PDA

View Full Version : nearly wraped it around a tree yesterday

'01edgered
09-11-2008, 03:53 AM
so ever since i did the "bolt break in" my guns is *ucked. the first few shots just barely make it out of the barrel. and it does not re cock the bolt. the air adjustment is all the way in and I even put one out of a pilot acs in it and still the same. the speed is in the 180-200 fps range. seems to do it more with the qloader than the gravity feed. Ive taken it all apart and all back together and can not figure it out. the this is so in accurate its not funny. different paint has been tried. remote line on and off has been tried. im not a angry or violent person but this has got me to the edge right now.

MR2 no eye
QLoader direct feed.
hard detent
other than that its stock

WTF!!!!

thanks guys

bigred76
09-11-2008, 10:48 AM
First turn out the velocity spring some. You don't want to create recocking problems by doing that. Second, rip down the marker and lube everything nice 'n good and make sure the bolt is in right side up (that sometimes is an issue). Thirdly and lastly, put a couple drops of oil into the ASA before screwing in your tank, barrel, or hopper, screw in your tank, and shoot a couple of shots to ensure everything is lubed good.

If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll go from there.

'01edgered
09-11-2008, 01:01 PM
ok thanks bigred. ill work on it some more tonight

'01edgered
09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
well got my new velocity adjuster and striker plug still no good, the first shot went blat and it didnt recock. does my bolt need broken in more?

sneekypete
09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I think so just from what I have read it sometimes take a lot to break in the ACS bolt. I would get a zip tie and hold it compressed for a week. Pretty sure that is what Shady did. hope that helps

'01edgered
09-11-2008, 05:13 PM
workin on that right now. im just wondering why it started doing this right after I tried it the first time.

slim and shady
09-11-2008, 08:37 PM
well lets get some more info. what modes of fire does the problem occure in? Is it when you are firing fast? if you slowly shoot in semi what happens? Did you oil it like Red said? it is impossible to put the acs bolt in upside down thats more a MR1 problem.

How was your marker shooting befor you started messing around with the bolt? what did you do to break it in?
did it recock itself before you did the mod or not?

If it had recocking issues from the start it could just be that the bolt was never broken in fully. If it was fine before why the heck did you screw with it LOL. Just kidding. But give us some more info and we will see what we can do to help.

'01edgered
09-12-2008, 03:57 AM
it messes up mostly on slow fire semi, like very slow. burst and auto are the same and i did oil it yes. took it all apart again yesterday. made sure that everything was in how the drawings show. the valve may have been in backwards. before it worked fine. then I heard about the bolt break in. I had it in the closed position with a marker holding the derlin section back for like a day or so then it went to hell. i took the bolt apart yesterday and it seems that the steel does not guide well in the derlin without binding. and ive always had recock problems so thats why i tired this. most of the problems went away with the q loader now there are so many more

'01edgered
09-12-2008, 04:00 AM
oh and i changed out the Reservoir Adapter Plug o rings too, the ones on there were screwed up it looked like. now after that i took it out and was hand feeding it balls and it seemed to be better, no recocking problems. but i need more paint and air to final test it

slim and shady
09-12-2008, 06:59 AM
can you lightly sand where the metal guids through the bolt? maby it snaging up on there to bad and thats causing yout trouble?

'01edgered
09-12-2008, 09:58 AM
thats what i was thinkin, that or put some rubbing compound in there and cycle it a ton of times. getting out early today due to rain so i going to pick up some paint and give it a shot

slim and shady
09-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Have you concidered buying an ACP bolt?

'01edgered
09-15-2008, 10:09 AM
whats a acp bolt. this thing is still acting up. i used it Saturday and it messed up for the first few shots then it smoothed out all day. shot prolly 1500 rounds. let me tell you the qloader is sweet. but yesterday i wanted to try it again and the first few shots where slow or didn't leave the barrel then I had a break and it went all to hell.

'01edgered
09-15-2008, 11:48 AM
ok the oring bolt yes im looking into one of them

'01edgered
09-16-2008, 08:02 AM
are the acp bolts a anti chop bolt or will i not need it with my qloader?

slim and shady
09-16-2008, 08:07 AM
lots of people upgraded to the 2 oring bolt. They are not anti-chop but if you have a good true forcefed loader (wich you do) good detents and use a stiffer shelled paint (if you have the q-loader you have to use a stiffer shell anyway) so you shouldnt experience much trouble. what are your prewinds set to on your pods?

'01edgered
09-16-2008, 09:00 AM
8 right now, i went from the direct mount to a side mount with a short 2.5" of tube. now im just trying to figure out how to mount the bracket on the stock handle. thinking of molding it in with jb weld

slim and shady
09-16-2008, 05:15 PM
up your prewinds most users have them set between 12 and 16 mine are around 12 1/2 right now. Perhaps they are not feeding fast enough as well. I actually like the direct feed alot better then side feed, alot less hasstle.

'01edgered
09-17-2008, 03:43 AM
where its at seems to work fine. i take them down to neutral then twist them up by hand. but im still puzzled on why the first 10 shots or so are weak or dont even leave the barrel

slim and shady
09-17-2008, 08:53 AM
When was the last time you cleaned your marker? it almost sounds like you have tghe same symptoms as when the bolt is full of paint. Is there a bur or anything the bolt may be getting friction from inside tthe marker body or on the actual bolt?

'01edgered
09-17-2008, 09:45 AM
its cleaned all the time. im going to sand this one down some till i order the other bolt

slim and shady
09-17-2008, 02:53 PM
can you see any visible burrs on it or in the marker body?

'01edgered
09-18-2008, 03:42 AM
no i cant, im going to try to take it apart again today to examine it closer. after those first few shots it starts working fine.

slim and shady
09-18-2008, 06:52 PM
What happens if you dry fire it the first few shots?

'01edgered
09-19-2008, 03:55 AM
well i found a small bur in the top portion of the marker. the bolt pin was hitting the frame and bending it up some. polished it out. havent fired it yet try to tonight.

slim and shady
09-19-2008, 08:16 PM
let me know how it turns out

'01edgered
09-20-2008, 03:36 AM
seems good now. ran a pod through it last night, put the tank on and did not fire any shots. put the pod on and started squeezing, kicked it to full auto and let it rig. other than the velocity being a bit low due to non full tank it worked like a charm. im still thinking of upgrading to a eye gun this winter.

bigred76
09-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Wow... gofigre. It was probalby hitting the front of the sear slot. Good catch!

'01edgered
09-21-2008, 01:00 PM
im done with this thing. goin on ebay tomorrow minus the q loader

bigred76
09-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Didn't work, I take it? Damn... :(

slim and shady
09-21-2008, 04:45 PM
The new MR2 w/eye has no problems I love mine and compaired to my old one, outside of regular marker maintenece there is nothing you have to worry about.

'01edgered
09-22-2008, 03:42 AM
got one on order, should be here soon this week. might get that one and fix this one as a backup. order the replacement parts i need.

'01edgered
09-22-2008, 07:26 AM
so here is the plan. going to get the mr2 with eye this week and get it set up for a assault gun. 14" barrel and qloader. possibly a board later on. nothing special. red dot sight thats about it. the other one i think im going to replace all the internals i know are messed up. make it into a sniper only gun. long barrel and the whole thing. tube loader. like 20 rounds. make it quiet and accurate. thinking stiffy barrel kit. going to hpa for both. single tank. now for the little bit of speed ball, and the place i play has a speed-woods (cool coarse- 100yards long like 50 wide. in the woods with trees no undergrowth barrels and culvert pipe. ill use the eye gun and take the stock off.

slim and shady
09-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Sounds good, the only problem I forsee (Sp) is making the MR2 quite! it would cost you alot to calm down the noisy spyder a bit, but you will never really make it quite but I guess thats comparing it more to guns that are compleatly out of its leage (Higher end markers). Good luck with the projects at anyrate throw up pics as you go!

'01edgered
09-24-2008, 03:34 AM
well lets say quieter, but i have to say it is still not as noisy as my buddies tipman

slim and shady
09-24-2008, 08:13 PM
My MR2 gets alot of comments about how loud it is especialy if I use a barrel with little or no porting. puts heads down in a hurry! but good luck on the projects.

'01edgered
09-30-2008, 12:05 PM
this eye gun is sweet!!!! best thing ever. only had one break due to my stupidity. now just need to make the other one shoot and we should be good.

sneekypete
09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I have to agree. I really like mine. Glad you had a good day and I hope you have lots more:D

slim and shady
10-03-2008, 09:07 PM
its funny how the two markers are so similer yet preformence wise there miles appart.