PDA

View Full Version : Apex Barrel

boricua
03-02-2006, 04:40 PM
WILL THE APEX BARREL FIT MY MR2 SPYDER:o

NextoN
03-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Yes it will indeed.
Personaly I think the MR2 does'nt look so great with the Apex..

MR2&Apex : http://www.pbreview.com/productpics/?action=view&photo=7953&product=4226

Enjoy

boricua
03-02-2006, 05:44 PM
CAN YOU PUT ONE OF THE RED DOT SCOPES ON IT IF SO WHICH ONE?:rolleyes:

romntictragedy
03-02-2006, 06:53 PM
paintballs arent accurate the tend to teavle in different patterns every time so the red dot isnt gonna more effective then pointing the barrel in the right direction

QRFleader
03-02-2006, 09:02 PM
I plated against a guy running the apex, It does do everything they say but at the loss of accuracy. he could shoot far but couldnt hit a dam thing

maddog
03-03-2006, 06:08 AM
The J&J full tilt works well on this gun.

NextoN
03-03-2006, 11:53 AM
The stock barrel is also working fine :P

QRFleader
03-03-2006, 11:53 AM
agreed, I run the 14" on my Mr1

Alien
03-09-2006, 10:12 AM
how far can you shoot with the apex barrel ?? 300 feet ?

and how much does it cost

Alien
03-15-2006, 09:55 AM
i heard something about the apex. is it true that u have like 8 level . exemple if u want ur balls curve more at the left or right u touch to something... need explication .

Alien
03-22-2006, 07:12 AM
hello

Voodoo27909
03-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Yes...that is correct. You can set it to curve in any direction you wish, and to start to curve at whatever distance you like, in theory.

SupermanDan
03-25-2006, 01:21 PM
yeah, it has 8 different "clicks" that adjust how much the ball curves. there's a rubber ramp inside that grips the ball as it goes out the end of the barrel and puts spin on it. it's kind of hard to get used to. when it's set to low and long, it'll shoot the ball down, then the backspin put on it by the barrel will bring it back up. but if you chop a ball or accidentally fire while the plug is in, you have to squegee it and swab it right away, because the paint in the barrel causes the rubber ramp to become slippery, so it won't put any spin on the ball. it works really well for indoor, surprisingly, because of the fact that you can curve the ball around the bunkers to hit people. i run it on my MR1, but it looks terrible on an MR2. also, with the MR2's rate of fire, i don't know if you'd want such a short barrel(11"), especially one that slows the ball down as it leaves the barrel. just my 2 cents.

nitrobassboats
03-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Yes the Apex will and does fit the MR2,as you can see in Nextons linked pic which are my spyders,not only does it fit i have tried 3 different barrels with this gun and the Apex on no setting (stock with no curvatures or anything set is a deadly accurate barrel for this gun.It also is the best barrel for my Imagine beleive it or not though superman dans post is accurate that it looks absolutely horrible.
Other barrels i have and that make their way onto my spyders are
Lapco Big Shot 14 inch (which i think is absolute garbage)
Stock Kingman MR2 barrel(not bad)
9 inch Kingman (not bad indoors)
On zero adjustments this Apex is freakishly accurate
nitroWILL THE APEX BARREL FIT MY MR2 SPYDER:o

SupermanDan
03-31-2006, 12:23 PM
i dunno what everyone's talking about when they say this barrel has bad accuracy when it's set to curve. i have my gun set at around 300 fps(that's my local indoor field's limit) and it's actually very accurate when i set it to low and long.

nitrobassboats
03-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi dan
what setting are you referring to,like i said i find the apex extremely accurate
on no settings i havent really given it a test outdoors ,but have tried number setting for the distance and the paint ball drops drastically, i will be testing them more when we have some nice weather ...
nitro

SupermanDan
03-31-2006, 08:32 PM
i was talking about when the apex logo and the little fin is up. the ball will drop about 1-5 feet for me depending on the ramp setting(at least for me). also, i think the type of ball and the fps has the most effect on it. i use Zap Tork/ XBall Bronze at around 275-300 fps. using the low and long setting, i can hit the same spot several times from 250 feet. i'm looking forward to using it for outdoor. and i find the left/right hook setting a little hard to use, due to the fact that a)well, it curves, so you have to unload half your hopper just to get one good shot, and b)it shoots it out one way before the spin brings it back the other, so i'm always hitting other bunkers. i honestly wouldn't have paid the full 150 bux for it(i got one for 100 at badlands calgary)

kyle925
04-01-2006, 03:03 PM
I just got my Apex ( got it in ebay for $59.95, good deal) for my mr2 and
I am satisfied w/ its performance. My position is the team sniper and have a good setup for my sniper gun (A5 egrip w/ stiffi barrel). I have the scope calibrated and it is so accurate and the grouping is so tight. But I needed another marker as a backup ( and as a gunner/rifleman) and decided to go w/ the mr2 w/ its capabilities and the looks. I intended to use an Apex because of the distance (set it to 5, flatline effect). But I knew the groupings are wide and I knew that from the start. Some comments about no accuracy are correct. But my use for it is just to spray bullets on the general area (suppression) and the distance is worth it.

kyle925
04-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Here is a good demo video.

http://media.putfile.com/apexweb

ad0131065
04-02-2006, 10:42 AM
hmmm.. that is a nice vid...I was skeptical of the barrel actually working

kyle925
04-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Played this weekend and a perfect scenario for the apex. I was on top defending the castle, two guys were on the left side behind this hill (lower vantage point). One of the squad leaders specifically commanded me to shoot that hill because of my apex barrel. By flippin the apex downwards w/ max setting (8?), I barraged that hill w/ paint, everything curving steeply, going behind it, hitting the 2 guys. Damn! can't forget that moment.

MR2 + Apex = good sh_t!

HILLJACK
07-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Got a new Apex-Is going to make everybody else hide or spend money to upgrade!!!! Haven't played in the woods yet, but have shot targets (from a long ways!!). Seems to be totally evil.

Command2A
07-30-2006, 06:14 AM
why get an apex like people keep on telling me that it is a BIG PAIN cause u line it up to get someone and the person moves to another bunker! and then u have to line it up again and u r just wasting ur time my advise is a j&j ceramic 14" barrel works well just my advise:D

Spoolinup
07-30-2006, 01:47 PM
I've played with both a 14" J & J ceramic barrel and the APEX barrel on my MR2....

The apex barrel is by far a more accurate barrel, as well as firing and hitting at MUCH farther distance....

the curving capability is everything I could have hoped for, and on HPA, in full auto, it is very, VERY consistent.

the bunker buster(the setting that slams the ball down real quick) has gotten me kills several times since purchasing the barrel. ALSO, I had a challend with a buddy who had a 98 custom with flatline...

we never measured the distance, but I was able to hit further away, and more accurately than my friend....I even let him use my gun to cancel out the idea of "well, you're just a more accurate shooter"...
Needless to say, he's going to sell his flatline barrel and get an APEX now...

But, just my $.02