PDA

View Full Version : body of marker stripped at the grips bolts

Griff
08-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Have a 24 hr game in one week, The body of my gun is stripped were the grip threads in. Looking for the best way to fix. Thanks.:confused:

slim and shady
08-31-2008, 03:22 PM
Tap and dye to the next size would probably be your best bet.

Hossy
08-31-2008, 04:50 PM
If you have to, you can tape it on. It isnt that great of an option, but if its your only one, it is your best.
you may need someone to help though. make sure it is tight if you have to do it

TheDarkShadow
09-01-2008, 06:15 AM
does it thread on at all? cause if it screws on a little, you could use washers between the grip frame and the screw

Griff
09-01-2008, 11:41 AM
It does a little but, it will work loose. I'm thinking I'll get some stainless female tube stock drill the hole just lage enuogh to get it to fit coat out side with red lock tight. Then place a small cross pin in a side drilled hole of the sleave I installed in the frame , to prevent it from coming loose.

Thinking this way I stay with stock size bolts, and stanless will never strip out. the cross pin will keep it from ever moving.

oldironmudder
09-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Heli-Coil. We've got 2 trucks running that would dang near drop the transmission on the road several times a trip. All 24 holes in the aluminum flywheel housing (12 on each truck) got coiled.

The trucks are both rated in the 1200+ ft-lbs area so Im pretty sure Heli-coils will hold a frame on.

Griff
09-02-2008, 06:48 PM
will do thanks:)

slim and shady
09-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Heli-Coil. We've got 2 trucks running that would dang near drop the transmission on the road several times a trip. All 24 holes in the aluminum flywheel housing (12 on each truck) got coiled.

The trucks are both rated in the 1200+ ft-lbs area so Im pretty sure Heli-coils will hold a frame on.

didnt think of that great idea

oldironmudder
09-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Best thing I can think of other than drilling & tapping for a bigger size. But since you gotta do that for Heli-coils also, might as well spend the extra minute to put a coil in & keep the factory screw.