PDA

View Full Version : High(er) ROF

Kunithrayin
09-18-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm wanting to get the 2007 spyder E-trigger for my MR1 but I know that it wouldn't be able to handle it so I want to know what I would need to do so that it could take it. I know I'd need a new bolt but which one? Also what strength spring should I use? And what else would it need?

bigred76
09-18-2008, 04:12 PM
ACP Bolt with oring on the tip (other than that, take your pick).

MR2 frame used from an MR2 part-out.

Medium spring or if you have a regulator, a light spring.

Kunithrayin
09-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Why do I need the MR2 frame? And what regs would you suggest?

bigred76
09-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Whoops, didn't read that part, haha... Sorry, been a long day and I just didn't read it all apparently...

For a regulator: Palmers Stabilizer all the way for CO2. BEST CO2 regulator on the market!

slim and shady
09-18-2008, 06:54 PM
The Mr2 and 3 frames dont fit on the MR1, well you could tap a new hole I guess to hold the frame on

Kunithrayin
09-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Why would I want the MR2 frame though? And where can I find one of those bolts and the regulator you mentioned bigred?

slim and shady
09-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Red probably figured you would be better off with the MR2 frame over the e-trigger you mentioned.

bigred76
09-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Nah, I didn't read the post fully and thought he was just asking to make a mechanical gun faster... simple "duh" in my mind, get an electro frame. Mistakenly thought at the same time that it was the MR2/3 style frame mount at the same time before I checked.

As for an eframe, the best on the market BY FAR is the T1/ZIP. But that's because it converts the marker to a FASOR design (also install a ram and an LPR with the frame, of course). The second best frame is the AMG frame, as the shape is just incredible compared to normal frames. It's like a 2k5 Timmy frame VS a 2k2. Only problem is the mounting style, again, as it's made only for the AMG. The third best frame for the Spyder is the 2k8 Electra with the Tadao LEAP board stock. The next best frame is the VS2 frame with it's nice trigger. Fifth is the standard, ol' ESP frame. Can't go wrong with it, and there's SOooooooooo many options out there for it.

'Nough said? ;)

For the bolt, Alamo City Paintball makes a number of bolts for many kinds of markers, and the MR1 happens to be one of them. It's a good quality delrin bolt with the SFT (copyrighted by SP, but **** them, there isn't a better name for that oring) oring to seal the breach when firing, limiting blowback and increasing velocity. http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/kingman.html Halfway down the page you'll see the MR1/EMR1 bolts. ;)

TheDarkShadow
09-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Nah, I didn't read the post fully and thought he was just asking to make a mechanical gun faster... simple "duh" in my mind, get an electro frame. Mistakenly thought at the same time that it was the MR2/3 style frame mount at the same time before I checked.

As for an eframe, the best on the market BY FAR is the T1/ZIP. But that's because it converts the marker to a FASOR design (also install a ram and an LPR with the frame, of course). The second best frame is the AMG frame, as the shape is just incredible compared to normal frames. It's like a 2k5 Timmy frame VS a 2k2. Only problem is the mounting style, again, as it's made only for the AMG. The third best frame for the Spyder is the 2k8 Electra with the Tadao LEAP board stock. The next best frame is the VS2 frame with it's nice trigger. Fifth is the standard, ol' ESP frame. Can't go wrong with it, and there's SOooooooooo many options out there for it.

'Nough said? ;)

For the bolt, Alamo City Paintball makes a number of bolts for many kinds of markers, and the MR1 happens to be one of them. It's a good quality delrin bolt with the SFT (copyrighted by SP, but **** them, there isn't a better name for that oring) oring to seal the breach when firing, limiting blowback and increasing velocity. http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/kingman.html Halfway down the page you'll see the MR1/EMR1 bolts. ;)

the only one's out of there that fit are the T1 frame, modded AMG frame, and the ESP/CAMD frame

bigred76
09-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Only ones that fit are the ESP frame and T1 frame, but the T1 kit would be a ***** to install on an MR1. That leaves the ESP frame. I was just expanding on frames so he can understand a bit more about them. :)

Mitchell-MR1
09-26-2008, 05:30 PM
I have an MR-1 that shoots very fast. It took me a long time to get it correct but now it is the best gun around.

I took the Spyder 2.0 rocking triger and put that on the gun. I sanded the harder hammer and polished the insides. I took the factory valve and ported the top hole. I also changed to a ACP Low blow bolt. I have to keep the tank attached to the gun so that I can shoot very fast.

The spring that I have is out off an old spyder compact that is all used up. It was the only way I could slow it down to under 280fps. I have also put on a lockign feed neck and an 18v Fasta hopper and I do not chop a single ball.

A lot of people say that the MR1 is not worth it but I love the looks and the quality of the marker.

Have Fun

DFSniper
09-26-2008, 05:36 PM
sanded the insides? thats not too good...

Mitchell-MR1
09-28-2008, 06:27 PM
No No No I only ploished the insides of the body. I sanded the harder hammer to make it a little smaller so that it slides in the tube very easy and I do mean very easy. I polished the hammer after I snaded it with high gloss alum car polish.

DFSniper
09-28-2008, 06:35 PM
oh, ok. had me worried.