PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Accident Statistics Question.

badlandsrox
08-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Okay, so I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find statistics about Motorcycle accidents, more specifically, what style of bikes are the safest, and most dangerous, ex. chopper vs. sport bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

Muddytaco
08-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Sportbike will be listed as most dangerous just b/c of some of the retards that ride them.

edit:
this might help:
http://www.motorcycle-accidents.com/pages/stats.html

DirtySouth
08-13-2008, 12:55 PM
I personally think all motorcycles are dangerous. Just depends on how you use them. My uncle died on his chopper about 4 years ago. My cousin died on a sport bike about 2 years ago.

STRIKEFIRST
08-13-2008, 12:59 PM
I state police friend told me there are only 2 kinds of motorcycle drivers...those who have been in an accident and those YET to be in an accident.

My aunt and uncle wrecked there Harley road rash bumps bruises cuts...got very lucky...a teenage girl chasing some boys looked into my uncles eyes and cut them off anyway....he laid it down and slid it into her vehicle...she even told the cop...I saw them there...I looked in his eyes even...I don't know why I did it.

DisIsMyUsername
08-13-2008, 01:01 PM
you're gonna find that sport bikes take a bigger hit in deaths than choppers.

I mean its 2 different driving styles. you're not gonna buy a heavy chopper for speed, handling, etc. You get a chopper to chill and ride.

A sport bike....well is made for speed and turns. soooooo ppl take advantage of that and its the cause of it.

DisIsMyUsername
08-13-2008, 01:03 PM
I state police friend told me there are only 2 kinds of motorcycle drivers...those who have been in an accident and those YET to be in an accident.

My aunt and uncle wrecked there Harley road rash bumps bruises cuts...got very lucky...a teenage girl chasing some boys looked into my uncles eyes and cut them off anyway....he laid it down and slid it into her vehicle...she even told the cop...I saw them there...I looked in his eyes even...I don't know why I did it.

Damn.

you'll find that the more experienced drivers will lay down their bikes and slide. They know that an impact can cause much more damage to your body then taking a large skin burn from the road.

I have a friend who's been riding for quite some time. He also was cut off and the person who did that slammed their brakes. he layed the bike down and slid and ended up under the car and survived. Hitting it woulda cause him to be thrown into the air.

I'll tell you one thing.....as much as I want a bike I don't think I can ride one too often with the retarded drivers around here in miami.

TheDarkShadow
08-13-2008, 01:44 PM

I was about to say that

HelpDeskHustler
08-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I'd drive a fast bike if I wasn't afraid I'd kick my own ass.

nastystankweed
08-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I personally think all motorcycles are dangerous. Just depends on how you use them. My uncle died on his chopper about 4 years ago. My cousin died on a sport bike about 2 years ago.

Im really sorry to hear that.

Just get a cheap car bikes freak me out.:D