PDA

View Full Version : Any one have luk making the mr2 quiet

machine
10-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Was playing around with mine and the solinoid makes alot of noise. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts

slim and shady
10-25-2008, 09:18 PM
when it clicks without having air conected? I dont think you can do much to quite that. if you want to tame the noise of the marker wial it shoots go LP, lighten the internals and get a barrel with alot of porting. but its still not going to be quite, it is a spyder after all ;)

machine
10-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Yea so i have been hearing lol
thanks for the quick reply.

When i had the hand grip off and put a small zip tie in the solinoid and it made it alot quieter , how ever the click is nowhere near as loud and the gun itself so mabye ill start with a barrel and see how it goes from there.

still need to finish the ACS break in . shooting cheap ZAP paint it choped 2 or 3 balls out of 300, so not to bad . i really like it so far .

slim and shady
10-25-2008, 09:40 PM
thats good be sure to check out the links in my sig and welcome to the forums. forgot to say that in the first post. :)

bigred76
10-25-2008, 09:44 PM
I know, I know! Easiest way to make the gun quiet is to take the grips off, take out the battery, and pop the grips back on. ;)

Buy more expensive paint than ZAP if you want your friends to not kill you for staining their clothes, guns, and other gear.

Don't put a zip tie on the solenoid.

Oh... and check out the links in my signature in red. They'll help you out.

machine
10-26-2008, 02:56 PM
lol dont worry about the ZAP paint , it was just to run some paint through it as it has sat for 2 years ,cocked i might add. So i wanted to make sure everything was working ok .

There wont be any zip ties in there dont worry.

Thanks for the welcome but i have been reading on here for a month , just now able to post :)