PDA

View Full Version : BallerX Botches Something Again!!

BallerX
03-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Howdy all. Ion related question this time.

I stopped by my local shop tonight, just to pick up a fill and some paint. Well, hey - thats the new SmartParts QEV!! So I buy it. Get home, use the QEV Install video right chere: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1056581&page=1&pp=21

All goes well. Or so it would seem.... Anyway, get everything back together, and now the Ion will fire in Vision mode without any paint. I adjusted the dwell down to 15, still shooting in Vision Mode, no paint. Take the Ion apart again, notice the connection for the eye harness to the eye board is a bit loosse, but on there. That's the only potential problem I see.

Any guesses?

As always - help is greatly appreciated.

chubb0rz
03-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Yea i would check the connection to the vision board before anything else. Chances it just wasnt seated all the way.

While your there also check for any pinches in the eye connector wire.

big_daddy_d
03-03-2006, 05:52 PM
The adapter for where the harness for the eyes plugs in is probably loose, had the same problem with mine before it fell off, have to buy a new eye board locally, since I don't feel like trying to resolder it back on there...

BallerX
03-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Alrighty. So prevailing theory is just do whatever it takes to make the connector snug?

I doubt it - but any chance I somehow screwed up the harness itself? I don't see what I would have done, but who knows.

Muddytaco
03-03-2006, 06:10 PM
I am gald you found my video helpfull:D

Anyway, if you think its the eyes try taking everything back apart. With the eyes and board out of the gun, plug the eyes into the board and turn the board on. run your finger through the eyes to see if it is picking up movement, if it not see if a connection is loose and try and tighten it up as best you can. If that doesn't work try and see if it the connector on the wires that is loose or if its the plug on the eye board that is not catching the connector. Punisherspb has the replacement eye cable, if its the eye board itself i would replace them with lazer eyes b/c sence they glow when there turned on it is very easy to tell if the eyes are getting power or not.

hope that all made sence.

Also if you are running the stock bolt, 15 clicks of dwell seems just a tad bit high. When i was running the stock bolt i had my dwell at 8 clicks.

BallerX
03-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Well, i haven't actually tested anything yet, so I was planning on dropping the dwell down. I'll try the eye's out thing though. Thanks for letting me punishers carries the replacement stuff. I was starting to wonder where I would find any of that.

Oh yeah - and the video was a great help. I've had the Ion apart before, I was more using it as a guide to make sure I didn't screw anything up. But it was quite helpfuly. Props.

leed
03-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Just for future reference, Eye problems will never be related with dwell. If the beam doesn't break (or if the circuit doesn't break) than nothing should be shot. So it's all electrical. Dwell would be pneumatic, so it won't effect the eyes.

Muddytaco
03-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Just for future reference, Eye problems will never be related with dwell. If the beam doesn't break (or if the circuit doesn't break) than nothing should be shot. So it's all electrical. Dwell would be pneumatic, so it won't effect the eyes.

When i said something about the dwell i was just saying that as a side note, wasn't refering to the eye problem.

leed
03-03-2006, 09:10 PM
When i said something about the dwell i was just saying that as a side note, wasn't refering to the eye problem.

Oh no, I know. I was just saying that to BallerX, as he said he was adjusting it to see if it would help out the problem.

BallerX
03-04-2006, 05:26 AM
Oh, I understand that. I listed changing the dwell settings because I wanted you guys to know all the steps I've gone through thus far. Dwell may not be related, but too much information is usually better than not enough. Wehn troubleshooting anyway.