PDA

View Full Version : Question about my Spyder

cr1mson
03-03-2006, 09:24 AM
I had a problem today. I think it was the striker oring. I replaced it with a valve oring. I thought they were the same size. Anyway, it stopped shooting. I then replaced it with a striker oring from a Diablo gun. It worked OK, but it lost a lot of velocity. I oiled the ring good to. I have ordered a kit with all of the orings in it. I hope this will fix things. Anyone have any thoughts?

shunut
03-03-2006, 09:47 AM
If you cleaned everything out I'm not sure why you are losing velocity. Did you oil the bolt orings too?

BallerX
03-03-2006, 10:46 AM
I had a problem today. I think it was the striker oring.

What was the original problem that led you to replace the striker o-ring?

cr1mson
03-03-2006, 11:28 AM
The oring looked like it was stretched. Maybe it was ok. The marker was shooting fine before. I did oil all the new rings though. I think it was the wrong oring that I put on though.

Skidds
03-05-2006, 06:21 AM
I had a problem today. I think it was the striker oring. I replaced it with a valve oring. I thought they were the same size. Anyway, it stopped shooting. I then replaced it with a striker oring from a Diablo gun. It worked OK, but it lost a lot of velocity. I oiled the ring good to. I have ordered a kit with all of the orings in it. I hope this will fix things. Anyone have any thoughts?
The valve O-ring is too small, but the Diablo uses the same size O-ring...as long as you clean and oil the O-rings you should be fine. Just re-chrono the marker.