PDA

View Full Version : any music play&practice programs?

kramernator
10-04-2008, 11:51 AM
does anyone know of a media player that i can make repeat a section of the song over and over again?
So when i am playing along i can practice one certain spot without having to drag the seek bar to the right spot over and over agian.

thanks!!

shunut
10-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I have a couple programs I use.

GuitarPro - Tab program - You can enter tab, change tempo, loop it. It has a speed trainer, starts the tab you are learning out slow, loops it and slowly speeds it up.

Band-In-A-Box - You can setup chords and chord changes, styles, and background instruments to practice improv.

The Amazing Slow Downer - I think this program is what you are going to want to get for what you described. You can set start and stop points anywhere in the song, loop it, change the tempo and pitch. Its a really cool program, unlike most audio programs when you slow down or speed up the audio, you get minimal distortion. It also has an EQ, with a Karaoke setting which almost eliminates the singing so you can hear the instruments better.

Hope that helps.

Muddytaco
10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
You could use goldwave its free and you can loop certain parts and speed it up and slow down.

Josh's programs are definitely more music learning oriented though, I have used the guitarpro trail software and it was good I just don't have $60 for it at the moment.

DFSniper
10-04-2008, 04:44 PM
guitar pro is awesome. i would also try audacity and see if that can loop sections of tracks.

kramernator
10-04-2008, 07:02 PM
alright thanks a lot guys!!

kramernator
10-04-2008, 07:13 PM
...wait the only goldwave i can find is a trial version... what am i doing wrong. i went to the goldwave website, i didn't see a free version...

shunut
10-04-2008, 07:49 PM
guitar pro is awesome. i would also try audacity and see if that can loop sections of tracks.

I tried audacity, because it was free, and for this type of stuff it sucks. The Amazing Slow Downer is AWAY better, I think well worth the $50.

DFSniper
10-04-2008, 08:11 PM
...wait the only goldwave i can find is a trial version... what am i doing wrong. i went to the goldwave website, i didn't see a free version...

yeah, you have to pay for the full thing.

kramernator
10-05-2008, 07:57 AM
alright, thanks for the recommendations

Muddytaco
10-05-2008, 07:54 PM
goldwave use to be free, guess they changed it, I still have the full free program.

Paintballadict18
10-06-2008, 12:02 AM
The amazing slowdowner is a magical gift from the musical gods of greatness