PDA

View Full Version : Rain Rain!

vikingshadow
09-12-2008, 04:53 AM
We've got MAJOR rain hitting us from the West from Tropical Storm Lowell (from the Pacific) and MAJOR rain and stuff coming from Hurricane Ike from the Southeast. My back yard is now a back pond - moving towards a back lake...the funny thing is that we didn't get flood insurance because we actually live on the top of the biggest hill in town. Our town has awesome drainage systems (they're like new because they hardly get used) and I'm actually wondering what's going to happen now.

We seriously haven't had more than a couple of inches of rain in a row for nearly 8 years, now we're getting hammered! I know there are people worse off due to these storms (duh) but wow!

I'll see if I can get some pictures here in a bit...

LostCause
09-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Wow, that stinks man, wen ike hit us in MD, wasnt bad at all lol. Thenagain you have two...hope it doesnt flood for yall.

vikingshadow
09-12-2008, 10:24 AM
They've shut down a small town just a few miles south of us - evacuated them and everything - all the roads going there have washed out!

It's stopped raining here for awhile, but it's scheduled to come back up again so who knows?

I'm not going to complain because the Texas people have it worse than we do by a LONG ways. Same with the Louisianna people...

Ace24
09-12-2008, 11:04 AM
We're getting pummeled with rain here too.. I think it's the aftermath of that previous hurricane.

VS3 Sniper
09-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Its barely raining here. :p but I'm sure it will get worse very soon.

xsvly-fat
09-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Geez it hasn't rained here for a few weeks. It sounds like your getting hit hard

Muddytaco
09-12-2008, 12:12 PM
I am about 70 miles north of where the eye of Ike is landing and its really nice out right now, no rain and wind hasn't really picked up yet.

Funny thing I just saw on the news, somebody boarded up there house and spary painted "Take a hike IKE, don't beat us like Tina" over the wood LMAO.

VS3 Sniper
09-12-2008, 12:58 PM
^ Lol

durrell
09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Pics or shens. :p

TheDarkShadow
09-14-2008, 07:16 AM
I'm ready for rain

vikingshadow
09-14-2008, 07:17 AM
It stopped later that day, but the word is that 3 towns were evacuated around us. Sun came out later on, and now it's just a bit soggy - we've got some wind, though!