PDA

View Full Version : September 11th attacks anniversary

nastystankweed
09-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Hey guys just wanted to post something up about these attacks to remember and honor all the pour souls who lost their lives.

Everyone please say something to honor them.

Thank you

DFSniper
09-11-2008, 06:44 PM
its hard to believe thats its been seven years already. it doesnt seem that long ago...

TheDarkShadow
09-11-2008, 07:01 PM
funny, a guatamalan started this thread, none the less it was a sad day for amreica, I remember it pretty well but i didn't find out about it until the end of the school day. I was in the 4th grade. a great early b-day present for my brother :dodgy:

XSiv Force
09-11-2008, 07:03 PM
i was in science in the 7th grade when i found out
WE WILL NEVER FORGET

nastystankweed
09-11-2008, 07:40 PM
I was born in Guatemala but my whole family is american and I consider my self American. I have never had the privilege to live in the US but I go there more then a few times a year.

I was in the 3rd grade that day I remember my Mom telling me when she picked me up from school. I immediately cried. I couldn't grasp the shear magnitude of those attacks. It still brings tears to my eyes. I love The USA more then any other country. I am extremely proud to have an American passport. God bless the USA there are so many great people, look at all the firefighters and police officers that went in there and made the ultimate sacrifice. Look at all the civilians who stepped up and became heroes that day. Look at our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. The USA is a special country far better then anything Ive ever been in and Im proud of that.

GOD BLESS THE USA

TheDarkShadow
09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
there are so many true heroes that sacrificed themselves to save others, it gives me goosebumps to think about it

DFSniper
09-11-2008, 07:59 PM
watching the second plane go full speed into that tower almost made me cry a few minutes ago...

Paradox313
09-11-2008, 08:26 PM
Does it make me cold and bitter to not have much feelings about the attacks?

Like I feel a little bad for the families and such, but as for the attacks I have no feelings of hatred or sadness towards anybody.

vikingshadow
09-12-2008, 04:40 AM
I was getting ready to start a new job that day. Watching the Today Show, when I thought I saw something fly past the tower - instead it went right into it! I sat up and couldn't believe it. No one knew what was happening!

I left for my new job, and saw HUGE lines at all the gas stations, and gas shot up like 50 cents a gallon - it was ridiculous...

I quit that job like two weeks later and went back to my old job.

DisIsMyUsername
09-12-2008, 06:45 AM
damn some of you all are old.

i was in the 9th grade...7 yrs later I can remember vividly every emotion and thoughts of that day.

RIP to all who lost their lives on that day..

DFSniper
09-12-2008, 03:47 PM
i was in 7th grade science class when my social studies teacher next door ran over and told the teacher to turn on the tv...

nastystankweed
09-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Does it make me cold and bitter to not have much feelings about the attacks?

Like I feel a little bad for the families and such, but as for the attacks I have no feelings of hatred or sadness towards anybody.

In a way you should have feelings for this. You are an american citizen(assuming) and this was a catastrophic attack on our home. On 2 of the most symbolic things in the United States. I must say I have hatred for the people responsible. More then hate I despise them and think that God himself should punish them. Not only am I an American citizen I am Jewish and feel threatened by these radical Islamic terrorist. I am actually glad we went over to Iraq and Afghanistan. Its thanks to those young men and women why I think we haven't gotten hit again. They are fighting us over there and not at home.

spray and pray
09-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm believe I was in 7th grade when it happened. As soon as I heard about it I was speechless. I remembered going to the towers a month ago seeing all of the people that were there.

It aggrovates me that anyone has the nerve to kill that many innocent people.

battlechaser
09-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I remember sitting in the hall classes were cancelled when we heard. I was sitting there with friends, myself being the oldest in the group, actually turning 18 in a couple days time. I was sitting there and wondering, am I going to spend my 19th birthday in a flak jacket with an M16 to my shoulder? It's the same if you ask the generations before us what happened the day John F. Kennedy was shot. For at least a few minutes the world ground to a halt.

My deepest condolences to the families of the lost. Aside from a World War or other acts of mass genocide there hasn't been such a tragic loss of life.

SpyderMan723
09-12-2008, 04:31 PM
watching the second plane go full speed into that tower almost made me cry a few minutes ago...

same here. I tear up when I see the 2nd plane hit :(

Terrorists FTMFL!!!!!!!!!111

DFSniper
09-12-2008, 04:46 PM
In a way you should have feelings for this. You are an american citizen(assuming) and this was a catastrophic attack on our home. On 2 of the most symbolic things in the United States. I must say I have hatred for the people responsible. More then hate I despise them and think that God himself should punish them. Not only am I an American citizen I am Jewish and feel threatened by these radical Islamic terrorist. I am actually glad we went over to Iraq and Afghanistan. Its thanks to those young men and women why I think we haven't gotten hit again. They are fighting us over there and not at home.

thanks, i didn't want to be the first to say something. i'm not even american, but i've been americanized since i was 3, so i consider myself an american. 9/11 will probably be THE event that defines our generation, so yes, you SHOULD feel emotionally connected to it. i'm not going to go into the politics about whether what we did was right or wrong (the UN sanctioned it, and we're not the only country with an army in afghanistan), but if someone threatened your way of life, are you just going to stand there and let them get away with it. now this may sound cocky or conceited or whatever, but if the US lets someone get away something like that, how does that make our country look? we're the world's superpower, and do people honestly think that we'll just stand by after hundreds of our people were MURDERED on our own soil? no, we'll be out for justice, or as some will say, we're out for blood. and what if we're out for blood? why shouldn't we invade afghanistan, a country run by and harboring the very same terrorists that ordered the killing of innocent people to try and prove a point? they should've known better than to think that we'd be cowering in fear, and for that, bin laden is a ****ing idiot!

to sum it all up, the best quote that comes to mind is from the old toonami comercials (supposedly a line from the old superman shows) "We won't be intimidated by criminal threats!"

It's the same if you ask the generations before us what happened the day John F. Kennedy was shot.
beat me to it...