PDA

View Full Version : media converting

~shocktheman~
09-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey guys its been awhile. Does anyone know of any good media converting websites? I've used media-convert.com in the past, but for some reason it hasn't been working the past few days.

My real dilemma is that I can't get videos from my video camera to play in windows movie maker on the new family computer. They import in .avi format and have always worked fine on our other computers, but they only play sound on the new comp, no video. The wierd thing is that the sample videos that came with the new pc are in .avi and they work fine with movie maker. I was gonna try to convert to something like .wmv so unless anyone knows computers and has any suggestions...are there any converters you'd recommend??

DFSniper
09-18-2008, 07:50 PM
hmm, try updating the video codec? i tried looking for the program i used in school once that shows you what codec you need for the file, but can't find it.

try download.com for some conversion programs.

~shocktheman~
09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
yeah i just tried a program that does that, its said that i had all the codecs i need. its wierd cuz windows media player will play the video no problem, however windows movie maker only plays the audio. i'm at a loss

~shocktheman~
09-18-2008, 08:07 PM
i take back part of my first post, the sample vids that came on the pc are actually in .wmv and they work fine. Windows movie maker says it supports .avi files as well though...?

DFSniper
09-18-2008, 08:24 PM
yep. my gamecam files are all .avi, and i've used them to make vids. but for some reason, it'll do that. does it do it with every .avi file, or just the ones from your camera?