PDA

View Full Version : Standard 9v battery work in a spyder vs1?

Protan
09-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey guys. I was paint balling last week and when I went to grab my gun I realized I hadn't charged the battery and it was dead. So anyways I put a standard Duracell 9v battery in it. It was fine at first but then later on the gun would make the clicking noise from the e-trigger but wasnt firing. Which gave me the impression that there wasn't enough power. Anyways does it have to be the spyder rechargeable battery in the gun? Or do I have another problem on my hands?

scubad1ver
09-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Yep, You need to only use the 9.6 rechargeable battery by spyder for your gun. I had the same problem. I have a spyder electra that I bought used and the guy I bought it from had a 9 volt in it. Not only did it eat up the 9 volt batterys very fast but I had the same clicking problem where it didn't have enough power for the solenoid to move so it was just making a clicking noise. I checked with several people who said that you should only use the 9.6 volt rechargeable. I took there advise and bought one and I haven't had any problems since.

deano 177
09-15-2008, 08:38 AM
I saw a mod posted that would allow you to run nine volt batts (http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=18119). I don't know if it will work for the VS1, though. The poster of the mod seems to think that it will work because they use the same sear set...