PDA

View Full Version : Ideas and Questions about MR3

villageidiot019
09-25-2008, 05:38 AM
I am thinking about getting an HPA tank don't care about brand just as long as its a carbon fiber tank. I have an apex barrel for it. I didn't like the stock so I took it off. I am also looking into a velocity hopper. Everything else is stock for the most part. I play woodsball and some speedball, not too much of that though.

What is next on my agenda is I want to get a drop forward and do the reverse tank thing for it where the CO2 tank or the HPA tak is facing towards the barrel. I know it will be heavier with an HPA tank on it instead of on my back with the remote line. I know I need longer airline but what drop forwards do you recommend. I am assuming one on the sides are the best so there isn't that unnatrual curve at the end when it plugs into the drop forward. Is there anything else I should know before I do this.

Sorry about the long reading.

lopezm78
09-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Look at getting a 2 o-ring bolt as well they are cheap. Alamo City make a good one. Honestly i would stick with the remote line and not the drop foward. That will make the gun alot heavier. Look at going low pressure as well. You will get a lot more shots out of a tank, for woods that is a good thing. Have not use a velocity Hopper though. I use th fasta from syder and does a great job. Look at getting a better feed neck as well, like the Trinity clamping. The stock one are kind of brittle.

villageidiot019
09-25-2008, 07:58 AM
I just bought the Trinity Clamping thing about 4 days ago. I might get it today, if all goes well. I know HPA tanks are high pressure but doesn't have a high velocity as well? I don't like remote lines, I have just had such bad luck with them. Last time I sued them it was caught on the tree and it and through me backward onto a nasty rock with a point and knocked the wind out of me. Another time it had a leak in it. Another time it just came out of my Tippmann and it gave me a good whack to the face knocked my mask off and i couldn't play the rest of the day because the Ref didn't see the line hit if off my face. So I am done with them. I might still stay with CO2 maybe I will just rent a HPA tank and see how it is before I make a decided on which way to go. What is so great about the 2 o-ring bolt?

What drop forwards do you recommend where you plus the airline on the side? I seem them on some markers, mainly Tippmann and I am unsure which one they use.

lopezm78
09-25-2008, 10:42 AM
The 2 O-ring bolt has less blow back and will help break less balls in the barrel. The thing with HPA is that the tanks are big and sometimes heavy. to get a good amount of shots per tank yuo need something bigger the 45/3000 say a i have a 73/3000 and get about two rounds out of it before refill. so about 800-1000 rounds or so. other downside is that not all fields have air stations. so bring your CO2 tank as back up. as far as drop forward dont know of any never looked.

lopezm78
09-25-2008, 10:47 AM
I did not say get a low pressure tank, i said to make your gun low pressure. sorry for the confusion. i dont know the proccess but it will help get more out of a tank. low pressure is when the gun opperates at less then 500PSI. i think. stock they shoot at 800-850PSI.

bigred76
09-25-2008, 12:26 PM
With a regulator, stock, Spyders can operate as low as 550psi. "Low pressure" categorization comes in at 450psi.

To get your tank reversed like you want, hmmm. That's a bit tricky with Spyders, as most come with the "offset" ASA screw pattern. You could do it, I believe (picturing it in my mind and I THINK it'll line up), but I'd sugest getting an aftermarket adapter block that you can mount inline patterned ASA's to, which is the industry standard. You only need to make sure that whatever ASA you pick is "direct mounted," or directly attaches without a rail, and that it has a side port for the air line to the gun. An on/off is a plus.

As for a tank... Crossfire, Pure Energy, and ACI are good brands. I'd stay away from Guerilla Air Myth tanks right now, as their regulators are having issues (mine just tried killing me last night). Get the HP (High Pressure) model as it puts out the industry standard 850psi to the gun, so it wont starve for air. For the mounting style you want, I'd suggest a "stubby" style tank. Looks like this: http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/642/ It's a bit fatter, but it's also a lot shorter than a normal 68/45 tank. Also holds 2ci more air, if that matters to you.

DFSniper
09-25-2008, 02:02 PM
how big of a drop are you looking for? just a small one, or one that actually brings the ASA forward some? (see my sig for an example of a large drop)

villageidiot019
09-25-2008, 08:08 PM
how big of a drop are you looking for? just a small one, or one that actually brings the ASA forward some? (see my sig for an example of a large drop)

I am just looking for one that I can just do the reverse tank thing with. I don't want it too small and not fit the tank not to big so I can have a chiwawa sit on top of my tank and hang out, so i guess some big enough to fit a 28 oz CO2 tank. Does that help? I don't see a drop forward in your sig.

villageidiot019
09-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh wait I found it, I didnt scroll down enough. But that is a good size. Can I hook up the airline on the side?

villageidiot019
09-30-2008, 07:57 AM
I decided to take off the stock off my MR3 because I don't really like the stocks that are out for it so I am going for a Submachine gun look. I noticed that little bub piece that you have to have to put the stock on. If i take the nub piece off the marker it leaves the bold open, is there a plug I can get or will it be ok to take that nub piece off? Or should I just leave it on?

hoodtrix
09-30-2008, 08:14 AM
will it be ok to take that nub piece off?

:yeahthat:

villageidiot019
09-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Oh ok I didn't want to get dirt or something in it and just mess up the whole thing.

hoodtrix
09-30-2008, 08:45 AM
you wont if you leave that lil piece in there

villageidiot019
09-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Ok so I will just leave it in there then. Is there any folding stocks out there for the MR3? The only stocks I have found is the 6 position M4 stock, and the 2 stocks that come with the MR1 and MR3.