PDA

View Full Version : Figured since Big Daddy was buying a house in Tennessee...

MVS1
10-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Well actually that wasn't the reason behind it but at least it's one bright side to the deal.
Long story short, recently my wifes Dad had a stroke and her and the kids flew back to TN to be with her Dad and Mom. Don't get too flustered he's home now and considering there's more (medically) wrong with him then right (another long story) he's doing OK. But more to the point we (more my wife than I, but considering the economy back in the states and it being a buyers market I warmed up to the idea) decided to buy a house in Tennessee for them to live in and pay us rent to cover the mortage. So Big Daddy I guess I'll be knockin on your door in the future. We close on Nov 10. Being my first home purchase I had no idea all the paperwork involved!!!!

big_daddy_d
10-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Congrats Bro! Where you moving to?

marvin-martian
10-29-2008, 03:15 PM
My parents are looking at Tennessee for a house/property to move to as a place to retire to when i move out. Theyve been out there looking at specific places to get an idea of what they want, but i dont know any specifics.

Congrats and good luck :tup:

DFSniper
10-29-2008, 03:51 PM
congrats!

my parents went out west (colorado/wyoming) to look for some property this summer, but they didn't find anything they liked.

MVS1
10-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Congrats Bro! Where you moving to?

We won't be moving there, although I might retire there, it's a pretty nice area and the cost of living is low. I'm buying it so the in-laws have a decent place to live. It's in Sparta. I'll probably make a trip over there in the spring.

MVS1
10-30-2008, 10:25 AM
congrats!

my parents went out west (colorado/wyoming) to look for some property this summer, but they didn't find anything they liked.
I really like the western side of Wyoming, eastern side is pretty flat and bleak.

DFSniper
10-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I really like the western side of Wyoming, eastern side is pretty flat and bleak.

yeah. we were at ft. carson for 3 years, and my parents fell in love with the Rockies. all the property they looked at was either too much of a hassle to build a house on, or it was WAY too far from the nearest town.

vikingshadow
10-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Man, why don't you guys ever move to Oklahoma?

Oh, yeah. It's Oklahoma. Why did I move here?

TheDarkShadow
10-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Oklahoma D-Day?