PDA

View Full Version : Need a new cell phone company......sprint sucks

Muddytaco
10-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Ok sprint has screwed up my account for about the 100th time and customer service is total **** basically doing nothing but cause more problems, so thats the end sprint is out for good.

What does everybody use hear?

Looking for big name companys with good coverage since I travel alot....no local crap.

Looking for somebody with good PDA/Smartphone......need something with internet, full keyboard (real or touch screen), email, etc.

So far I am thinking:
ATT: Blackberry curve or Iphone
T-mobile: sidekick
verizon: haven't looked

Anyway just wondering what everybody has and if they like the service.

badlandsrox
10-09-2008, 09:24 PM
If you are looking towards a smart phone, personally I would wait, till you guys get the blackberry bold down there, cause I know alot of people who have them, and love them. that, or wait for the new pearl flip if you dont need the power of the Bold.

bamf-hacker
10-10-2008, 03:34 AM
verizon: LG Dare

LOVE MINE!!! and it is on a ridiculously fast network. IM me later.

marvin-martian
10-10-2008, 05:16 AM
ive got tmobile, and the coverage sucks. dont get it.

Critical
10-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Taco, PM me. I know you are fed up with Sprint, but I work for the company. I may be able to resolve the issues that you are having.

shark
10-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Verizon FTW!! I live in a very remote area and even with that there are hardly any areas where I do not get good service. I also have the Env2

VS3 Sniper
10-10-2008, 09:11 AM
AT&T is what we use Dave.

STRIKEFIRST
10-10-2008, 10:10 AM
I have Sprint and Love them! Great service!

I had a couple small issues but they were resolved in a heart beat.

Plus we have sprint at work...we just got the new windows based HTC Mogul...full slide out keyboard...it Rocks!

Critical
10-10-2008, 10:13 AM
LOL, I just got done playing with the HTC Touch Pro, basically the Mogul 2, and I'm using the Touch Diamond now. The new HTC handsets are very impressive.

durrell
10-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Love my Blackberry. I'm with Alltel. Can't wait for the Verizon merger. :D

Verizon has the Blackberry Storm coming and it is OMG sex.

vikingshadow
10-10-2008, 10:28 AM
We have AT&T but I'm no more impressed with them than I was with CellOne. We only have TWO networks were I live - and we still can't reach some areas. That's what sucks!

Critical
10-10-2008, 10:36 AM
The Storm is like the iPhone, but bigger. Much, much bigger.

Ace24
10-10-2008, 11:30 AM
First, I'd look to see what the Verizon coverage is like down there. I've heard Sprint gets good service, but their "service" is butthole. We used to have Sprint and didn't get service anywhere. We're on the Verizon network now and love it.

ATT might be good down there too. They have nice phones, that's for sure. They're just a little over-priced.

spyderpaintball
10-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I have a Blackjack II from AT&T and love it.

xsvly-fat
10-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I have Verizon and they have really good coverage over here, the customer service is pretty good too

Critical
10-10-2008, 06:20 PM
When you look at it nationwide, all 4 major carriers have virtually identical coverage. Then, add in that they all have roaming agreement with each other, and you can see that comparing one areas coverage for one carrier is utterly pointless and only confuses the issue. All carriers have return periods, anywhere from 14-30 days, where you are only responsible for your actual usage. If you are thinking of one particular carrier. Go buy it, use it for a couple of weeks, if it works, great, if not, return it and try again. If you are out of contract on your current carrier, you can always port your number over later on, once you've settled on the new carrier.

Hossy
10-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I had Sprint but I changed and went to Verizon. I love it minus I cant get service in school in a classroom or two that is underground, and have no windows or anything. I have the voyager and really like it.

I would definitely vouch for Verizon. Actually, if you wanted to buy my voyager off of me you can.

badlandsrox
10-10-2008, 06:36 PM
hmm, maybe don't wait for the bold, apparently its now sometime in 2009 that you guys are getting it, which makes no sense, cause we have had it for near 2 months now, so it really cant be anything to do with the phone itself...

TheDarkShadow
10-10-2008, 07:12 PM
verizon = ftw

Muddytaco
10-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks for all the replys, I am pricing out different plans with ATT and verizon right now.......marked out T-mobile, found alot of info that they have frequent dropped calls/no signal over the other companys.

I am out of contract with sprint so I am free to do whatever.....need to decide quickly since my current phone has turned into a total POS.

durrell
10-11-2008, 01:29 AM
I do not recommend AT&T. Number one, their customer service is absolute trash. Number two, their service was rather subpar in my experience.

Definitely check out Blackberry(s), I love mine. I just got an awesome Otterbox case for it today and it looks sweet, haha. /random

STRIKEFIRST
10-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Thanks for all the replys, I am pricing out different plans with ATT and verizon right now.......marked out T-mobile, found alot of info that they have frequent dropped calls/no signal over the other companys.

I am out of contract with sprint so I am free to do whatever.....need to decide quickly since my current phone has turned into a total POS.

PM ME if you are out of contract with sprint...I tell you the deal I got and how to get it.