PDA

View Full Version : Winter paint ball with E-MR1?

GR34
09-10-2008, 05:10 PM
So me and my some good friends that I paintball with we all threw some money into a pot and bough Some HPA tanks in bulk so we could play in the winter. Then after they got here I though HOW the hell Am I going to play with my EMR-1 if I only have an E trigger? Is there a way to water proof it or am I screwed

Kunithrayin
09-10-2008, 05:13 PM
You mean your going to be playing in snow right?

GR34
09-10-2008, 05:16 PM
You mean your going to be playing in snow right?

yea pritty much other wise id stick with co2

bigred76
09-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Well... you could wrap the grip frame with one of those bright yellow kitchen gloves.... :P

I'm trying to think of something that you could use to do it with, but the only thing I'm coming up with right now is caulking. Just a SMALL, little bead, right where the grips meet the frame. You could scrape it off with a scraper/putty knife, and it'd be not too messy if you were careful.

I'll try to come up with something else, but I doubt there's much you can do.

GR34
09-10-2008, 06:12 PM
If you guys can think or any thing that would be awesome, my only idea is coating it in surran wrap

slim and shady
09-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Somone sugested a condom once, thought that was a good Idea (it was for the MR2) but its flexible wouldnt bother the switches (like the micro switch on the MR2) you could still see the LED lights ect. through it. Worth a try hopw it helps.

BYUrdneck
09-10-2008, 09:32 PM
I would go along with the caulk idea - only get a small tube of silicone - the tubes used for touch-ups and small jobs - and like Bigred said, make a small bead of the stuff around the edge of the grip panels and you should be set. And if you want to be extra cautious, after doing that, get some electric tape and wrap it up.

malJohann
09-11-2008, 05:42 AM
Remove the grips and wrap black electrical tape around the entire frame from front to back. Cut out a square where the charge port, switch and LED is, then cut a piece off you roll of tape to cover it up when needed and peel away when you want to work the switch or charge it. Make holes in the tape for the grip screws to go back in and replace the grips.

Also apply some oil between where the grip frame and main body meet and then put the grip back on. This should seal well enough against water ingress from the top.