PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem...

TheDarkShadow
09-27-2008, 05:02 PM
actually, many problems...

But right now, I'm dealing with my PS2. It hasnt worked in about 2 months, I just have neglected to worry about it until now. It will turn on just fine, but the only problem is that it will not read any discs at all, not games, not CDs, not DVDs, not anything. so what should/can I do? Oh, and it is the huge old style PS2.

any help or suggestions is appreciated

XSiv Force
09-27-2008, 05:04 PM
fried............................................. ..........................:dodgy:

marvin-martian
09-27-2008, 05:41 PM
you have a DRE?

there are guides online that show you how to open it up and clean the lense. ive had to do this twice now.

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars

DFSniper
09-27-2008, 05:46 PM
broken gears? that happened to my first PSOne

TheDarkShadow
09-27-2008, 05:53 PM
broken gears? that happened to my first PSOne

I dont think so, I can hear it trying to read the disk

and marv, yes. i could do that but i'm a little nervous about doing that cause if I **** it up, I'm gonna be payin for a replacement myself...

marvin-martian
09-27-2008, 06:44 PM
the second you open it up you void warranty, so if you mess something up to the point of breaking it, youd have to buy a new one anyway. and i think they stopped taking them in to fix them and make you buy a new one. i remember calling them a couple years ago and they told me to go shopping.

so your options are:
-fix it. hooray!
-break it and get a new one
-call them and have them to tell you to get a new one

and in all honesty, fixing it isnt hard AT ALL. just be careful lifting the lid to not tear that cable. (if you have that model)

08Lud08
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM
i sent mine in 3yrs ago and when i got it back the problem came back in 2 months, so i opened it and cleaned the lense myself and it still worked perfects today.

marvin-martian
09-28-2008, 04:38 PM
its a very simple procedure. just keep track of the screws and be gentle, especially with the lense.

colonel_moo
09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
the second you open it up you void warranty, so if you mess something up to the point of breaking it, youd have to buy a new one anyway. and i think they stopped taking them in to fix them and make you buy a new one. i remember calling them a couple years ago and they told me to go shopping.

so your options are:
-fix it. hooray!
-break it and get a new one
-call them and have them to tell you to get a new one

and in all honesty, fixing it isnt hard AT ALL. just be careful lifting the lid to not tear that cable. (if you have that model)

its an old style PS2... i don't think its still under warranty

marvin-martian
09-28-2008, 05:24 PM
its an old style PS2... i don't think its still under warranty

then time to open it up!

police_brutality
10-03-2008, 04:38 AM
same thing happened to mine, when you put a cd in, lift one side up. so that it will be at a angle, this was the only way it would read cd at first and then it fixed itself

TheDarkShadow
11-10-2008, 03:29 PM
you have a DRE?

there are guides online that show you how to open it up and clean the lense. ive had to do this twice now.

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/ps2.ars

tried it, it didnt work