PDA

View Full Version : I got ****ed on ebay.........

Muddytaco
09-11-2008, 01:54 PM
I bought a lens on ebay that was in "excellent working condition and takes excellent pictures" from a seller with 139 all positive feedback. Fast forward to today and I get this POS:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn207/muddytaco3/52842692.jpg

WTF!

Scratches ALL OVER the glass!

I have big white marks showing up in the pictures where the scratches are!!!!

This is such bull****!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so ****ing pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :flame: :cussing: :punch:

I already filed a dispute with ebay and contacted the seller demanding a refund.

If he doesn't issue the refund I am calling credit card and cancelling payment/the entire card if I have to.

Its not like this is some cheap POS lens, I basically paid ALOT of money for a lens that is ****ed!

I am done with ebay!!!!!!

****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****! ****!

Critical
09-11-2008, 02:04 PM
wow, i can't even imagine.

TheDarkShadow
09-11-2008, 02:30 PM
holy ****, i dont blame you for being pissed

battlechaser
09-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Sorry to hear that bro.

So far I've had two instances with eBay and items not arriving. Both times things got cleared up. Due to the fact that the guy advertised as LNIB you'll probably make out alright. Did you also have insurance on the package? Just in case it was damaged in shipping.

Hopefully things get cleared up alright. Might be an idea to make an eBay awareness thread in BST or something, just to catalogue some of the people we've had the misfortunes of dealing with.

Good luck! I hope you get your money back/new product.

Muddytaco
09-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Package was not insured but this def. did not happen during shipping there were about 10 layers of bubble wrap around the entire lens, no possible way for it to happen during shipping. This what the packaging looked like:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn207/muddytaco3/cd8dceb7.jpg

It was def. caused from miss handling before the item was sent.

And I just discovered more problems:
-there is something wrong with the mounting plate, when mounted to a tripod the camera body has play in it....like i can move it side to side about 1/8th to 1/4"
-when set to second focusing mode (3m-infinity) it sometimes just sets there and doesn't auto focus at all

I am beyond pissed off right now. Lens cost about 3x or more what most people pay for a digital camera and its basicly non-usable.

To make it worse I wanted to use this lens next thurs. - sun. and now i am screwed!

especiialypsycho
09-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Wow taco I hope everything works out! and thanks again for the avvy

STRIKEFIRST
09-11-2008, 04:15 PM
WOW you have been VIOLATED.

That seller should be ashamed!

Muddytaco
09-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Ok so I got a reply back from the seller:

I tested the lens with my brother's Canon camera and the pictures was perfect, but if you are not happy with it please sent it back for refund. I don't want anybody have sad face.
My address is:

***taken out***

Thanks,
***took out sellers name***

Ok now I don't feel so bad but I am still pissed that I got it in the first place.

Atleast he is making it right.

Lucky for me I have enough cash to cover a new lens to have it in time for next week since I will be getting the cash back from him, and by new I mean NIB the saving it not worth this bull****.

I took out his name b/c he is making it right, please don't ask for it or his screenname, I have decided not to release it.

DFSniper
09-11-2008, 05:47 PM
cool. i figured it would be something like that. especially with all that positive feedback.

bigred76
09-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Just a cheap 'ol lens... :dodgy: to the MAX. As I said, if he ****s you over, give me a plane ticket to his home town, his address, and $500... I'll take care of it for you.

DisIsMyUsername
09-12-2008, 06:18 AM
well..

ebay-1
muddy-0

:)

in all seriousness though, glad its lookin like its gonna work out.

Muddytaco
09-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Got my money back today, lesson learned never buying used items on ebay again, I got lucky this time.

oldironmudder
09-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Just a cheap 'ol lens... :dodgy: to the MAX. As I said, if he ****s you over, give me a plane ticket to his home town, his address, and $500... I'll take care of it for you.

I take the cheapest ticket you can find & $375?? :p

Not to be an *** but there are some times you should just bite the bullet & buy it new & not chance it. After I got burnt from buying my first truck (cracked block) I became anal about checking one before I would even offer.

villageidiot019
10-07-2008, 08:28 AM
I am glad everything worked out. I never had any problems when buying anything off ebay. Except one time I got so into the bidding of an I pod I paid more than what it was worth but oh well, that was my fault.