PDA

View Full Version : Paintball/Barrel Combinations

mrmattborja
08-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I'd like good combo suggestions but more particularly, what paint I should use for a 14" whisper or 14" smart parts progressive?

DFSniper
08-15-2008, 03:50 PM
the whisper uses med-large paint (slightly smaller than the stock barrel), so don't get anything Nelson/Origin because its really small bore. unfortunately thats all my field has :(

mrmattborja
08-16-2008, 04:42 PM
I just bought a box of 2000 ct. Visible Impacts at WalMart for about $40. It's going to have to suffice for entry level seeing it'll be loaded in a few hoppers, up to three others beside myself. Fortunately there are some guys that will be available and want to play so we should have fun with them.

I'm thinking I'm going to like the more tactical play, however. Not so great when you've got a red Spyder Sonix shipping in from Montana (taking forever when you wanna play right away!), though.

oldironmudder
08-16-2008, 04:54 PM
I seem the havce good luck with the Visable Impact paint from walmart in my wife's stock Pilot barrel, my Stainless Lapco Bigshot & OTP barrel on my EM1.

mrmattborja
08-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Any suggestions on a good feed neck? I've got an '07 Spyder Sonix (which reminds me, are there really that many differences/advantages of having an '08 over an '07 Sonix?) that I'm sure will exhaust its plastic one fairly soon.

Hossy
08-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Any suggestions on a good feed neck? I've got an '07 Spyder Sonix (which reminds me, are there really that many differences/advantages of having an '08 over an '07 Sonix?) that I'm sure will exhaust its plastic one fairly soon.

Id actually say the older ('05 i think?) sonix is the best sonix out there.
I dont know of any feedneck, but what would help us is, does your feedneck have 'ears' (tab-like things on the side of it) or where a screw could go down the sides into the feedneck?

mrmattborja
08-27-2008, 02:07 PM
How about these for upgrades?

Warrior Paintball Spyder HOLE Clamping Feed Neck Red
J&J Ceramic 14" (not sure if I should go 16" though?)

And yes, my current feed neck is the clear plastic with two screws (ears)