PDA

View Full Version : Carl's Jr.

vikingshadow
09-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Well, for the past 5 months, construction of one of these "restaraunts" has been underway DIRECTLY behind my house. I mean, like there's my back yard, the alley and then the parking lot of the place. You can see the building from every window in the back of my house. Their parking lot lights FLOOD my backyard all night long, and lucky for me, there's been a semi truck trailor sitting back there the entire weekend with it's refrigeration unit running off and on at all hours.

Lovely.

Well, yesterday they finally opened. Now, instead of a nice, peaceful backyard experience, I have a "living under the freeway" sort of thing going back there. Seriously, traffic all the time. Apparently traffic was so heavy at noon today that people were parking across the highway (in other parking lots) to eat there today, the highway was blocked because of the drive thru crowd - honking, yelling, cussing - the works (good thing school was happening or my kids would have gotten a new lesson in language I'd just as soon they didn't have.)

I bet the value of my house just dropped 20,000.00 in one day because of this. I better not start getting Carl's Jr. trash all over my yard!

Anyway, we walked over there for supper tonight just to try it out as we've never eaten at a Carl's Jr before. I will have to say it's pretty nice not to have to get in the car, drive somewhere, find a place to park then stand in line forever. We just went out the back gate and across the parking lot - this would have been great back in my college days, but not really now.

However, to end this on a good note, it's probably the best fast food cheeseburger I've ever had! I got the Six Dollar Western Burger combo. HUGE hamburger and was perfectly cooked. We'll just have to see what this will bring to my living situation!

TheDarkShadow
09-16-2008, 05:33 PM
wow that sucks pretty bad Vike, Country living FTW

Paradox313
09-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Damn that sucks guy. I live within a 3 minute walking distance of Subway and Round Table.

I love Carls Jr, but their new Prime Rib burger does terrible things to my stomach. Other than that, their Six Dollar Burgers are pretty good, but slammed with ketchup, and the like.

xsvly-fat
09-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Thats stupid. Well atleast it wasn't a McDonalds haha

Drefish99
09-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Your gonna need some more support soon Vike. It could be worse. It could have been a Kenny Rogers Roasters :)

vikingshadow
09-17-2008, 04:41 AM
Thats stupid. Well atleast it wasn't a McDonalds haha

McDonalds is across the highway, caty-cornered to Carl's Jr. It's been there for many years, though - since before I was in high school. It's not so bad except for the kids that park there late at night with their thumping music going full blast, haha!

Your gonna need some more support soon Vike. It could be worse. It could have been a Kenny Rogers Roasters :)

Yeah, I'm already stressing this year because of the weight I've gained back, and this isn't going to help any!

Those yahoos were out back banging away at their truck at 5:00 this morning. I'm thinking my paintball gear is going to be quite handy something soon...:mad:

vwjimmy
09-17-2008, 08:15 AM
They are called 'Hardees' back here....
...as a kid in San Diego, I loved Western Bacon Cheeseburgers. Here, sadly, they are not on the menu.......
Plant a line of trees at the fence row Vike ;)

vikingshadow
09-17-2008, 10:14 AM
That's what we plan on doing - it'll add a sound barrier AND a view blocker. We used to have a Hardees here many years ago before Carl's Jr took over.

Is it bad I've been wanting another Western Bacon Cheeseburger today?

bigred76
09-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Hahaha! Poor Vike! I love Carl's Jr's Western burger, but just the plain ol' single patty version. They always screw up and overcook the double pattied versions. We have a Carl's about 5min away (driving, which is good for San Jose), and every once in a while we hit it up.

You're just lucky it wasn't an In-N-Out, Vike... You'd be over there right now if it was! ;)

xsvly-fat
09-17-2008, 12:58 PM
McDonalds is across the highway, caty-cornered to Carl's Jr. It's been there for many years, though - since before I was in high school. It's not so bad except for the kids that park there late at night with their thumping music going full blast, haha!

Hopefully it wont get any worse

Paradox313
09-17-2008, 01:33 PM
You're just lucky it wasn't an In-N-Out, Vike... You'd be over there right now if it was! ;)

In-N-Out only exists in California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona.

But nonetheless, that's the best burger joint period.

xsvly-fat
09-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Haha that is true

The nearest one around here though is like 100 miles away though =(

vikingshadow
09-17-2008, 04:53 PM
In-N-Out....sounds kinda kinky! Dang tootin' I'd be there all the time!

bigred76
09-18-2008, 12:08 PM
In-N-Out only exists in California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona.

But nonetheless, that's the best burger joint period.

I know... but he'd be screwed if it was. ;) Their burgers are omfgwtfbbq good! :D

vikingshadow
09-18-2008, 04:45 PM
hehehe, I'm eating Carl's Jr tonight! It's almost 7:00 and I'm still at school - and haven't accomplished much of anything - I hate meetings. Late nights = Junk food = poundage = upset Viking!

DRAGON
09-18-2008, 05:07 PM
hehehe, I'm eating Carl's Jr tonight! It's almost 7:00 and I'm still at school - and haven't accomplished much of anything - ...........!

Our tax dollars at work - :smirk:

DFSniper
09-18-2008, 05:18 PM
hehehe, I'm eating Carl's Jr tonight! It's almost 7:00 and I'm still at school - and haven't accomplished much of anything - I hate meetings. Late nights = Junk food = poundage = upset Viking!

i know what thats like, i work at mcdonalds. get out of class, stop by at work, grab lunch (50% discount!), then go sit in the car and read/change into uniform before i have to actually be at work.

irishwarrior
09-19-2008, 08:42 PM
^so you get 50% off 99 cents?

DFSniper
09-20-2008, 05:18 AM
nope, anything over $1, and up to a $15 order