PDA

View Full Version : Final Question!

Blue Spyder
08-27-2008, 06:11 PM
I want to thank everybody on the forums who helped me bring my VS2 into shape. This is my final question. I wanted to buy this (http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/86951/). Its is an oil that allows me to oil the o-rings on the bolt. The shipping was like $40 to ship a $5 dollar bottle of oil so I went to a local Hobby Shop and found this. The sales person said it was the same, I just want to confirm if any of you guys know that this stuff will work on the Delrin bolt on my Spyder VS2.

The first one is TL Certified Silicone Shock Fluid. Its weight is 25 and I have another one that is 50.

Here are some pictures:

This one is thin
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc352/Giostigma/Snapshot_20080827.jpg

This one is thin but a bit thicker
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc352/Giostigma/Snapshot_20080827_1.jpg

Hossy
08-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Did you try going to a paintball store?
Did you see the ingredients in the stuff you bought? may want to check out those.

Also, any regular paintball oil will work on the bolt/orings/ever other part in the gun.

Blue Spyder
08-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Did you try going to a paintball store?
Did you see the ingredients in the stuff you bought? may want to check out those.

Also, any regular paintball oil will work on the bolt/orings/ever other part in the gun.

I use Extreme Rage Oil. So I could oil my the o-rings on my bolt with this and also oil my regulator by putting some of inside the on/off valve. You sure I'm not gonna blow up? Isn't it bad when you mix compressed air with petroleum oil.

Yes, I checked my local paintball store.
The ingredients seem to be the same.

DFSniper
08-27-2008, 06:40 PM
IIRC, petroleum based oil (dow 55, i think) will cause your o-rings to swell, and you DONT want that on any movable part on your gun. but regular gun oil (paintball gun, remington rem oil, anything dow 33 based) won't damage your gun.

Hossy
08-27-2008, 06:41 PM
well if the Ingredients are the same then its the same thing obviously.
I dont know about this stuff, but you arent going to blow anything up unless you put a gallon of the stuff in it. Just a few drops is fine.

Blue Spyder
08-27-2008, 06:47 PM
So I can use the Extreme Rage Oil in the hole where the air enters (ASA). Just a few drops in and fire my gun 50 times. So that would work if I want to oil the regulator. Also just to confirm, So I CAN oil the o-ring on the bolt with my Extreme Rage Oil.

DFSniper
08-27-2008, 06:54 PM
yep. most delrin used now doesnt swell like the old stuff did when manufacturers first started experimenting with delrin bolts.

Hossy
08-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Paintball oil is made for paintball guns, so you should be able to.
you dont need to fire 50 times. Id just put a few drops in the sucker and dry fire enough. If that is 50 times for you, then it is fine. I dont see the need for 50 shots.

by putting lube in the ASA you are really lubing everywhere where the air passes through. So that is your Reg, im sure something may hit the valve, the striker and the bolt. And maybe your barrel, but dont worry about that.

Blue Spyder
08-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Ok thanks to the both of you. I heard somewhere that firing fifty times was a good amount. Anyways Im just going to use my Extreme Rage Oil instead of the stuff I showed you. More safer. So I'm gonna go oil my regulator, o-ring on the bolt right now. Thanks again for the help.

bigred76
08-27-2008, 08:08 PM
If I recall correctly... there isn't petroleum in DOW55. :tongue: That's Slick Honey, and it does NOT swell orings.

Any paintball oil > any non-paintball oil for guns.

STRIKEFIRST
08-28-2008, 07:41 AM
The blow up part you metnion is oil inside the HPA tank...the friction of the air escaping causing the oil to combust...so you never "oil" HPA tanks...

Please spyder family correct me if needed.

bigred76
08-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Eh, not so much. Lemme see if I can dig up the conversation Druid and I had going about it.

EDIT: Meh, can't dig up the AIM conversation, but what I can find was spelled out in this thread:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=16454

IMO... I don't give a **** if you oil the LP side of the tank's regulator. That's manufacture prescribed for many regulators. But for God's sake, don't you get that oil ANYWHERE NEAR that HP side of the regulator!!! (HP fill nipple, gauge, and HP UBD are the common ****ups)

In this thread, though, he's referring to a VS2 and thus I'm going to assume he's talking about it's bottomline regulator. ;)