PDA

View Full Version : Drop Forwards?

RainInBlood
10-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Well i have been out of paintball for many years now, now that i'm coming back i see alot has changed! One thing i noticed is it seems like no one uses dropforwards anymore haha. I look at most of the pro teams and hardly any of them use one. When did this change and why lol ? I know its all in preferrence but its just strange to me that hardly any of them use them anymore :p

DFSniper
10-11-2008, 07:06 PM
about 2004... the agg kids started making fun of everyone and we got tired of it so we dropped the drops (pardon the pun).

but seriously, someone finally realized that if you shoulder a tank on a drop, it just makes your gun taller and makes you a bigger profile. and thats about the time when the movement towards smaller, lighter, faster guns started.

spyderpaintball
10-12-2008, 06:37 AM
about 2004... the agg kids started making fun of everyone and we got tired of it so we dropped the drops (pardon the pun).

but seriously, someone finally realized that if you shoulder a tank on a drop, it just makes your gun taller and makes you a bigger profile. and thats about the time when the movement towards smaller, lighter, faster guns started.

I would also say more comfortable as well to hold and shoot.

Ace24
10-12-2008, 07:41 AM
They use rails now mostly. Someone realized that aiming down the barrel from the back is better than aiming down the side of the gun, and they were right.

I'd look for a CP Pro Rail if you're thinking of dropping the drop. If not, be prepared for little "Aggzorz" to ask "WtfM8?"

DFSniper
10-12-2008, 11:53 AM
I would also say more comfortable as well to hold and shoot.

that too. once i learned to shoulder a tank right, i never used a drop again.

druid
10-12-2008, 03:35 PM
rail=small drop

I still use them but you are right...no one seems to like them anymore

Ace24
10-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Drop yes, not drop forward. :p

fatkidfrompbaz
10-12-2008, 06:17 PM
shoot i use a drop forward and it doesn't bother me

mrpurplehawk
10-12-2008, 06:24 PM
it is all about personal preference, if you like it get it if you dont then dont but I personally think spyder drops suck cuz they point your tank down

calebh
10-12-2008, 11:03 PM
i still use a large drop forward on my mag, and i love it. but i've never played with another marker with a drop i liked.

BloodLustAC
10-13-2008, 01:44 PM
They can help balance heavy guns out.. but nowadays guns are usually pretty small and light so they're not needed.

oldironmudder
10-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Im still sporting KAPP Drop Zone 3's on my TL+ & one of my Emmies.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/drunknmudder77/My%20TL%20Plus/026.jpg

About an inch from the end & clocked a little. Its great for right hand shooting cause I dont have to work around the tank. Now LH shooting is a bit harder than normal.