PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good barrel

Blackhawk0
10-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I need to know what a good barrel is that will fit the mr2 WITHOUT milling... unfortanutly im still in high school and we dont have a dremmel that im aware of... I need to know that the best barrel i can buy for the mr2 is... ive been looking at hammerheads but i dont kno if its just a gimmick and im not willing to spend 130 for a barrel thats only as good as stock so i am looking for your inputs... also the J&J... people seem to like it but im not sure if its the ease of maintance or accuracy... obviously a kit is usually more accurate and i was wondering if the edge kit from j&j is good and will fit the mr2... PLZ remember that i am unable to have milling done...

I would certainly appreciate the help...

DFSniper
10-01-2008, 03:56 PM
hammerheads are supposed to be really good, after all, they've been around for years. not sure if the edge fits, but by the looks of it, it probably will.

evos
10-02-2008, 07:44 AM
hi i got a JJ on myne and i am happy with it!!!

xsvly-fat
10-02-2008, 11:03 AM
CPs are good and J&Js are also really good

Blackhawk0
10-02-2008, 02:00 PM
i think im gonna go with the edge kit... It appears (to me) that Viper has one so i do believe it should fit and if not ill find a way to get rid of it... thanks for the help guys i appreciate it... one last thing before i buy it though... is there anyway to mount the apex tip on the end... once again without milling...
Thanks again

sneekypete
10-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Use electical tape

DFSniper
10-02-2008, 04:07 PM
sundragonpps sells an adapter made by J&J for the apex tip.

ViperX
10-02-2008, 07:20 PM
i think im gonna go with the edge kit... It appears (to me) that Viper has one so i do believe it should fit and if not ill find a way to get rid of it... thanks for the help guys i appreciate it... one last thing before i buy it though... is there anyway to mount the apex tip on the end... once again without milling...
Thanks again

My Edge kit only fits because I wasn't using the front shroud. Edge kit J&J's wont fit a standard MR2...Hope you didn't buy one already.

Blackhawk0
10-03-2008, 10:36 AM
no i didnt buy it yet... thank you for letting me kno that... kinda a bummer how did u make your shroud... did you have to use a mill or is it a simple project... it looks awesome though...

If i just take the shroud off then will it work? and the part beneath the barrel... not sure what its called... does that need the protection of the shroud

DFSniper
10-03-2008, 02:57 PM
i believe he used an X7 shroud...

slim and shady
10-03-2008, 08:01 PM
actually he custome made his shroud out of a block of derlin it is an absolute work of art. Probably one of the mest home modes I have ever seen. As for barrels the JJ is good I really like the apex barrel too but thats not for everyone.

Blackhawk0
10-04-2008, 07:09 AM
about how accurate is the J&J with the apex on (i kno u can turn it off) at about 50 ft... also as i was doing research i found that a lapco bigshot has an apex ready barrel and i was wondering if those are better... my budget isnt too tight i just want the best barrel possible for my mr2
I kno im asking basically the same question again but i really cant decide and theres no proshop around where i can try stuff out

Thank you all for your inputs it is really appreciated

The part that stick out underneath the barrel after you take the shroud off...(the reservoir i believe) does that need protection becuase i believe that a 1" barrel can fit there if you take off the shroud...

sneekypete
10-04-2008, 07:20 AM
I use the J&J with the Apex and I really like it. It is very accurate but like Slim said Apex is not for everyone.

DFSniper
10-04-2008, 07:37 AM
i agree. was playing with my new one the other day, and while it does add some nice backspin making for a decent curve ball, i doubt i'll use it much. you can shoot around trees with enough practice, but i doubt you'll be able to hit someone behind a bunker unless they're at the edge. here's your standard left curve (ignore the "._"):
[path of paintball]
_|
./
([ideal bunker placement]
.\
._\
__|
[gun/you]

of course, the dive bomb feature is pretty nice :D

slim and shady
10-04-2008, 09:17 AM
I really love the apex and have become very good with it I can slip a few shoots into doors and windows while being at an impossible angle for anyone to try to shoot back unless they greatly empose themselves.

But to the question its great on the JJ I think I would pick that over the bigshot. I cant answear your accuracy question because you never stated what number the apex would be on or if it was off. If you have the apex off you will get good accuracy out of the JJ as it is. Even if you have the apex tip on and at setting 8 you would hit a person no problem, unless of corse you held your marker asif the apex was not on then the ball would go right into the ground because of the backspin.

Blackhawk0
10-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Ok ill get the J&J ceramic 1 piece..... Any recommended lengths and what is a good paint-bore match... also... is all you need to do is rap electrical tape around the end or do i have to get the apex adapter because if i can keep this cheap enough im gonna look into a q-loader

DFSniper
10-04-2008, 10:13 AM
14". i'm sure you need the adapter since the ceramic is a skinny barrel and you'd probably need A LOT of electrical tape just to get it to fit.

sneekypete
10-04-2008, 09:25 PM
I just used electical tape and it did not use that much. As for size I went with 14 but it is what you want that matter and I would Q-load it as well

Blackhawk0
10-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Thank you all for your help... i am going to do just that...

slim and shady
10-05-2008, 02:41 PM
tape is fine, does the same job as the adapter, I would suggest a 14" that is the most commonly used size. As for the paint to bore size i dont have the chart right now and im not sure where to get it anymore. I think Tim has one.