PDA

View Full Version : lol @ Smart Parts!

DRAGON
10-26-2008, 09:39 PM
OK, most of you old timers here should know I have nothing against Smart Parts. I slung plenty of mud back at those during the Smart Parts are Nazi's for suing Bla Bla's and putting them out of business days -

So Jack Wood(designer of the Impulse) and I were chatting at WCO. We had an interesting conversation and he gave me a DVD named Vibe & SP1 Demonstration Videos. Well I finally got around to watching it. The guy sticking his tongue in the breech area and shooting the marker was impressive - :eek:

So anyways I get to #11 which is entitled 'Vibe dissassembly and maintenance II'. There's another after, #12 that's entitled 'SP1 dissassembly and maintenance II'. In #11 they compare disassembly to an ancient green Imagine and #12 they show a comparison to a Tippy 98C. All the time they're showing the disassembly of all the markers there's a time clock going on. When they show the SP markers you can see that they cut to different views which leads me to beleive they cut the vid into segments to spare some time. When they showed the Spyder and Tippy there were no breaks in the vids -

Now for the good part; during #12 I know for a fact taking a 98C apart is a real *****. So the time accounted for was pretty much fact. You need to take the shells apart to do anything internally which is very time consuming. Now this tech starts taking the Spyder apart in #11. He removes the QD pin then the bolt and striker. So I sez, "Ya that's it." He continues to start on the trigger frame and I'm thinking, WTF is this guy doing? After the trigger frame he pulls the valve and basically strips everything from the main body including the VA. He took the whole marker apart when he only needed to take the QD pin, bolt and striker out to do any regular maintenance. What an intentional hoax to fool noobs into thinking their markers are so much easier to maintain than other brands! What a bunch of crap lol! Well I got a good laugh out of it anyways -

Oh and another thing, when demonstrating other things like C02 info and marker shooting comparisons, they're using Fasta hoppers on all the markers. First they diss Spyders but then use their products as demonstration equipment. SP is teh Debol! :devil: OK, maybe just a little deceiving per se - ;)

ferret15
10-26-2008, 09:50 PM
omg thats awfull,

oh FYI for anybody that doesn't know this for a quick disassembly on a tippy.

screw the velocity screw in all the way, pull the tombstone and rear cap.
all the internals slide out. that takes what 30 sec ? maybe

there is no need to pull the shell apart on a tippy for a quick field strip.

bigred76
10-26-2008, 10:01 PM
98C, homeboy. Not A5. 98C's don't have Tombstones the last time I checked. ;)

Very interesting, Drago... I knew that they would try to tell you their guns are invincible, but I didn't know this one, lol!

DRAGON
10-26-2008, 10:03 PM
screw the velocity screw in all the way, pull the tombstone and rear cap.
all the internals slide out. that takes what 30 sec ? maybe

there is no need to pull the shell apart on a tippy for a quick field strip.

So then how do you at the same time remove the bolt connecting rod from the hammer? Or the bolt for that matter? On my 98C you need to pull the shells apart at the back to remove the back cap -

Very interesting, Drago... I knew that they would try to tell you their guns are invincible, but I didn't know this one, lol!

Me tinks it was more so pointed to take advantage of someone that didn't know any better like teh noob crowd -

ferret15
10-26-2008, 10:06 PM
98C, homeboy. Not A5. 98C's don't have Tombstones the last time I checked. ;)

don't forget SP somehow defy physics.

oh yeah, no ****, I totally am starting to forget marker specific stuff about tippmann,:D bout time.

In other news I am odly enough getting an ion because I am hooking up a guy with an lp spyder!. and I have no clue what to do with it.
I could use it...nahhh
I could sell or trade it.. maybe
or we could test a blender, now that would be the ****!

DRAGON
10-26-2008, 10:13 PM
What's that saying?, "Throw an Ion save a rock" OK nvm -

ferret15
10-26-2008, 10:20 PM
lol, yeah I noes. but I also believe don't bash it till you try it... well. also listen to good advice.

I actually would rather hook up a friend with an oldschoo LPl spyder so he doesn't have to use an ion. I actually have an friend who offered a pulse + cash and I don't even have it yet.

well night, its 120am and all is well, school tommorrow.

bigred76
10-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Hahaha, I love it when Ferret's tired. He says the darnedest things, doesn't he Drago? :D

I wonder if I were to create a bolt with a spike on the front of it (as in the breech side) for Spyders and market it as "Snart Parts" how many people would buy it. ;)

DFSniper
10-27-2008, 03:34 AM
don't forget SP somehow defy physics.

lol, now where have i heard that before...

as to drago's first post: :foreheadslap:

TheDarkShadow
10-27-2008, 02:15 PM
lolz

xsvly-fat
10-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Haha that is pretty funny that they did that, I remember taking apart my Tippmann and it was a major pain, it doesn't suprise me that they'd use a Tippmann as the demo gun I mean it's probably one of the hardest guns to take apart.

calebh
10-30-2008, 08:13 AM
The guy sticking his tongue in the breech area and shooting the marker was impressive - :eek:
... that's so tom kaye's trick. not that impressive when you consider it was pulled off, what, 10 years ago? in a mechanical marker? a marker that was designed before i was born and is still one of the most reliable and simplest around?

not so impressed...

disclaimer: i like my mags...