PDA

View Full Version : qlaoder and 16" areotwist paint


'01edgered
08-20-2008, 12:12 PM
what paint you guys with the qloader using. mine will be here this week and i dont want to play broken paint cleaning duty because of crap paint. i know it takes some time to set the loader up but bad paint will make it worse i know. i also have a mr2 areotwist barrel, so a good paint for both would be great. the ones I have now are to small

sneekypete
08-20-2008, 08:49 PM
What is the bore size of the barrel. I have used Draxxus Gold and Marbalizer and have had no problems. I think that they are both on the smaller size so it might not be good for the Areotwist.

KingTutBaller
08-22-2008, 08:49 PM
The only balls I've had problems with in my qloader were Visible Impacts, I had to get some up from Walmart really quick for a pickup game, and they just didn't work for me. Could have been that they were old, and/or mishandled (should you buy paintballs from the same place you can buy perfume or diapers?? ;) ) Anyway, I wouldn't suggest anything that is very brittle. As for your barrel, you'll have to test out different paints to see which is best for your bore size. Keep in mind, with paintballs, you almost always get what you pay for, so in the end it's worth it to shell out a little more for top quality paint, than to 'save' 10 bucks for cheaper paint, and have it ruin your day. I prefer DXS bronze for my woodsball games.

p.s. - If you're concerned about breaking paint during your time spent 'setting up' your qloader, try using some of those nasty Zaps, the lowest grade you can find, I think it's called 'recreational'. I don't think you could break one of those if you tried.

'01edgered
08-23-2008, 03:32 AM
well i got the loader yesterday and did a quick set up until my mounting kit arrives. only broke one ball on the set up, but im not done yet it still wont unwind consistently. going to add a couple of winds and try it again.

sneekypete
08-23-2008, 08:58 PM
I love the Q-loader but it does take a little tweeking to get it set up but once you have it I think it is awsome. Hope you like it.

KingTutBaller
08-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Have you upgraded from the stock detents?
This will save alot of pain. I tried to get my Qloader to work without them, because I could not find any Intimidator detents in this area, and the loader simply -would not- work properly. I was busting balls and double/triple feeding like crazy, everything bad you could think of. Finally, KingJester was very kind to send me a few, and since then, I've not had a single problem with the Qloader at all.
Definately worth picking up a few if you havn't considered it already.

sneekypete
08-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I am running the stock detents and dont really have a problem. I will say that I can not go direct feed as it is as you said(Kingtutballer) it was all kinds of bad. I also can not run more than 20bps then I start chopping but I shoot 90% off the time in semi and the other 10% in Auto-response. I really think that if you can't get Timmy's like me and want to run the Q-loader then you need to run hose. I use 16 ball length and that works for my set up.

'01edgered
08-24-2008, 02:54 PM
well the loader works good. each pod is different so i took each on and off a few times to get the prewinds so that only 1 if any balls stay in the pod. i also used never seize on the disconnect and the triangle drive there, yes its messy put seems to work good, even better is the pods fit in my pack. haha. see what happens when the mounting kit gets here. and yes i got some detents off ebay. they are a off brand but i put the hardest one in and it seems to work good

'01edgered
08-26-2008, 03:22 AM
got my sp8 mounting kit yesterday and mounted it on the side of the gun, sweet

sonik
08-28-2008, 05:15 PM
so let us see it! :-) post a pic...

got my sp8 mounting kit yesterday and mounted it on the side of the gun, sweet

'01edgered
09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
so i was not happy with the sp8 kit. actually got looking at it and made my own that seems to work. a 3/4" cpvc 45 elbow fits over the factory feed neck and very snug into the qloader socket. put some slices into the one side of the elbow and used a hose clamp to keep it tight. no hose a lot less prewinds. need to get some more c02 and will test it more