PDA

View Full Version : Free Time With Photoshop...

DirtySouth
08-23-2008, 06:50 AM
Well...Some of you may know, some of you may not, but I am a graphics designer. I'm currently working for TechPB making logos, laser designs, banners, t-shirt designs, sticker designs, etc.

Well, I had some spare time this morning and I decided to mess around with Photoshop. This image is centered around my girlfriend. Lemme know whatcha think. ;)

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/9425/karlaup9.jpg

Please rate on a scale of 0-10. :D

sd846
08-23-2008, 07:31 AM
10++ wow that looks great

TheRedBarron
08-23-2008, 07:46 AM

the tones are distracting, the font is slightly hard to read, in your paint blotch on the left hand side the straight brush stroke is out of place, and the lines no matter how opaque going over the photo are distracting from her face, I would likely use the filters to keep the color you are looking for, but I would clean up the lines going over the photo, cleaning up the whole design some and keeping the same color tone you want here. Cool though.

DirtySouth
08-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Yea. I had thought about erasing those lines around her with a grunge brush as the eraser..Got lazy though. :D

Hossy
08-23-2008, 09:03 AM

the tones are distracting, the font is slightly hard to read, in your paint blotch on the left hand side the straight brush stroke is out of place, and the lines no matter how opaque going over the photo are distracting from her face, I would likely use the filters to keep the color you are looking for, but I would clean up the lines going over the photo, cleaning up the whole design some and keeping the same color tone you want here. Cool though.

I agree with him, plus if your trying to show your girlfriend, why dont you show her face/whatever else so people can see it well enough? the stuff underneath her face looks rediculous, imo. I dont know what it is.

SpyderMan723
08-23-2008, 09:06 AM
:)

karla is bangin LMAO

DFSniper
08-23-2008, 09:21 AM
8. font/text is distracting.

vikingshadow
08-23-2008, 10:08 AM
I guess I'm more critical because I was going to say at most a 5, and that was being kind of generous.

This goes against my normal persona when it comes to artwork (I usually just don't say anything), but I have an art degree and in lots of art classes we had to sit through critique - just know that it's not meant to be mean :).

The orange and red is overwhelming, the picture is hard to see as there is too much going on in the whole thing, the font is hard to read (I didn't even realize it was a name until spyderman723 mentioned it above), and the angled lines of the photoshop contrasting with the lines of the shirt going the other way - it's quite distracting. Add to it the dripping paint (or is it blood?) and it's not something that I'd want done.

However, I give props for your work as you obviously adore your girl and you did this for her.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-23-2008, 02:33 PM

Talk bout ripping apart...

yeah i thought those were bullet shots and that the artwork was bleeding... if its for your girl i suggest to not put bullet holes in it, as it seems your triyin to shoot her

TheRedBarron
08-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Talk bout ripping apart...

yeah i thought those were bullet shots and that the artwork was bleeding... if its for your girl i suggest to not put bullet holes in it, as it seems your triyin to shoot her

He asked for critique... I am not going to lie to him. Tell it like it is, its the only way he is going to know what is wrong with it.

DirtySouth
08-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Bullet shots? That actually made me "lol". If I wanted to make bullet shots, I would've used pre-made vectors. :D Maybe next time. :)

BostonLeprachan
09-27-2008, 04:26 PM
10 that was nice