PDA

View Full Version : Official Mountain Bike Thread

TheRedBarron
08-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Well here it is folks, I know a lot of you are into biking now, I have been for some time. Shanna, Steph and I put on a lot of miles in the summer.

Talk about anything mountainbike, from freestyle, to downhill, to XC, to racing. Doesnt matter, talk gear, bikes, trails, trips, post photos, do whatever you wish as long as it is MTB related, and follows the board rules.

TheRedBarron
08-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I personally ride a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro Carbon 2007

# FSR FACT 9M carbon front triangle, Az1 construction, M5 rear triangle
# Specialized AFR Shock w/ Flow Control valve shock and Brain Fade adjustment
# Specialized Future Shock S120 Fork, 120mm, Trail Tune inertia valve and adjustable Brain Fade
# Magura Marta, hydraulic disc brakes
# SRAM X.0, 9-speed rear derailleur
# Shimano M-760 XT Hollowtech II, 2pc crank/BB
# DT Swiss XR 4.2D rims

I have some Kenda Krusher tires on it right now, ride mostly XC, a good bit of downhill but that is pretty much considered XC in Maine. If you want more stats on it just ask, I copied that stuff from their site, too lazy to try to remember what everything is on it.

Shanna Rides a Specialized Safire Expert

# All new M5 manipulated alloy frame with ORE TT/DT, Designs for Women geometry, sealed cartridge bearing pivots and 120mm travel
# Specialized AFR rear Shock with remote Trail Tune inertia valve, adj rebound and Brain Fade
# Fox F120 RLC forks with 120mm travel, rebound/compression adjust, lock out w/ threshold adjust and alloy steerer
# DT Swiss custom X420 rims, 24mm with eyelets, 28/32hole and DT Swiss Competition spokes
# Specialized Hi Lo disc front hub, 28hole, CNC flange and disc mount with sealed cartridge bearings and 9mm DT RWS alloy QR
# DT Swiss custom 370 rear hub with DT RWS QR and 32hole

Drefish99
08-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Oh cool. Just what I needed. I started biking again and need a new bike. You guys have any tips on picking a good one out? I am looking to spend no more than $350 - $400 but I want a good bike that I can ride on the road with an occasional off road.

Hob Hayward
08-14-2008, 06:44 PM
I have a trek 4200, not gonna bother listing off specs as its all stock, minus the pedals... It does the job.

I ride with clipless pedals/shoes.

Mostly ride trails near where I live, though downhill is tons of fun.

DFSniper
08-14-2008, 06:46 PM
those are some serious bikes... my dad and i had nice matching white and black mountain bikes a couple years ago, i forget the brand, but they got stolen and we hadn't even had them for a year. the bike i have now has a bent rear wheel because i jumped a few too many ledges a while back and one of the nuts on the rear axle loosened up. i haven't bothered getting it fixed because in germany downtown was in walking distance and here you have to drive to get anywhere.

TheRedBarron
08-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh cool. Just what I needed. I started biking again and need a new bike. You guys have any tips on picking a good one out? I am looking to spend no more than $350 - $400 but I want a good bike that I can ride on the road with an occasional off road.

Well make sure you pick the right size frame for your body, you can find sizing charts all over google or you can just click http://www.ehow.com/how_14104_determine-correct-frame.html because I am a nice guy. I would look into a hard tail since you will be on road most of the time, a soft tail will just cause you to work too hard. As far as brands go, Im not really sure what to suggest, I would see if you can find a 07 Specialized Hardrock, but if there are no hold overs left, Im not sure. Maybe someone else can suggest something.
I have a trek 4200, not gonna bother listing off specs as its all stock, minus the pedals... It does the job.

I ride with clipless pedals/shoes.

Mostly ride trails near where I live, though downhill is tons of fun.

The 4200 is a hardtail correct? how long have you been riding it?

Hoppy11
08-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Dre, Trek makes a very good bike for around that price. I think the 4200 is right around 400. I bought my 4500 for 600 so it should be around that price range.

Drefish99
08-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks Hoppy. Right now I am looking at the Specialized and Trek line of bikes. How do you disk brake users like those as oppose to the standard braking system? That might be a system I would splurge on initially if it is worth it. Right now most important on my list is a comfortable seat. I just went on a ride and my duff hurts!

TheRedBarron
08-14-2008, 08:16 PM
It is likely that you want a soft tail if your butt hurts after riding.

Disc brakes, I will never go back to Y brakes. I love my disc brakes, they are so reliable, I have my front set a little loose, my back set a little tight, gives me the control I want on the steeper downhills.

Muddytaco
08-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Dre I second the Specialized Hardrock with Disc, its around your price range, my local shop is selling them for $420
http://bikebarn.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=3340

I love my new rockhopper 29er and the hardrocks appeared to be the same build quality. They use the A1 frame which is what use to be on the rockhopper till they switched to the M4 frame(stumpjumpers old frame) in '08, easy to read part: Its strong. Once you use disc brakes you will never want to use v-brakes, ever. They just work better, plus it doesn't wear on your rim and the performance doesn't fade much at all if they get wet or dirty unlike the V's that pretty much become useless.

As for getting the right fitting frame you want to clear the stand over height by 1 1/2" to 2".....as in your "boys" are 1 1/2 to 2" above the down tube. I am 6 foot even and the 19" frame fit me perfect with the regular 26" wheels but my 29er is a 17" frame since the tires make the frame set higher.

The seat that came on my rockhopper is comfy, I have taken it on about 3-4 different 20 mile rides, both on and off road, and it didn't bother me at all the entire time. Which is funny b/c the seat on my old bike actually had more padding but it bothered me after awhile, must be something in the design.

TRB local guy has your same bike, I got to ride it and I loved it for off road use but FS didn't do it for me on the road, I will stick with my hardtail for now since i ride about 50/50.

TheRedBarron
08-14-2008, 10:12 PM
TRB local guy has your same bike, I got to ride it and I loved it for off road use but FS didn't do it for me on the road, I will stick with my hardtail for now since i ride about 50/50.

I only ride it off road :p I have a hardrock for on road stuff, I picked up a pair of Rockshox Revelation 426 locking forks for it, so I can still ride it XC if I need to/want to, but I just lock them out if I am on road.

ThePinkBarron
08-15-2008, 11:21 AM
I ride a 2007 Mongoose Teocali Elite
Medium/small frame
I am using a set of Fox 36 float RC2 forks, and Fox DHX 5.0 in the rear.

I need to pick up a new seat post I tweaked mine last weekend and it is driving me nuts.

I am using Matts Kenda Krusher tires, since he isn't around to ride his bike and my tubeless tires were burping.

I ride almost every weekend, still looking for a group of friends who can keep up :p.

TheRedBarron
08-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Steph when you get a chance stop by Pats Bike Shop and pick up a 2nd pair of those Krusher's for yourself, they will have some good seat posts there too, make sure you don't get anything that is too long, because of the way your rear shock is mounted.

Also post up some pics of your bike trip last weekend, help get this thread started some.

vikingshadow
08-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Hmmm, all this bike talk has got my interest up. Alas, money is tight right now...

I might have to sell off a paintball gun or two to get one of these. I'd definitely get more use out of it!

Taco - that seat looks pretty hard and one of the reviews says the shock doesn't work that well. Is that your experience with this bike?

Maxx-Damage
08-15-2008, 06:28 PM
04 Haro Escape-Fox Van 32 RLC and some other "nice" ups...
08 Giant Glory 0-stock mainly, but i have Easton Flatboy DH pedals, and lizardskin chainstay/grips for it. Pics if requested...

TPB-Pick up any Race Face seatpost and you will be happy with it. Right now i run the Diabolous seatpost on my hardtail, and the Evolve DH on my Fully.

Muddytaco
08-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Taco - that seat looks pretty hard and one of the reviews says the shock doesn't work that well. Is that your experience with this bike?

Seat is harder then the one I had on my old bike but it is more comfy, don't ask me how but it is. I thought the samething when I saw it but to me its really comfy.

I read a bunch of reviews on the shock while shopping and my take is the reviews are coming from people that are use to high end shocks like fox. Its like comparing a PMR to DM8, PMR works good but DM works better. It could also be that people don't bother adjusting it/know how to, the dart 3 has preload adjust, rebound adjust and a lock out for long on road riding. After a few rides with adjustments while riding I have mine setup pretty good. While it isn't the best on the market it works really good for what I ride right now....IE not doing insane drops and such, for normal trail riding, log hopping, and smaller drops (under 3ft) it works great, I am really pleased with the performance so far. Once it starts to go out or if I get into more extreme riding I will change it out for a fox but for now it works great for the price.

vikingshadow
08-16-2008, 05:46 AM
Ok, that makes a lot of sense. As you can see, I grew up with bikes that didn't have any of this stuff on them, and I'm a total newb at this. But, I'm wanting to learn and get into it.

Man, I wish we had a bike shop around here! You guys actually got me thinking about opening one up. Around here, with the price of gas the way it is, more and more people are riding. If I knew more about it, I probably would!

TheRedBarron
08-16-2008, 10:09 AM
TPB-Pick up any Race Face seatpost and you will be happy with it. Right now i run the Diabolous seatpost on my hardtail, and the Evolve DH on my Fully.

I don't need a seatpost, if I ever bent the seatpost on my specialized I would be worried. Steph needs one because even on the high end Mongoose bikes, they tend to skimp around the parts that "do not matter.

Most of the reason the smaller harder seats are more comfortable is because they supply the correct amount of support and they are shaped to spread your weight evenly over your buttocks, eliminating pressure points makes it much more comfortable.

Now as far as the front fork not working so well, the Dart 3 system is actually very good for a base model suspension, I much prefer it over either of the Dart1-2's I also prefer it over even the high end Mozo shocks. Just like anything vike, take the time to get to know a little about it, read the reviews but of course be skeptical about what you are reading. A lot of the reviews on base model bikes come from people who have ridden them, then moved on to bigger and better things, so they are giving reviews in comparison to their newer much more advanced bike.

A bike shop in an area that does not have one... you would likely make a mint, business would be slow at first until you started getting people hooked. A big selling point for bike shops around here is that they all allow you to test drive the bikes on dirt trails around the shop. This makes people feel better about purchasing a 3,000 bike. But like you said, with gas prices the way they are, and everyone being so weight conscious lately, they would not hesitate to dump a grand on a road bike, and stop driving their car to work.

ThePinkBarron
08-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I just went to the bike shop and picked up a Ritchey WCS seatpost, and some Kenda Tomac Small block 8 tires. I am going on a 25 mile ride tomorrow, I will take photos, and maybe save a GPS log of the trip, so you guys can see some of the awesome terrain we have up here.

TheRedBarron
08-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Nice, photobucket didnt do them justice though. Where are you going tommorow? call me sometime tonight.

Ace24
08-16-2008, 11:05 PM
I personally ride a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro Carbon 2007

I envy you. I was going to pick one up a while back... but then found I could build a softtail for cheaper. *sigh*

Is the 2007 version as light as the '05? I could pick that thing up with my pinky.

TheRedBarron
08-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Lighter, it has gotten progressively lighter since they started with the Carbon frames.

Maxx-Damage
08-17-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't need a seatpost, if I ever bent the seatpost on my specialized I would be worried. Steph needs one because even on the high end Mongoose bikes, they tend to skimp around the parts that "do not matter.
I typed TPB ;)

Im slightly curious as to how the new Mongooses ride. Almost got the EC-D, but opted not to...

TheRedBarron
08-17-2008, 11:53 AM
I typed TPB ;)

Im slightly curious as to how the new Mongooses ride. Almost got the EC-D, but opted not to...

I actually dont mind her Teocali, I mean she also has a set of forks on it that cost nearly as much as the bike. But even before she got the Fox Floats, its a very comfortable bike, a bit heavy compared to a lot of bikes in that price range, the frame is rugged, all around I would take it over a lot of peoples $1,300 soft tails, and with the fox floats, I would take it over a lot of bikes.

Im sure if you asked her for a full review she would give it to you. I havent ridden it enough to give a good review as the frame is too small for me.

LostCause
08-21-2008, 09:52 AM
hey guys i know its not a moutain bike, but i need help finding a good messenger (small/light i guess???) bike, since my college wont let m have my car (prolly for the better ;)) even though im not going till next fall, i just need to save money since i know they are expensive.

I do have my current bike, Diamondback outlook(few years old...though havent grown lol), which i do take on trails/reguler riding. though its a tid bit heavy, and lil big, and prolyl willbe a pain to put in my dorm room.

if its a stupid question, sorry...thanks in advance

TheRedBarron
08-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I would suggest something like a Trek Multitrack 7.5FX, locking up a bike like this is kind of an issue at some college campus's though people like to steal quick release parts off bikes so I would suggest getting a nice long cable lock to wrap through both tires, as well as a U lock to safely secure it to the bike rack. I am really not sure what kind of bike you are looking for, but as far as a crossover bike goes the Trek Multitracks are pretty nice.

bamf-hacker
08-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Specs:
FRAME: 6061 triple gauge aluminum main tubes and S-bend stays, gussetted down tube, replaceable derailleur hanger
FORK: RST Gila T7, coil/MCU, external preload adjustor, 80mm travel
HEADSET: Tange TG-4 threadless, 1 1/8"
WHEELSET: Weinmann ZAC19 double wall rims, 32H, with Formula alloy hubs, sealed with QR, 14g stainless steel spokes
TIRES: CST Racing knobbie, 26" x 1.95", wire bead
DERAILLEURS: Shimano Deore rear, SR XCR-504 31.8mm top pull front
SHIFTERS: Shimano Deore RapidFire-SL, 27-speed
CHAIN: KMC Z9000
FREEWHEEL: SRAM Powerglide 950, 9-speed, 11-32
CRANKSET: Shimano M442, Octalink, 170mm (12-15.5"), 175mm (17-21")
BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano ES25, sealed cartridge, 68 x 113
PEDALS: ATB platform, hi-impact resin cage & body, with toe clips
BRAKESET: Tektro forged alloy direct pull brakes with Tektro ML-330 levers
HANDLEBAR: Jamis riser, 6D sweep x 13mm rise x 620mm wide
STEM: Jamis alloy threadless, 10D rise, 75mm (12"), 90mm (14-15.5"), 100mm (17"), and 120mm (19-21") extensions
GRIPS: Kraton for trigger-shift
SEATPOST: Jamis alloy micro-adjust, 27.2 x 300mm, with alloy QR clamp
SADDLE: Jamis ATB with SL top, memory foam, steel rails, front and rear guards
SIZE: 17"
COLOR: Le Mans Blue

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3220/img0053ut4.jpg (http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0053ut4.jpg)
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6705/img0055jd5.jpg (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0055jd5.jpg)
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5307/img0056zv8.jpg (http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0056zv8.jpg)

Muddytaco
08-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Just got done trueing up my wheels and adjusting the brakes, it actually made a pretty big difference. Although I did set the front brake up to shorter throw and almost went over the front the first time I tested it lol.

Found some new really technical trails in Houston, now I just have to wait for the rain to stop long enough for them to dry out.

After owning a camelbak for a couple weeks I can def. say it was a good pick up. Got the velocity model and it can hold 72 oz, has pockets for my wallet, keys, cell phone and ipod with some room to spare. Plus it has a big section with a elastic mesh over it to hold some bigger stuff, it was big enough to hold madden 09 for the ride home :P Damn video game store opening on one of my routes, how could I not stop. Guys working in the store were blown away that it had room for everything lol.

Muddytaco
08-21-2008, 03:20 PM
hey guys i know its not a moutain bike, but i need help finding a good messenger (small/light i guess???) bike, since my college wont let m have my car (prolly for the better ;)) even though im not going till next fall, i just need to save money since i know they are expensive.

I do have my current bike, Diamondback outlook(few years old...though havent grown lol), which i do take on trails/reguler riding. though its a tid bit heavy, and lil big, and prolyl willbe a pain to put in my dorm room.

if its a stupid question, sorry...thanks in advance

I would go for something that looks low profile, my friend got his disc brakes stolen while he was in class.

If you want to physically keep the bike in your room I would get a BMX style bike as it is alot smaller.

LostCause
08-21-2008, 03:41 PM
alright, im going to shop around, and keep looking/researching. thansks for the advice and tips!

though i was looking at the trek bikes...and just lrealized i have a dealer somewhat close to me!!! thoguh the 7.5 was a lil out of my price range :( looked at the 7.2 and .3...though i did like the SU2 though id have to throw soem stuff on it (mostly just lights, and i think they said a 1.25 kevelar wheels worked the best...at campuses/city....) idk....still looking...though i trust Trek....

TheRedBarron
08-22-2008, 08:30 AM
alright, im going to shop around, and keep looking/researching. thansks for the advice and tips!

though i was looking at the trek bikes...and just lrealized i have a dealer somewhat close to me!!! thoguh the 7.5 was a lil out of my price range :( looked at the 7.2 and .3...though i did like the SU2 though id have to throw soem stuff on it (mostly just lights, and i think they said a 1.25 kevelar wheels worked the best...at campuses/city....) idk....still looking...though i trust Trek....
Yeah, you can get yourself a set of locking hubs as well, if you really want to keep your wheels on your bike, also either a locking seatpost or take it off when you go anywhere, quick release parts are like candy to thieves, many times they just take stuff to be annoying, most people who would steal a stock seat off a trek would have no real reason to do so. I mean honestly the resale would be like $5 max and who buys a stock seat for an entry level bike?

Specs:
FRAME: 6061 triple gauge aluminum main tubes and S-bend stays, gussetted down tube, replaceable derailleur hanger
FORK: RST Gila T7, coil/MCU, external preload adjustor, 80mm travel
HEADSET: Tange TG-4 threadless, 1 1/8"
WHEELSET: Weinmann ZAC19 double wall rims, 32H, with Formula alloy hubs, sealed with QR, 14g stainless steel spokes
TIRES: CST Racing knobbie, 26" x 1.95", wire bead
DERAILLEURS: Shimano Deore rear, SR XCR-504 31.8mm top pull front
SHIFTERS: Shimano Deore RapidFire-SL, 27-speed
CHAIN: KMC Z9000
FREEWHEEL: SRAM Powerglide 950, 9-speed, 11-32
CRANKSET: Shimano M442, Octalink, 170mm (12-15.5"), 175mm (17-21")
BOTTOM BRACKET: Shimano ES25, sealed cartridge, 68 x 113
PEDALS: ATB platform, hi-impact resin cage & body, with toe clips
BRAKESET: Tektro forged alloy direct pull brakes with Tektro ML-330 levers
HANDLEBAR: Jamis riser, 6D sweep x 13mm rise x 620mm wide
STEM: Jamis alloy threadless, 10D rise, 75mm (12"), 90mm (14-15.5"), 100mm (17"), and 120mm (19-21") extensions
GRIPS: Kraton for trigger-shift
SEATPOST: Jamis alloy micro-adjust, 27.2 x 300mm, with alloy QR clamp
SADDLE: Jamis ATB with SL top, memory foam, steel rails, front and rear guards
SIZE: 17"
COLOR: Le Mans Blue

Nice Dan, what kind of riding do you do?

Just got done trueing up my wheels and adjusting the brakes, it actually made a pretty big difference. Although I did set the front brake up to shorter throw and almost went over the front the first time I tested it lol.

Found some new really technical trails in Houston, now I just have to wait for the rain to stop long enough for them to dry out.

After owning a camelbak for a couple weeks I can def. say it was a good pick up. Got the velocity model and it can hold 72 oz, has pockets for my wallet, keys, cell phone and ipod with some room to spare. Plus it has a big section with a elastic mesh over it to hold some bigger stuff, it was big enough to hold madden 09 for the ride home :P Damn video game store opening on one of my routes, how could I not stop. Guys working in the store were blown away that it had room for everything lol.

I am going to assume that you have let your brakes bed in before you adjusted them for better stop? It usually takes 30-40 stops before they are really ready, if you set them too soon and then they start grabbing properly, look out. Also make sure you keep the rotor clean of any type of oil or solvent, as your pads are really easy to damage. I clean rotor up with light amounts of rubbing alcohol being very careful to not get any in or around the caliper.

Yeah I have owned a camelback pretty much since they came out, mine is all insulated for snowboarding. It is so much better than having to mount a water bottle on your bike, and you can carry a lot more, and it stays cold longer. I seriously suggest one to anyone who does a lot of riding.

bamf-hacker
08-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Just some casual off road stuff nothing fancy.

That was the bike my Wife won in a raffle for me so we cant beat the cost ;)

LostCause
08-22-2008, 09:53 AM
thanks Barron for the tips!

TheRedBarron
08-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Just some casual off road stuff nothing fancy.

That was the bike my Wife won in a raffle for me so we cant beat the cost ;)

Free is my favorite price too.

I cant wait to get back home so that we can do some riding, hopefully it will be before the season is out, if not I might have to pick up a pair of studded tires.

Muddytaco
08-22-2008, 12:33 PM
I am going to assume that you have let your brakes bed in before you adjusted them for better stop? It usually takes 30-40 stops before they are really ready, if you set them too soon and then they start grabbing properly, look out. Also make sure you keep the rotor clean of any type of oil or solvent, as your pads are really easy to damage. I clean rotor up with light amounts of rubbing alcohol being very careful to not get any in or around the caliper.

Ya I put some use on them before I ever changed anything, I have ridin it everyday for the past 3 weeks so I thought it was time to tune everything.

For cleaning I just rub the rotor with a microfiber towel and it works, samething I used on my dirtbike. Always cleaned them up without having to worry about contaminating the pads.

TheRedBarron
08-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Ya I put some use on them before I ever changed anything, I have ridin it everyday for the past 3 weeks so I thought it was time to tune everything.

For cleaning I just rub the rotor with a microfiber towel and it works, samething I used on my dirtbike. Always cleaned them up without having to worry about contaminating the pads.

how is the 29er treating you? If I didnt like my current setup so much I think I would give the 29's a try. My next bike will be full rigid 29er, Jeff Jones custom, check this thing out...
JJ with his creation, all titanium.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/xxximyourfatexxx/53.jpg
He also makes it in hardtail.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/xxximyourfatexxx/jones33.jpg

Muddytaco
08-22-2008, 01:38 PM
I love my 29, really like how much better it rolls over the small stuff and the taller tire allows for more frame clearance on obstacles where I use to have to bail off from getting hung up.

Never heard of jeff before but that rigid looks amazingly strong. Only thing I don't like is how tall the seat post is and the clipless pedals (i don't like being strapped in to a bike) His bar design is very interesting, never seen anything like that before, wouldn't mind giving them a try.

TheRedBarron
08-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Being 6'3", I think the seat post would be fine, he custom builds each bike to order though, takes about 3-4 months for a full build as he machines them in his spare time, and the waiting list is 3 years long last I knew, but he also custom makes the bars, not sure how much a set goes for. I saw one of these in Arkansas when we were there riding, it really is a work of art. The guy on it was crazy good with it too. He said it was super light and extremely responsive.

Muddytaco
08-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Pic from my friends cell phone from today:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn207/muddytaco3/8993362d.jpg

A tree root ate my front tire:o

vikingshadow
08-30-2008, 07:30 PM
What's the difference between a Hard tail and a Soft tail? Those two bikes up there look almost alike to me!

Muddytaco
08-30-2008, 07:58 PM
What's the difference between a Hard tail and a Soft tail? Those two bikes up there look almost alike to me!

The top is a rigid (no suspension) and the bottom one is a hardtail (front suspension, nothing in the back). A softtail would be both front and rear suspension (otherwise known as FS or full suspension).

If the bike is only for off road use a full suspension setup will treat you very nicely. A full suspension will tend to bounce and soak up your pedaling on the road, therefore your putting out more energy then what the bike is actually using, A.K.A. your riding hard and going no where.

A hardtail is a good mix between the two when you know your going to both off road and on road riding. A hardtail will bounce in the front alittle but nothing like what a FS does.

A rigid is mostly for road riding but lately I have been seeing alot of 29" rigid bikes out on the trail. Since the 29" tires soak up the small stuff better people are finding them enjoyable to ride off road.

vikingshadow
08-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Ok, I wasn't even close in what I thought they were, haha! Thanks for the explanation - I can see it now.