PDA

View Full Version : any online music stores?

kramernator
08-25-2008, 01:39 PM
does anyone know of any good online music stores, i don't want itunes, cuz every song is in a format that only itunes can recognize, and it can't be converted (any help with that problem would be great) and napster doesn't support the ipod.
any suggestions are welcome

mr1 sniper
08-26-2008, 11:06 AM
with itunes, burn the song onto a cd, delete it, then import it back onto itunes, make sure its in aac encoding though (not protected aac) (edit>preferances>advanced>importing>aac, and i use 128 quality)
hope this helps

spyderpaintball
08-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Rhapsody

pbfreak3221
08-26-2008, 02:45 PM
There are plenty of programs that can make conversion to and from almost any format you could possibly want.

kramernator
08-26-2008, 05:02 PM
with itunes, burn the song onto a cd, delete it, then import it back onto itunes, make sure its in aac encoding though (not protected aac) (edit>preferances>advanced>importing>aac, and i use 128 quality)
hope this helps

for some reason itunes doesn't see the cd burner in the computer, i can burn with media player (sept for the protected ones) but not itunes.

i have looked for converters, but not many are able to convert from the protected format, the ones that can cost money,

but thanks for the suggestions

oh, and Rhapsody...thanks, ill look into it

oldironmudder
08-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Old school...... Compact Discs?

calebh
08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
that's what i do. lol until an online music store offers all of its music without any copyright protection in mp3, without any major software installation, i'll be buying CDs. i'm expecting to wait a while.

if you can manage to get the burner to work, i'd copy the music back in mp3, since you can do anything with mp3. i also suggest a higher bitrate if you like high quality sound.

DFSniper
08-26-2008, 08:08 PM
walmart.... 88 cents a song.

kramernator
08-27-2008, 09:39 AM
i was hoping for something where i could buy unlimited songs for a monthly fee, that way i could redownload all of my songs and they would all be consistent, as far as quality and volume.

i think Rhapsody will work