PDA

View Full Version : PC case (do i even have to say 56k death?)


DFSniper
08-17-2008, 06:01 PM
i didnt like how my blue case clashed with the green light from the power supply and neon light i bought.

everything black (minus the frame) was originally blue
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/SANY0008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/SANY0015.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/SANY0021.jpg
PSU only, no neon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/SANY0024.jpg
all lights
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/SANY0027-1.jpg
dvd drive finally went out, shouldve ordered an SATA one yesterday...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/SANY0029.jpg

i call it Project Blackout. after i get my new parts in (PC powers up, but that's about it) i'm getting 3 green fans and another green neon tube for the top. i'll probably end up putting lexan windows in the top and bottom too.

Sandman_Bravo
08-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Looks awesome!
Where do you shop for your computer stuff?

DFSniper
08-17-2008, 06:42 PM
i get 99% of my stuff from newegg, and the other 1% from tigerdirect. small stuff like lights and grilles i usually get from the local PC shop. actually, everything on the PC minus the power supply, neon, and viper grille came from newegg. i bought the case, motherboard, 512mb RAM, DVD drive, and graphics card off my best friend after he realized i used his second computer more than he did (all his parts came from newegg). then i bought the hard drive and CPU from newegg to get the computer running again. when my old power supply blew, i got this one from tigerdirect for $40 (apparently it was a closeout sale because they hardly sell them anywhere anymore, and the PSU retails for $120!) all my new stuff thats on the way i ordered from newegg, and its surprisingly cheap. for almost $500 worth of parts, 3 day shipping was only $13!

DisIsMyUsername
08-17-2008, 09:08 PM
have you heard of xoxide?

DFSniper
08-18-2008, 03:30 AM
had to google it. i've heard it before, but never been to the site.

DirtySouth
08-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Aggg....You should get water cooling. Like me. ;)

DisIsMyUsername
08-18-2008, 09:20 AM
water cooling is so full of win.

Im thinkin of doing it in the future. I need desk space tho. lol

Muddytaco
08-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Aggg....You should get water cooling. Like me. ;)

That would be a waste on that system since it won't put out enough heat to really require much more then a couple of fans.

SupaSnipa
08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Tigerdirect.cm is a sweet place to buy fr

PC looks awesome to say the least, Ill get a pic of mine up if I get around to it, it looks kind of similar on the side

DFSniper
08-18-2008, 04:04 PM
dave is right. once i get my dual core w/ 45nm tech and OCZ Reaper ram w/ heat sinks in there, my 8800 will be putting out the most heat, and that will get sucked out by my side fan. parts should be here thursday, and i can't wait. this thing is going to be a BEAST!

TheDarkShadow
08-18-2008, 04:23 PM
cool