PDA

View Full Version : spyder newb questions

M Patt 5
08-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone, I just recently bought a Spyder MR1 after checking around these message boards. I love it, but am yet to really play. i'm going to be going with my dad to play some woodsball for the first time at one of his buddy's from works place. Just have a few questions if anyone can help. first i was shooting in my backyard (before i had the cops called on me from parents of practicing peewee footballers:mad: (who i was not aiming at or near!) and the balls seemed to be going all over the place. I bought some cheap balls (stingers for 34.99) and thoguht it may have something to do with them. My dad was having the same trouble with his tippmann 98 custom (which shot more expensive balls perfectly). does anyone think it is the balls i need to upgrade, or is it something else i should upgrade? also, any other sweet upgrade i can do to it for relatively cheap (i am broke)

sneekypete
08-28-2008, 09:44 PM
1st welcome to the forums
Check to see if the balls are dimpled. That will cause the balls to go all over the place. I find that usually cheeper paint seems to be more dimpled that better quallity. You might want to look into getting a new barrel. IMO the stock one is not very acurate.
Hope that helps

Pat
08-28-2008, 10:08 PM
yeah its gota be the paintballs i used them before and they dont shoot good at a11. (got them for a quick game with friends and i was cheep that day) try a better brand paint and you should see a closer group. good paintballs have a slightly harder shell to them and most to all are round with no dimples. if you have dimples they go all over the place. and sorry for spelling its late for me. its 1:30 am lol

hope this helps

Pat

DRAGON
08-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Did you buy the paint and possibly markers from like Walmart or some large chain store? If so it's prolly been sitting in some hot warehouse for 6 months then the store aisle for another 6 months. Buy fresh paint from a local paintball store like Marbs or RPS Premiums and you won't have the inaccuracy probs -

Kunithrayin
08-29-2008, 08:16 AM
I've found that the walmart paint usually works fine as long as it's not old.

Zee
08-29-2008, 12:37 PM
A good indicator of age is the amount of dust on the case.

slim and shady
08-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Paint is more then likly your problem, get new fresh paint, in my opinion you dont have to get marbs or other high priced paints, I use draxxus rec sport its cheep enough and its good quality paint. I just dont think that walmart is the best place to buy paint like Dragon said, only God knows how old it really is.

XSiv Force
08-29-2008, 05:55 PM
not to get flam worthy but i have never had stingers ever go bad on me in any of my guns mr1, pirahnas, delta 68, tl-r, pilot, and i think police_brutality used them in his ion and they worked fine. if anything id have to say probably the gun was in a very hot wharehouse or something along those lines

bigred76
08-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Here's my input... the problem lies in the barrel and the balls. You buy cheap balls, they'll act like cheap balls. Getting a decent J&J Ceramic will help you a ton as well, and probably even make the cheap paint seem decent enough.

M Patt 5
08-30-2008, 10:34 PM
thanks for the help and the welcome, the stinger balls i bought are pretty much all dimpled, i bought them at a store called army navy known around here for paintballing. i tried a few that my dad just bought that weren't dimpled (dontknow what kind they were) but they shot much better. I'd consider buying a new barrell but right now i'm a little to broke to spend any money, hopefully in a few weeks i can save up to buy one. thanks again for your help everyone