PDA

View Full Version : Virtue or Tadao?

Blue Spyder
08-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Which. I have a VS2 and don't really care abut price. Also, if possible please post a link on how to install either into a VS2. Thanks

Blue Spyder
08-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Also are there any lighter bolts for the VS2 that I can get?

Muddytaco
08-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Get tadao, I have had 5 virtue boards in 5 different guns and 4 broke/stopped working.

To install just unplug the wires, unscrew board, screw in new board, plug wires back in.

vikingshadow
08-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Haha, I've had the same Virtue board for nearly 4 years and no problems whatsoever! I'd say go with Virtue, but it's probably just stirring up the "Tadao vs Virtue" debate. With the Virtue, you just unplug the wires, unscrew the board, screw in the new board and plug the wires back in. Wait, isn't that the same?

An aftermarket board is an aftermarket board. They all do pretty nearly what all of them do, with tiny exceptions. So, when it boils down to it price and customer service is probably the deciding factor between them. Of course, everyone has their own ideas of customer service also (I think they both have great customer service.)

If you're looking for an aftermarket board, go with whatever you have available and can afford.

Blue Spyder
08-23-2008, 01:41 PM
The only problem I have is that the virtue board blocks the way so I can't charge it. But I am thinking more towards the virtue board still. Im probally getting the ones with the "laser eyes". Are those easy to install?

florios
08-23-2008, 01:53 PM
virtue in the hopper tadao in the gun, that works best for me

vikingshadow
08-23-2008, 02:48 PM
What do you mean "blocks the way so you can't charge it?" I'm not understanding your terminology. Are you talking about a rechargeable battery? With the Virtue, you shouldn't need a rechargeable battery. It's battery use is pretty minimal.

Blue Spyder
08-23-2008, 03:10 PM
What do you mean "blocks the way so you can't charge it?" I'm not understanding your terminology. Are you talking about a rechargeable battery? With the Virtue, you shouldn't need a rechargeable battery. It's battery use is pretty minimal.

Sorry for speaking so poorly. I heard that where you put the cord to charge the gun in, is blocked by the Virtue Board so you need to open up your grips to charge to gun.

DRAGON
08-23-2008, 09:23 PM
The charging port doesn't exactly match up with the one on the trigger frame of the VS2 but if you push up on the board when tightening the board screws down, it will work. Mine did anyways. Never had a prob recharging the Verchoo -

Vik, I'm thinking you don't have experience with Spyder Virtues but do with Shockers. Battery consumption are different with both markers since Spyder's are sear trippers and Shockers aren't. That may be why you had no probs with a regular 9v. For Spyder's it's better to have the recharge option and not use a regular 9v. Spyder's depleat batteries even if you're not using them -

If I had a choice, I'd go Tadao and forget about the fancy eyes. There's no advantage at all with lasers. With a Tadao you won't even need to remove the trigger frame. Just pull the board plugs, take out the old and put in the new -

vikingshadow
08-24-2008, 05:09 AM
Sorry for speaking so poorly. I heard that where you put the cord to charge the gun in, is blocked by the Virtue Board so you need to open up your grips to charge to gun.

Ah, I see!

Vik, I'm thinking you don't have experience with Spyder Virtues but do with Shockers. Battery consumption are different with both markers since Spyder's are sear trippers and Shockers aren't. That may be why you had no probs with a regular 9v. For Spyder's it's better to have the recharge option and not use a regular 9v. Spyder's depleat batteries even if you're not using them -

Could be. They didn't even have aftermarket boards for Spyders when I was using mine! That makes sense though, because I remember using Ultras in my ESP frame and it drained fairly quickly...