PDA

View Full Version : 08 pilot or 08 electra?

iheartmurder
09-14-2008, 06:34 PM
pros and cons?

im looking to sell my sons vs1. he gets my vs2.
i love the new look for the spyders and dont know which to get! :(
both have psp! both have leap. i dont care for on/off purge. but anyway...i need some opinions. has anyone fired both and noticed a difference?
thanks guys!

florios
09-14-2008, 07:47 PM
the only real difference is pilot is plastic and elextra is metal, also the elextra comes with a clamping feed neck and is just a little bit smaller

so my advise to you is if you have the extra money go with the electra if your on a budget go with the pilot, what your paying for is the mettal body and feed neck and thats about it

Master Tech
09-17-2008, 09:05 AM
the only real difference is pilot is plastic and elextra is metal, also the elextra comes with a clamping feed neck and is just a little bit smaller

so my advise to you is if you have the extra money go with the electra if your on a budget go with the pilot, what your paying for is the mettal body and feed neck and thats about it

The only part of the Pilot that's plastic is the trigger frame. The rest of it is aluminum like the Electra. The feedneck is a plus on the Electra and so is the inline regulator which helps with velocity consistency. The Pilot only has a gas-thru foregrip. Also the Electra has an on/off bottomline that can shut off the airflow from the tank without having to remove the tank completely.

All of thie makes the Electra a better buy since it has 4 major features over the Pilot that would otherwise cost you over a $100 just to upgrade.

florios
09-17-2008, 12:33 PM
oh alright i just told what was told to me just trying to help =\

Kingman-Rep
09-18-2008, 08:37 AM
oh alright i just told what was told to me just trying to help =\

don't mind him he's a bit of a know it all full of hot air!!! he means no harm.

Master Tech
09-18-2008, 09:22 AM
don't mind him he's a bit of a know it all full of hot air!!! he means no harm.

Somebody has to do it...

iheartmurder
10-02-2008, 03:42 AM
ok.....so if you could adjust the psi using the reg on the electra how can you tell where it is? i see no gauge... is there a way to tell what the psi is set to?

Master Tech
10-02-2008, 10:12 AM
ok.....so if you could adjust the psi using the reg on the electra how can you tell where it is? i see no gauge... is there a way to tell what the psi is set to?

Based on my tests the reg. is set at around 300psi from the factory and turning the adjuster counter clockwise 1/2 a turn increased it by 50psi. I used a reg tester to read the actual output and if you have the adjuster all the way in the reg. output will start at 200psi.

Remember everytime you make any adjustments to the reg. it is neccesary to shoot the gun a few times to let the new output setting settle in.

iheartmurder
10-02-2008, 07:44 PM
ehhh...im not sure i like that...anyway to get a gauge on it?

DFSniper
10-02-2008, 07:58 PM
gauge adapter

http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=NW-GAUGEADAPTER&Category_Code=INLINEREGS

courtesy of our friends at airsoldier!

iheartmurder
10-03-2008, 03:38 AM
thats awesome!
between the asa and bottle eh? i better get a myth reg. for my 48/45

thanks a lot to all of you!

DFSniper
10-03-2008, 04:08 AM
you could do that, but really its to put between the reg and the body :p

iheartmurder
10-03-2008, 04:16 AM
HAHA ooops

Paintballadict18
10-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Electra! :D

Master Tech
10-17-2008, 10:29 AM
ehhh...im not sure i like that...anyway to get a gauge on it?

Once you set the reg. you don't have to mess with it again. You fine tune the velocity from the back of the gun.

Besides putting a gauge adapter between the reg and vertical ASA will increase its length. It also doesn't look look good...