PDA

View Full Version : REcommended cleats

especiialypsycho
08-18-2008, 03:16 PM
seeing as im moving from milsim to speedball its time to turn in the old boots and get some cleats. heres the problem: IVE NEVER OWNED A PAIR OF CLEATS, AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR.

ANy suggestions and tips would be appreciated

irishwarrior
08-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Well, what do you want to do with them? Support the ankle, emphasize freedom of movement, etc...? If you want to provide a lot of support, find a pair of high-ankle football cleats. If you want max speed/freedom of movement get soccer cleats, though you would be more likely to roll an ankle or something.

especiialypsycho
08-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Well i need something that hass support, but still allows movement.

LostCause
08-18-2008, 03:53 PM
underarmor football cleats (though by metal spikes for them)...though i love using soccer cleats (HECK OF A LOT LIGHTER, and cheaper :D)

go to ****s, and try them out for your self, dontever by shoes off someones recomendation (just like everything else in life)

especiialypsycho
08-18-2008, 04:09 PM
yeah ive tried a bunch on and i think i might be getting some football cleats with interchangeable spike that can be metal or the not metal cause some of the fields i play at dont allow metal

irishwarrior
08-18-2008, 04:13 PM
I have a pair of Under Armour low-rise cleats and they fit my feet well, but like LostCause said try all sorts of brands and types to see what feels best.

LostCause
08-18-2008, 04:15 PM
yeah ive tried a bunch on and i think i might be getting some football cleats with interchangeable spike that can be metal or the not metal cause some of the fields i play at dont allow metal

just take out the plastic crap ones whenever you can, cause once they wear down they are a pain

Master Tech
08-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Nike Sharks mid-cut for some ankle support with good traction in any direction on turf or dirt. Don't get metal spiked cleats because the fields won't allow you on if they have turfed fields.

SupaSnipa
08-18-2008, 04:44 PM
I have the Under Armor Demolition D low cut cleats for football but I havent used them for paintball yet however I like the low cuts because I feel I can run/move faster because the ankles have more movement. I play front left tape and mid so I do alot of running when I play. I have used my hurdle cleats from track that are angled because they are LIGHT and feel good while running. With sprinter spikes you will need to buy the rubber soft ones

vikingshadow
08-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Meh. I just wear my Adidas baseball cleats (that I wear for softball, haha!) Cheap - they were on sale at Sports Authority for like 15.00. They're comfy...

You don't do a lot of running in paintball - just short bursts, or maybe that one longish run at the beginning - so there's no real need to worry about support and ankle garbage, unless you have really weak ankles. Most of the time is spend standing, ducking, stepping from side to side and maybe a short burst of 5 or 6 steps.

Point is, don't put much thought in it. Get a pair that feel comfy and let you grip some ground.

LostCause
08-18-2008, 06:25 PM
You use your sprinter spikes! ack!!!! my coach would kill me. i <3 my custom drawn brooks (BY ME!...got high from sharpie....that sucked though)

and if your on turf why bother with cleats, get some indoor soccer shoes lol. and if you just yous the plastic crap spikes for the cleats, buy a two extra packs just in case.

Muddytaco
08-18-2008, 06:27 PM
I have found that soccer cleats work the best.

1. The spikes are much farther apart, they will not get clogged up with paint shells and mud like baseball/football patterns

2. There really light

3. There comfy

4. Metal spikes are useless in speedball, no field would be stupid enough to let kids on a inflatable field with metal spikes in.

Got some made by nike for like $60 and there probably the best cleats I have ever had. I played baseball year round for 10 years, I have been through my share of cleats, everybody spike layout you can think of and soccer def. wins for short distance running in grass.

chnk
08-18-2008, 07:11 PM
soccer ftw,

lighter cleats, quicker foot movement

VicReschke0626
08-18-2008, 07:23 PM
I use JT Tourney Boots I got at the Chicago Open for dirt cheap on the last day. Lots of ankle support, it would seem like too much when you put them on at first, but the whole shoe flexs A LOT, and I never feel slowed down on the field.

Lots of grip though, as soon as I got them I found myself getting a lot better step off the break, usually resulting in even a big guy like me making it a little further up or out.

mr1 sniper
08-18-2008, 08:54 PM
ya, get soccer cleats, they are more comfortable, lighter, and you can always get decent quality ones for cheap if you know what your looking for, usually i go for nike but try on different brands and see what fits you best

SpyderMan723
08-18-2008, 10:20 PM
holy poop its chnk!

but I use rbk baseball hightop-ish cleats. pretty good cleat, nice a comfy, has pretty good support, and grips well. And you can use them for baseball :P

spyderpaintball
08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Soccer or Track Cleats. Pretty much for the above reasons. I use soccer personally because I play both sports but I have heard from quite a few pro/semi-pro players that track shoes are the best.

irishwarrior
08-19-2008, 05:18 AM
I have Puma soccer cleats and they are the best I've ever worn! It molds right to your foot and is very light. Kangaroo leather FTW!

LostCause
08-19-2008, 08:24 AM
Soccer or Track Cleats. Pretty much for the above reasons. I use soccer personally because I play both sports but I have heard from quite a few pro/semi-pro players that track shoes are the best.

dont use sprinter spikes...get a mid distance or distance ones if your buying track ones sprinters youll be on your balls (feet....) the enire time, distance mid distance gives you that still, but also gives you a flatter surface to actualy have some comfort...