PDA

View Full Version : Am i missing anything?

russianpaintballer
09-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I have a 2007 Spyder Xtra Classic.
I have bought a:
:Warrior Paintball Spyder HOLE Clamping Feed Neck.

:16"in Night Stick Barrel.

:FASTA Paintball 18v LED Hopper Loader.

:PURE ENERGY 68ci 3000psi COMPRESSED AIR
PAINTBALL TANK.

:Kingman ACS Universal Bolt

:And a Kingman E-Trigger Frame.

Am i missing anything that an Xtra Classic would need?

vikingshadow
09-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Sounds pretty good for a start. Personally, I'd add a regulator and an on/off asa. And maybe an aftermarket board. Other than that, I think you've got a decent setup.

My first barrel I ever had was a Nightstick. 14" though. 16" is a bit long, but not bad, I guess.

TheDarkShadow
09-09-2008, 05:32 PM
sounds good

russianpaintballer
09-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Sounds pretty good for a start. Personally, I'd add a regulator and an on/off asa. And maybe an aftermarket board. Other than that, I think you've got a decent setup.

My first barrel I ever had was a Nightstick. 14" though. 16" is a bit long, but not bad, I guess.

hey, great idea about the regulator, totaly forgot about it. And you wanna tell me what a on/off asa does? dont know much about that. and a aftermarket board?

especiialypsycho
09-10-2008, 04:02 PM
hey, great idea about the regulator, totaly forgot about it. And you wanna tell me what a on/off asa does? dont know much about that. and a aftermarket board?

an on off asa lets you turn the air suppply from your tank on and off, it pure personal preferance because a regular ASA will work fine.

An aftermarket board will be another board to use in your e grip such as a virtrue tadao and APE boards which allow a great amount of control over how you e grip works

Hope this help!

russianpaintballer
09-10-2008, 04:13 PM
an on off asa lets you turn the air suppply from your tank on and off, it pure personal preferance because a regular ASA will work fine.

An aftermarket board will be another board to use in your e grip such as a virtrue tadao and APE boards which allow a great amount of control over how you e grip works

Hope this help!

Hey thanks.
I was trying to look up some Regulators and i really dont know wich one would fit my gun?
Can some one reply to this with a search site to a regulator for my gun.

vikingshadow
09-10-2008, 04:23 PM

Hope this help!

Actually, it may be personal preference, but it is MUCH better on your tank orings, and a heck of a lot easier to degas your gun with an on/off asa. It's ALWAYS in my top 5 recommended upgrades, usually right after a regulator, barrel, and a clamping feedneck.

Personal preference or not, they're a LOT better than the standard duckbill that comes with the old guns like your Xtra.

Hey thanks.
I was trying to look up some Regulators and i really dont know wich one would fit my gun?
Can some one reply to this with a search site to a regulator for my gun.

Most all will fit your gun except for the Hyper 3 - it's designed to fit the newer, smaller threading on the Dye and PM guns. It really depends on what air source you're using. If you use Co2, go with the Bob Long Torpedo, Palmers, or any other sort of reg like the Ergo - by the way, all of these will also work for HPA. All the rest are good for HPA.

Check out the Stores thread (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3841)for regulators - most all the online stores have them. If you have a local shop, be sure to check there as well first - support your local paintball scene!

especiialypsycho
09-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Actually, it may be personal preference, but it is MUCH better on your tank orings, and a heck of a lot easier to degas your gun with an on/off asa. It's ALWAYS in my top 5 recommended upgrades, usually right after a regulator, barrel, and a clamping feedneck.

Personal preference or not, they're a LOT better than the standard duckbill that comes with the old guns like your Xtra.

Looks like I learn something new everyday