PDA

View Full Version : New Spyder Knockoffs

Drefish99
10-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Keep on the watch for Spyder Knockoffs. They might look like the real thing but they won't match like the best.
www.azodin.com

especiialypsycho
10-30-2008, 04:51 PM
ew ugly names

tCLiSEm
10-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Ew. Ugly. = Simple Fail.

deano 177
10-30-2008, 05:58 PM
So is there no copyright infringement?

fatkidfrompbaz
10-30-2008, 05:59 PM
if they work

deano 177
10-30-2008, 06:03 PM
They look just like spyders. Why not take the internals, too?

ferret15
10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
wow those are aweful.

xsvly-fat
10-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Wow that is a really bad knock off, I don't think they'll get that big though.

Paintball Freak
10-30-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't see why there are that bad??

iheartmurder
10-30-2008, 08:47 PM
i agree with freak. theyre not that bad.

VS3 Sniper
10-30-2008, 09:01 PM
It comes with a freak?

bigred76
10-31-2008, 01:00 AM
No... He was talking to Freak.

DFSniper
10-31-2008, 04:27 AM
the angled VA is a nice touch.

Ace24
10-31-2008, 04:31 AM
Lmao... I find it funny how Spyder gets all the people that rip off their ideas, yet Tippmann doesn't. I'm guessing Kingman is flattered.

DFSniper
10-31-2008, 06:35 AM
lol. tippy got the BT, which is basically an ugly love child between the 98 and a5.

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.

:smash:

Ace24
10-31-2008, 06:49 AM
...Ben Tippmann isn't a knockoff. :dodgy: Although he did go a separate way from his fathers company.

DFSniper
10-31-2008, 04:03 PM
lol

ZeRO system minimizes the recoil signature of the Zenith...
so... you made it LP?

i love advertising :dodgy:

although i do want one just to see how much of it they cloned.

vikingshadow
10-31-2008, 07:54 PM
Actually, it doesn't seem that bad to me.

Some kind of light weight striker system, LP reg, break beam eyes, board with semi, PSP, CFOA semi and Millenium, low rise feedneck (clamping would have been better, though) low pressure...a couple of years ago you guys would have been flipping out about how great this is in a low cost gun.

People said the same thing about Dragun and it was one of the best low to mid end guns I ever had (blowback and FASOR), though I liked the looks of the Dragun MUCH more than this one. Because of this, I'll reserve judgement for later.

Paintball Freak
10-31-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't get it though... Are they Spyders? And how do you know they're cheap, it doesn't say the price... Just wondering... Thanks

DFSniper
11-01-2008, 05:30 AM
they look just like the 08s, with a few changes (detent covers on the base model, milling, and angled VA). i guess you have to be around for a while to know what to look for.

STRIKEFIRST
11-01-2008, 02:58 PM
they have cocker threaded barrels according to pbn

DRAGON
11-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Actually, it doesn't seem that bad to me........

I'd have to agree. I don't really see what's so bad about these. They come in my favorite culla and have all the things anyone would want in a blowback. For that matter, are they blowbacks? -

BTW, Kingman didn't invent the STBB design so I'm not so sure they have any specific rights. If they did it seems they would have done something about the NPS copy clones that were thrown into the ring a few years ago -

Why do I get an eerie feeling someone might be contacting me about these? - :)

nastystankweed
11-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Nop dont seem that bad. The reg sorta looks like the new eclipse S3's. My dm9 doesnt even have CFOA. who knows what they are really like but I will reserve my judgment for later.

Paintball Freak
11-02-2008, 04:20 PM
When are they available... Like when are they coming out?

iheartmurder
11-03-2008, 06:13 AM
the zenith goes for $250. i know that much

Griff
11-03-2008, 06:33 AM
odd names but they look better than any of the 32deg. knock off's. have to see it in action before I juge.

Ace24
11-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Actually, it doesn't seem that bad to me.

Some kind of light weight striker system, LP reg, break beam eyes, board with semi, PSP, CFOA semi and Millenium, low rise feedneck (clamping would have been better, though) low pressure...a couple of years ago you guys would have been flipping out about how great this is in a low cost gun.

People said the same thing about Dragun and it was one of the best low to mid end guns I ever had (blowback and FASOR), though I liked the looks of the Dragun MUCH more than this one. Because of this, I'll reserve judgement for later.

I'd have to agree.

The Dragun "T-1" FASOR design was amazing for it's time. It kicks ass with a QEV. I still love my old FASOR based off the "T-1."

Oscum Guy
11-20-2008, 05:56 PM
i like how they advertise that theyre .68 caliber...

DFSniper
11-20-2008, 07:48 PM
the striker design is pretty interesting.

Cruiserdude
02-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Interesting, I honestly like the idea of their "Zero System". Looking through the Zenith manual, you can see that they've filled the LPC with an adjustable valve spring mechanism, allowing you to fine tune your dwell without having to constantly swap springs.

Now, Kingman certainly didn't invent the STBB marker, nor did they claim to. PMI was marketing their Piranha's before Kingman, not sure if they invented the design, either. Kingman's accomplishment was in marketing their gun better than the other guys, increasing their model range and options, and being true innovators with regards to the design. They have been so successful at this that anyone else's STBB marker, including PMI's, are now referred to as "Spyder clones". That's quite an achievement, but Kingman isn't Smart Parts, they don't claim to own a design they didn't invent just because they popularized it, so they can make money by suing their competitors out of business (most of you should get this reference). They've never had a problem with competitors in the market, they just lead to more innovation.

Now, its quite obvious that these Azodin markers are based heavily off of the newest Spyders, they even look very similar. They're not just generic STBB markers, they clearly copied directly off of Kingman's newest designs. They're not violating any patents or copyrights, they're just cashing in on Kingman's success. As far as the design, the only real issue I could see with them is if they're cheap China-made loose tolerance crap. If these are made with decent materials and an acceptable level of quality control, they wouldn't be that bad. They even brought some innovation of their own to the market, with the adjustable valve spring, and I think Kingman has yet to include a true lightweight striker (though the new Electra may have one, I dunno). This alone separates them from many of the other Spyder clones, like 32*, as they at least bring something new to the table.

Obviously, these aren't going to be very popular, or take much market share away from Kingman, at least not unless they're drastically cheaper. They may also be cheap pieces of crap, but I couldn't say without playing with one for awhile. Regardless, they bring innovation to the market, and innovation is good. Kingman has always been good about listening to complaints about their markers, and including popular upgrades in newer models. So, if time proves these adjustable valves and lightweight strikers to be reliable, efficient, and a good idea, I wouldn't be surprised to see them popping up on new Kingman markers before long. If they're a generally bad idea, well, that's why you have a guinea pig. Overall, though, I see no reason to be concerned with these markers, as they'll either make no splash whatsoever, or introduce a feature soon to be the next big thing for Spyders. Who knows, either way, its certainly nothing to worry about.

DFSniper
02-28-2009, 12:55 PM
way to bring back a 3 month old thread :up:

talking to a source, i've been told that the body designs are actually scrapped kingman prototype designs that they decided not to use, so the fabricator used them instead. and if you read SPPS's review, they seem to function pretty well.

as for the valve system, its simply designed like a Rocket Valve but adjustable, you dont have to cut anything.

Griff
02-28-2009, 01:09 PM
They have added to the line up They now have the CP Looks like a desent pump.

Modded-Like-Hell
02-28-2009, 01:18 PM
they aren't that bad. i might get the pump when it comes out

Cruiserdude
03-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Good stuff, I thought they looked very much like something Kingman would come up with. Wonder if the adjustable valves were initially an idea Kingman explored, but didn't decide to develop at the time? Either way, looks like that valve would fit right into the new, VA-less Spyders. Comparing the schematics of an Electra and a Zenith, they look almost the same, and I would assume many parts are interchangeable. If its a direct fit, Azodin could at least make some money if they sold the retrofit kit for that valve, as its one of the few true improvements one could make to their new Electra.