to respond to it, so you can't just get snubbed off the entire time.

TheDarkShadow
11-02-2008, 06:39 AM
I hope it all works out for you slim

RSX99
11-02-2008, 12:20 PM
He is in Canada, we don't have troopers, and provincial police are only really on first nations reserves anymore.

Point noted :D

slim and shady
11-02-2008, 02:56 PM
I have talked to my MLA and MP the first meeting is tommorow with the head of the detachment. I will let you all know how that goes then i will be able to go ahead and organize a town meeting hopefully including our MP and MLA (if at all I can make that happpen) we are also trying for press coverage so that we can blow the doors off this thing. Its just hard being the one everyone is looking to and being the center of attention. Thats not a place I have bein before or want to be! its lots to deal with bothe politicaly emotionly and diplomaticly. Its a very hard place to be in. And controle is a must, usually someone makes me mad I just beat the them till I feel better, unfortinatly that is not a way that is going to do any good in this situation so its compleatly different for me.

Thanks for the support.

slim and shady
11-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Well the first small meeting is today and im realy nervis(SP) im really starting to feel alot of pressure. I hope it all goes all goes ok and the few people present will be able to act rationaly and with respect as "hot heads" arent going to help the situation at all. I will let you all know hop it turns out.

jim762
11-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Slim, just take a deep breath. Look at it this way, the worst that can happen is nothing changes. Trust me, i used to get stressed out a lot in my job. I was responsible for the well being of 60 people, plus the families when they were deployed. I know stress. Just keep telling your self everything is going to work out. Know I have never met you, but from your posts and from how others on here respond to you I can tell that you are a smart guy and respected, You'll be fine. Now, go kick some ass...Good luck!!!

slim and shady
11-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks Jim, well the meeting went good we adressed alot of problems with little clear answears but we pushed the ball even farther and it gave me some confidence with the whole ordeal. i feel that there will be a change with the police department and there corse of action now. The next steep ist to organize a town meeting we are thinking around the 28th. i will keep you guys posted but I see that some resaults could positivly come from this.

DFSniper
11-03-2008, 03:39 PM
glad you made some progress!

slim and shady
11-03-2008, 03:51 PM
A little step at a time, im glad that im trying though no one else seems willing too. To say any step in a positive direction is a plus. Im also on a few town commities now, so I feel that I will be able to make a difference and a positive change. Even if it is just a small one.

irishwarrior
11-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Good Job Slim! I'm glad to hear that the meetings went well. Just stick to it and if the going gets tough maybe this will help, "Why am I doing this?" "Because its hard", if you don't do it because you feel its too tough of a job, who else will? Whatever the outcome, I wish you the best of luck!

jim762
11-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Anytime Slim, even a small change can make a difference. it all has to start some where.

slim and shady
11-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks Irish, jim and everyone else for your support I got the next meeting set up for the town now on the 18th I have already began to make calls and go on house visits to spread the word I have a long, long way to go still, making agendas organizing ect. Again thanks for the support

badlandsrox
11-03-2008, 08:39 PM
You should try and get some coverage by CTV or Global, and a few radio stations, dont know radio stations there are in edmonton area, but def's 770 (QR77) and 660 (660 news) here in calgary probably would provide some coverage. Plus with media coverage, you can have one of those scenes like in the movies where the one person exposes a giant scandal, and bursts through the city hall doors and down the steps on a nice fall day!
The last part it totally kidding, but im serious about the first part, nothing helps exposing things like this like the media. If you need any help getting the word out to the south/central area of the province, I can def's help with that (I know a few of the stations are on a first name basis with me :dodgy: hahahaha, dont know if thats a good or a bad thing, but hey it helps, especially in situations like these...). And also, now that I think about it, police corruption here is getting pretty bad too, not just in terms of what your talking about, but also just the amount of resources they have been using for small occurences.

Anyways, if you want to take me up on these offers, or if I can be of assistance in any other way, shoot me off a PM. So good luck, and hopefully everything pans out!

jim762
11-03-2008, 09:00 PM
You know what Slim, I was on my work today and Get up, Stand up by Bob Marley came on the radio and it reminded me of what your doing. Now I am all fired up and want to go out and protest something.....so just remember what Bob says
(Rhasta music plays in the back ground)

"Get up, stand up! Stand up for your rights!
Get up, stand up! Dont give up the fight!"

bigred76
11-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Slim, I <3 you. ;)

slim and shady
11-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Thank you for all the support Badlandsrox, I may just take you up on those offers yet! I actually have got press coverage from 3 local papers and we are also hoping to get the trouble shooter from CFRN (I think). But great ideas keep them comming!

Again thank you Jim for your continued support its more then apreciated! And on a lighter side im gonna go hide in the shadows and clentch my buttox before Red finds me!

deano 177
11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm in the dark. Where can I find the back story?

DFSniper
11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
flame therapy. check 2-3 pages back.

badlandsrox
11-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Thank you for all the support Badlandsrox, I may just take you up on those offers yet! I actually have got press coverage from 3 local papers and we are also hoping to get the trouble shooter from CFRN (I think). But great ideas keep them comming!

Again thank you Jim for your continued support its more then apreciated! And on a lighter side im gonna go hide in the shadows and clentch my buttox before Red finds me!

Ok, well if you decide you want me to, then just let me know like when the meeting is, sorta a little bit of the background about it, where it is being held, and any other little tidbits of info that the radio stations may need, and i will pass the info on to them!

bigred76
11-06-2008, 11:34 PM
And on a lighter side im gonna go hide in the shadows and clentch my buttox before Red finds me!

:flirt:

:D Just jokin' man, but seriously, mad props for taking this this far.http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/ap2_s2k/gifs/madprops.gif

slim and shady
11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Some good news and some bad news all of the counclers from this policing district are going to the meeting and mayors to emphasis the broad range of the problem, unfortinatly our MLA is all tied up so that is a let down but im sure we will have a chance to prove our point regardless. Either way we are hoping to get a change in the community as it develops I will let you know.

slim and shady
11-13-2008, 03:30 PM
I have a C.O.P. meeting tonight to see if I cant get that established for our town as well im not sure what to expect as I have never bein involved with this sort of thing. But im going to attend a neighboring communities program so that I can get a start on having one here. I will let you know how it turns out.

jim762
11-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Good luck Slim

slim and shady
11-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Well the COP meeting went ok I think that it is something that I would want established in our community, problem as always is that I would have to be the organizer of the entire thing. I have so much on my plat already I dont know if I have time. But the meeting itself was good another one that included the constable that was in charge of my case when my vehical was stolen. I think we are starting to get well accuainted (SP???????) But there was alot of ideas here that I liked. but again it seems all the responsibility rests on me, and im starting to lose shoulder room.

slim and shady
11-17-2008, 09:08 PM
The meeting is tommorow night. I really nervous(SP) Sometimes I wonder why I ever got involved in all of this. Needed to vent thanks

jim762
11-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Your just standing up for your god given right to protect your family and property. Keep fighting the good fight..good luck.

slim and shady
11-18-2008, 11:06 PM
well the meeting was good and bad. There were alot of things that I was pleased and dissapointed with. The police stated that no past cases could be brought up, this of corse angered alot of us. There was alot of people whowanted answears for the inaction of the police over the years. We were dissapointed that those answears could not be givin. We were happy to see the start of better public relations between the people and the police. I think overall we had alot of things solved however the police were not willing at all to try to sew up the same old wounds that were haunting the people. Now we have to take it to the next step, im not sure at this avenue what direction im personaly going to take however I am concidering running for counclir(SP) I thought I would let you know how it went. The press was more then interested in the polices lack of responce to the questions the people wanted answeared

bigred76
11-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Slim... I still <3 you for going through with this. It takes some massive balls to do this, and it sounds like you got it all covered.