PDA

View Full Version : Metallica -Death Magnetic

Modded-Like-Hell
09-12-2008, 12:11 PM
sounds good. better than St. Anger because it sounds more like there older stuff. anyone else have it?

Muddytaco
09-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I went to buy it on Tuesday but they told me I couldn't get it till friday.

I am downloading it on Itunes right now.

Anything has to be better then the crap box known as St. Anger, I have listined to Metallica since I was in 5th Grade and loved at least 3 songs on each CD they have put out except St. Anger, listined to that about 3 times and put it back in the case and through it in the back seat of my truck been back there ever since.

DFSniper
09-12-2008, 03:41 PM
i agree with dave, anythings better than st. anger.

the album is alright, but their instrumental track is by far the best song on the album, and unforgiven III just kinda blew :(

STRIKEFIRST
09-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh yeah it's back to the old school sound...good stuff

TheDarkShadow
09-14-2008, 07:21 AM
YEAH! i'm glad someone started this thread, my friend downlaoded it for me 10 days before it came out. I really really like it. the day that never comes is my favorite. yeah I like the intrumental track too (suicide and redemption, I think)

DFSniper
09-14-2008, 12:39 PM
yeah, suicide and redemption is by far my favorite track on the album

Modded-Like-Hell
09-18-2008, 03:44 PM
its beem almost a week and im still listening to it... far best one in a few years... i outlawed st. anger from my house

oldironmudder
09-18-2008, 03:54 PM
The day that never comes doesnt sound alot better than st anger, but a little better. Now I havent heard the rest of the album so I cant really say much but that first song didnt light a fire under my bum to buy the cd.

Now Slipknot's new album..... I gave my wife money & said dont come back til you get it!!

DFSniper
09-18-2008, 04:23 PM
yeah, their first hit isnt that great.

Modded-Like-Hell
09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
and justice for all is my all time favorite album

i suggest listening to the one of there older albums then to st. anger and last death magnetic...

DFSniper
09-19-2008, 02:18 PM
my favorite albums in order:
...and justice
kill em all
master
ride
black album
reload
garage
S&M
load
death magnetic
st. anger

my dad has a cd version of no life til leather, but i looked it up, and theres arguments over whether its an actual re-recording of the demo tape or just kill em all tracks someone mixed with live recordings.

spyderfan4271
09-19-2008, 04:11 PM
This is the best thing since And Justice For All! The black album was to mellow and for the masses to me. I unloaded load, never even bought reload and wish I never bought the s&m orchestra thing. St. anger was actually a start in the right direction. I love that they got Slayer and Danzig producer Ric Rubin. I thing some of the guitar sound a little like Slayer around seasons of the Abyss with some Death Angel's ultra violence and a little bit of Joe Satriani.