PDA

View Full Version : Canadian General Parlimentary Election

badlandsrox
10-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Is today!!!

Not that exciting though because no matter what we are screwed, it's just by who, although our best chance lies with Stephen Harper and the Conservative party (who also happens to have his campaign headquarters right next to my school... which may not be the safest thing come tommorow! haha). He is the only one who has actually done anything good for our country and economy (dollar at and better than par anyone??), attempted abolition of the long gun registry, 2% GST cut, and the list goes on. Liberals have become stale here, we have had them in power to long (before 2006 they had been in power way longer than they should have), Green pary (honestly, just the liberals rebranded, and with a woman as the leader... and she can actually speak english), and the NDP (leader isn't much more than a used car salesman who somehow ended up as the leader of the NDP after a night of hard partying, and hasnt found a way to get out of it yet haha).

So pretty much, this is the last day that Canada isn't going to be a political wasteland, whooooo!!!!!!!!

But seriously, this is the leader of the only party within striking distance of the conservatives...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xbs7wXvh2Q

To bad you can't just restart your statements etc in parliment, and on the world stage, if you can't answer such a simple question, WHY are you running for PM? tell me that one...

bigred76
10-14-2008, 02:49 AM
... what?

DFSniper
10-14-2008, 03:42 AM
:stupid:

:confused:

vikingshadow
10-14-2008, 04:44 AM
Hahahha, you guys just proved a point the rest of the world tries to make everyday - that Americans are blind to everything outside the US that the media doesn't want us to know about...

On that note............................huh?

badlandsrox
10-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Yeah sorry, i tried writing that well after my mind was asleep, and after stuffing my face on turkey day, but pretty much it's our election today, but were really screwed, like that video is the leader of one of the political parties, and pretty much what i was saying is that if his party wins, we are screwed

DFSniper
10-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Hahahha, you guys just proved a point the rest of the world tries to make everyday - that Americans are blind to everything outside the US that the media doesn't want us to know about...

vike, i hardly pay attention to our OWN politics. almost got flamed on ionowners because i asked if obama chose a running mate yet!

and in case you forgot, i'm not even american :p

Taillo
10-14-2008, 12:04 PM
I agree with you if the liberals wins, we are screwed. But we are already screwed with harper. Bi-Partisanism is paralysing our democracy. We have currently no options. Everyone is voting only to prevent the opponent's victory by choosing the lesser of two evils. Harper got us into afghanistan, Dion is at the head of the most corrupted party. Layton will not win because he is not one of the two major party. What choice do you have for real change? None.

Im going to vote right now. Lets see what happens with tonight's results.

DFSniper
10-14-2008, 12:41 PM
"lesser of two evils" sounds like the US election for the past two decades.

Taillo
10-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah but right now it is not a choice between the lesser of two evils. They are both working together to sell you the same package deal.

bigred76
10-14-2008, 12:57 PM

I posted at 2:50am... cut me some slack... To top it off, it's not that I don't pay attention to other nations, it's just that I just don't care. :D

badlandsrox
10-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I agree with you if the liberals wins, we are screwed. But we are already screwed with harper. Bi-Partisanism is paralysing our democracy. We have currently no options. Everyone is voting only to prevent the opponent's victory by choosing the lesser of two evils. Harper got us into afghanistan, Dion is at the head of the most corrupted party. Layton will not win because he is not one of the two major party. What choice do you have for real change? None.

Im going to vote right now. Lets see what happens with tonight's results.

Now thats not entirely true, when we went into afghanistan, it was a liberal majority that was ruling if i remember correctly. And yes the liberals are quite corrupt, I mean they have had quite their shares of problems, The NDP isn't really the NDP anymore, it should be more like the Democrats now, cause there really isn't anything new they are pushing, they just copy the liberal and conservative platforms. Personally I am going for the conservatives, just because of some of their policies, for one no carbon tax, they have put into effect 2% GST cuts already, they are really for the abolition of the long gun registry, which is draining our country of something like 18 million anually and not really acomplishing anything, and mostly, they arent an all talk no action party like the liberals (again, see that youtube clip, Dion couldn't come up with something he would have done differently than harper to prevent the economic downturn, even after 3 times of starting over...). But I do agree, no matter who wins, we are screwed... unless like all the independants win, then its wont be as bad haha.

vikingshadow
10-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Ah, that's ok guys - I was just crackin you're nuts.... No harm meant! :D

I have to say that after the past 18 months of politics, I'm not much for it anymore either, and I don't even want to find out about another countries going's on...

Also, I don't know squat about anyone else's stuff either!

Taillo
10-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Now thats not entirely true, when we went into afghanistan, it was a liberal majority that was ruling if i remember correctly.

Jean Chrétien said NO to bush when he was asked for sending troops to afghanistan. I think it was his best political move. He was a liberal majority.

When came Paul Martin, he followed Chrétien's move, but to please Bush, he sent a convenience force of less than 50 soldiers. He was later impeached with the liberal corruption scandal.

Harper came to power, immediately sent a full regiment from Val Cartier.
Yeah he was not the first to send us to afghanistan, but he is the one who got us there deeply.

Before Harper, the only war casuality we suffered was from U.S. friendly fire, and after harper we began the body count of combat casualities. And now everyone can get his daily afghan heroin fix and everyone is happy.

(Update: Stephen Harper won yesterday's elections and didn succeed to push his party to a majority lead)

bigred76
10-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Ah, that's ok guys - I was just crackin you're nuts.... No harm meant!

How does that work? You crack our nuts like eggs, then say "oh, sorry, it's all good, I have Duck tape?!"

:dodgy: I think that the Canadiens are ignoring us, hahahaha.

vikingshadow
10-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Hell, no! I'm not wasting perfectly good duct tape on your nuts! It's better served taping your buns together...

I think they are ignoring us as well - which is only fair since we aren't being respectful in their thread!

DFSniper
10-15-2008, 03:35 PM
vike obviously hasn't watched The Breakfast Club in a while... you'd get detention for that! :shameonyou:

vikingshadow
10-15-2008, 04:08 PM
hehehe, I don't GET detention anymore - I GIVE it!