PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome

shunut
09-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Has anybody downloaded it yet to try it out?

Thoughts or comments about it?

bamf-hacker
09-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Yes and would I use it as my primary browser, not yet. There are still to many bugs to work out. Drop downs, etc.

Drefish99
09-02-2008, 07:10 PM
I just downloaded it. Gimme a few days to try and break it. From the looks of it, not bad. I'm a fan of Google apps and their ability to make life easier. Hopefully this won't disappoint.

bigred76
09-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Time to download it for Linux and run it into the ground. :D

Download page:
www.google.com/chrome

Description/why:
http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/

EDIT: Guess I'll have to wait a bit for it to come out on Linux....
Google Chrome for Linux is in development and a team of engineers is working hard to bring it to you as soon as possible.

Team Ramrod
09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Dl'd it tonight. I'll install and give it a test tomorrow.

spyderpaintball
09-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Giving it a try right now and having really mixed opinions. I love FF and stuff like ABP, StumbleUpon, etc. At the same time however Chrome doesnt seem that bad.

Team Ramrod
09-03-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm liking it so far and can only seeing it get better. Google is always good at helping independent developers and the community add to its products, so I can see the add ons coming out in the future to be as good and if not better then Firefox. But, alas, that will take some time!

LostCause
09-03-2008, 01:19 PM
to many secruity issues....id wait till later on....but dont take my word...if you have important stuff atill use Mozzila....

Muddytaco
09-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Been using it all day and I am really impressed with it, it loads pages insanely fast.

I still like FF better in layout and all the add ons I have that make it perfectly setup for my needs but if I can setup chrome to about the same thing it will probably be my primary browser.

shunut
09-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I tried it out a little. There are some capatability issues with Chrome and vBulletin. Some of the functions on older versions of vBulletin do not work on Chrome. Since 90% of my surfing involves vBulletin, I'm going to stick with IE and FF.

spyderpaintball
09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
I used it all today. FF>Chrome>IE