PDA

View Full Version : Striker plug stuck and...

Mazza
10-13-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm unable to take out my striker plug of my VS1. I know which screws to take out but the striker plug just won't come out. I even left the gun in the cocked position. Basically I cant take out the rear internals or the valve body...

I also can't change the velocity of my VS1. Might be reason above...

Griff
10-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Take it back , send it in or remove your grip loosen the valve retaining screw. take marker down so that only your valve hammer are in the body push the parts out with a wood rod. and polish the internal body of your marker (removing the extra coating they put on). http://www.brushresearch.com/brushes.php?c2=7

Mazza
10-17-2008, 08:49 PM
I've tried pushing the internals out but it just won't pop out...
I don't really wanna send it to kingman as shipping for me is costly.

DRAGON
10-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Strip the whole marker then remove all the internals(valve, valve pin, striker and spring) out through the front of the bottom tube. Once they are removed use a dowel rod and hammer to tap the cap out the back of the tube -

Mazza
10-18-2008, 05:47 AM
That's the problem though... I can't get rear internals out. I can only get as far as the valve body.

Griff
10-18-2008, 07:53 AM
use some light wieght oil to lube the o rings and try to push the valve and striker out the front. I am working on my VS3 body right now for the same problem. But I can push mine out the feont but not the back. Once you remove the valve retaining screw you push every thing forward valve stiker and gromit out the font.

bigred76
10-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Sounds like you both have tightened the rear grip screw too far, causing the metal to bend up inside the bottom tube. Do what Drago said and it should be fine. Keep in mind with paintball: finger tighten screws and then MAYBE a 1/4turn more with an allen key.

Griff
10-18-2008, 01:36 PM
I bought the marker took the VS3 grip off and tried to remove the striker it will not come out. my marker bottom tube Id is .007 smaller at the back than the front. also the striker gets stuck when shoot the marker.

It came flawed but I will fix it.

bigred76
10-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Well shoot, I'd send it into Kingman then.

Griff
10-19-2008, 08:07 AM
I always polish the internal of my markers any way. I beleave it's the coating over the metal it's almost woking now. I'm just waiting on my new .68 flex hone 800 grit .

Griff
10-29-2008, 05:13 PM
My marker is working great now.

Mazza
11-02-2008, 12:19 AM
I just managed to take out the striker plug now. Had to use a minus screw driver and hammer to pick it out. I did do some scratches on it but I just sand the burs down and this down. It's a whole lot easier to take apart now.

I also figured out why I can't change my velocity. My striker plug is messing a piece at the back to put your allen key in. I'll take a picture of it later.