PDA

View Full Version : Apex

raven14
10-04-2008, 08:54 AM
I recently got an Apex for my MR1. It came with no users manual or instructions. I know about the drop shots and the left and right hooks but was not too familiar with the different settings you can click through on the top of the barrel. What are the main features of each setting? Which setting would give you an even balance between distance and accuracy if that is possible.

DFSniper
10-04-2008, 10:02 AM
all the settings do is angle your shot/add backspin to the ball. from what i've read, setting 3 and 4 are supposed to be the best while playing. if you slide it all the way forward, the ball goes into a dive bomb. if you turn the tip so it shoots left and have it on dive bomb, its like throwing a curve ball where it will be able to shoot around trees and barriers a little bit.

slim and shady
10-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Check out different pages like pbreveiw, pbn ect and they will give a tone of answears to this question I dont have the time right now to write it all out so I will just throw up a linky (http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/3894/) read through a few of the reveiws you will get the jist of it.

DFSniper
10-04-2008, 10:44 AM
http://paintballstore.tv/images/apex_barrel.jpg

the bottom two are a little exaggerated. they look more like the first one.

raven14
10-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the info! I took it out to my backyard and squeezed off a few shots. I was about 80 feet from my target and I had the setting on the 2nd click. Took a couple of shots to adjust but once I did I was getting some consistant grouping. I switched it to the 3rd setting and noticed it started to affect my grouping. I presume I would use the 3rd setting for targets further away. Couldn't play with the longer shots and curves because I have a small backyard.
Will still welcome any additional comments or experiences with the apex.

slim and shady
10-11-2008, 01:22 PM
It is very frustrating at times as you kind of only get its benifits from experience with the product but once you are good with it you are good with it! and it can be a very big help