PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Trigger Frame

THATGUY73
08-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Here's the deal: I find myself able to pick up a decent condition Kingman "New Hammer" for only about $38 bucks. The catch, the trigger frame needs to be replaced. Does anyone know of any trigger frames that I could drop in to replace it?

The Pumper
08-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Itll be hard to find one.
Whats wrong with the current one?

THATGUY73
08-14-2008, 06:27 PM
The major problem is that it's cracked where it connects tot he screws, and I believe there's one in the grip itself.

The Pumper
08-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Hmm. Dont buy it. Its hard enough finding them.

THATGUY73
08-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Ah...well, that kind of sucks...thought it might be a good deal for a first pump....any other suggestions? (Trying desperately to get into pump without braking the bank)

DFSniper
08-15-2008, 02:26 AM
i love my hammer, but its a PITA to find parts for it. mine's missing the safety, and since its a little bigger than a mech safety, im screwed right now...

Griff
10-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Its a pump, just fire the round out of the marker before walking off the field and don't pump it till your walking back on to the field.

DFSniper
10-16-2008, 07:29 PM
thats not the point. some won't let you use it unless it HAS a safety...

Ace24
10-17-2008, 07:56 AM
If the frame was cracked, sounds like it has a composite frame. I was lucky enough to have a guy on my team that had a hammer that I could swap the frame out with.

If you look around, you could probably find a metal frame... but don't try putting a CCI Phantom or Buzzard frame on. It will not work.

If you want a cheap pump, I'd honestly go for an Autococker pump. You can find one for $80-120 for a low end and it will satisfy you plenty. The problems with Hammers, Traccers, Mavericks and the like, is the diagonal feed. This makes it so you have to have a plastic elbow and it puts the hopper out more from your body (if you're right handed. If you're left, you're all set) and makes a greater target to shoot at. It messed with me for a while.

If you're used to a speedball marker, get a Cocker. If you're looking for something dirt cheap just to mess around with, get a Hammer, Traccer, Maverick or another Nealson clone.