PDA

View Full Version : MR3 chop

phong
09-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey guys I just got my first MR3 3 weeks ago and I'v been having some frustrating times. First off my MR3 doesnt have eyes on full auto( not sure if any do) but it seems like everytime i use full auto it either jams or chops the ball. I have a VL evo 3 hopper and a J&J 16" ceramc barrel and have tried using big ball, premium and a few other types of paint but still it always ends in a jam or chop. What I was thinking is changing my board to the MR2 w eyes board, because a friend of mine has it and it looks almost exactly the same but it has the eyes on full auto and he hasnt had any problems with his yet and hes been using his for 6 month now, or would I be better to go with a virtue board? any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

sneekypete
09-08-2008, 10:56 PM
If you are going to bye a board I would get the Virtue. I think it is only $20 more and you get way more stuff. You do have to drill a whole in the back for the charge port however

It kind of sound like your hopper is not keeping up. That is just my guess. Also I know that the MR2 has very bad blow back so I assume that the MR3 does as well. You need a 2 o-ring bolt to help with that. Hope that helps

lopezm78
09-09-2008, 07:44 AM
i agree with pete on this, i have the fasta 18v loader and a 2 o-ring bolt and have yet to chop a ball. even with field paint. with or with out eyes. sounds to me like the loader is not keeping up with the marker. i would have to say just get a faster hopper and the AC 2 o-ring bolt and you will be fine. if you want to change bourd virtue or t-board make a good one, but i dont like or want ramping and how often do you really need auto.....i can walk the trigger with eyes faster then it fires in auto anyway.

hoodtrix
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM
I have the mr3 and have yewt to chop paint, now i do have to recock often because my lil extream rage hopper cant keep up. I barly use full auto because it doesnt use eyes more of a burst type. I will be getting the mr2 board because it has 3rd burst and full auto with eyes. Other boards do more but who needs ramping?

lopezm78
09-09-2008, 11:17 AM
I DO I DO I need ramping......lmao i dont like that mode at all. i will stick to the semi w/eyes and 3rd burst and ocasionaly full auto. who needs more?

bigred76
09-09-2008, 11:26 AM
*pokes in* ... Who needs more than semi? ;)

phong
09-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Ok guys I'm going to see if I can barrow a hopper or two to try it out and see what happens but worse case is that i'll have to upgrade the board. Thanks for all the advice.

phong
09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
one more question lol does the virtue board have the full auto eyes on setting or how does it work with the eyes that come with the board?

bigred76
09-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Hopper should not be a problem, switch it over to semi and just rip on it. Should be fine in that proper mode. ;)

sneekypete
09-09-2008, 04:52 PM
The virtue board has eyes in all 7 firing modes. You do have to change the eyes out for the ones that come with the board.

phong
09-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Yea I tried out a friends Vl eye force hopper and still had the problem. So looks like a new board it is, thanks for all the help guys.

bigred76
09-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I'll say it again... put the marker in semi-auto, and leave it be. The eyes work fine there and you do NOT need more than it... Why spend $80 on a board for that worthless excuse?

phong
09-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Whats the fun in leaving things alone? If I'm gonna be changing a bunch of **** on this gun I might as well change the board.

bigred76
09-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Well that's a great idea... wasting a day of play on something you don't need nor really can use... :rolleyes:

phong
09-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Yup i'm wasting time all right, working 12 hours each weekday and I am putting the board in tonight :p

bigred76
09-10-2008, 03:06 PM
LOL.... You still don't get it, so I'll say it outright: You cannot use a mode like Full Auto in a game, so you're wasting both your hard earned money and time to put in a board other than stock. The only upgrade boards I have in ANY of my markers are those that other people installed and wasted their money on.

To top it off, you picked the asshats of the paintball board businesses: Virtue. They have yet to return a board to me that I sent in for repair, and have been dealing with for a long time now. They can go **** themselves, and you are a fool for buying into their supposed "bullet proof" warranty.

phong
09-10-2008, 05:17 PM
lol ok bigred as much as I apperciate your advice I'm just gonna have to find out for myself, thanks for the help though.

slim and shady
09-10-2008, 07:09 PM
LOL.... You still don't get it, so I'll say it outright: You cannot use a mode like Full Auto in a game, so you're wasting both your hard earned money and time to put in a board other than stock. The only upgrade boards I have in ANY of my markers are those that other people installed and wasted their money on.

To top it off, you picked the asshats of the paintball board businesses: Virtue. They have yet to return a board to me that I sent in for repair, and have been dealing with for a long time now. They can go **** themselves, and you are a fool for buying into their supposed "bullet proof" warranty.

aaaawwww he's back, keep this up and I might have to love you with the passion of 5 burning suns :dodgy:

bigred76
09-10-2008, 10:07 PM
LOL! I'm going away now... *clutches buttocks tightly as he moves away* :D

OK, Phong, so long as you completely understand your reasoning for getting a board, enjoy...