PDA

View Full Version : Wait Wait Wait Eric, Another Gun!?

Paradox313
08-12-2008, 02:42 PM
I wanted to use an A1 again and I didn't want to use LP, so I traded this for my M7. Unfortunately I think I made a mistake, just doesn't feel right in my hands, and the trigger just feels strange to me. It's just too far back. Also, it was alot louder than I remember.
So I'm gonna try and trade it sometime. Doesn't have to be soon, I'm outta paintball for a while until I get school settled in.

Black A1
CP Reg Adapter
CP Reg
CP Mini Reg
$10

I got the lower end of the deal, but I've been wanting to use an Angel for a while.

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/4641/picture001zs0.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1786/picture002zx4.jpg

DirtySouth
08-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Nice pick up.

VS3 Sniper
08-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Watch the resale, that's why I got rid of mine before the A1 Flys were announced. Other than that heads up Nice Pickup. ;)

TheDarkShadow
08-12-2008, 03:18 PM
nice A1

codymm1014
08-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Ive always wanted to try an A1. Its just the resale on Angels suck and I play resale too much to get one. Nice gun though. Is loudness of this one maybe due to the fact your running it on HP? I dont know Im probably wrong.

Paradox313
08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Is loudness of this one maybe due to the fact your running it on HP? I dont know Im probably wrong.

That's what I was thinking.

xsvly-fat
08-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Nice Angel I've always loved the way they look

shunut
08-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Is loudness of this one maybe due to the fact your running it on HP? I dont know Im probably wrong.

That's what I was thinking.

How would using an HP tank cause the marker to be louder? You have a regulator on it which brings the pressure the marker gets down to where it should be, same as it would be if you used an LP tank.

Nice gun by the way.

SpyderMan723
08-12-2008, 05:02 PM
yuck. I hate angels... you will probably be able to get something nice for it though so thats good in a way....

codymm1014
08-12-2008, 05:09 PM
How would using an HP tank cause the marker to be louder? You have a regulator on it which brings the pressure the marker gets down to where it should be, same as it would be if you used an LP tank.

Nice gun by the way.

Yea, you know, I said it, then I thought about it, and I was like man I am so wrong, but I didnt want to edit my post. Oh well.

DFSniper
08-12-2008, 06:07 PM
wow, never noticed how far back the frame was! then again, last angel i ever used was an LCD...

nastystankweed
08-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Angels are cool but they are really big I am sure you can traded out pretty soon. congrats man

Muddytaco
08-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Angels are cool but they are really big I am sure you can traded out pretty soon. congrats man

lol you have obviously never used the A1 before, its smaller then most guns on the market.

Pic from when I had my rage with my sl66 and dm6, as you can see it is smaller then both:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/DSC00785.jpg

I am also going to say most people here dissing the angel have probably never used one or atleast the A1. The A1 shoots great and rarely has problems if you do normal maintenance, just like any other gun. Don't believe the ego fan boys on pbn.

As for the trigger it can be adjusted, from your pics it looks like it is tilting backwards a bit. It takes about a day of play to get use to the motion of the trigger but after that you will love it, IMO it is one of the best stock triggers on any gun. I has bearings, no side to side play at all and its full adjustable. It also feels completely different when your not shooting it.

I love the A1 and the ONLY reason I sold my last one was b/c the fly was announced and I didn't want to take a hit on resale since I traded a good bit of equipment for mine.

vikingshadow
08-12-2008, 07:51 PM

Big? Isn't the A1 the gun that could fit behind the dollar bill?

Nice gun. I liked my 04 Speed - now that was a brick! Been thinking about picking one of those up lately...

DFSniper
08-12-2008, 08:01 PM
...yeah, i think it was.

and talking about bricks, pick up an LCD or IR3! those bodies were built like high-end tippies!!

spray and pray
08-12-2008, 08:05 PM
The A1 is extremey small, I have abbsolutely no idea what any of you are talking about. Angels, ego's, etc will always be louder than spools. It shouldn't be extremely loud though, my A1 is fairly quite. The trigger is great, better than a few aftermarket triggers for other markers.

I'm sure you will like it, once you get it tuned up it will have NO kick.

Paradox313
08-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Big? Isn't the A1 the gun that could fit behind the dollar bill?

Actually, this claim is false. Though it is small, it's definitely larger than a US dollar bill, but not my alot.

Haha, I just remembered I was in the middle of a Tatoo'd Rage A1 + White Reloader B for my Pm7, but I backed out. Just didn't like the fade.

On a side note, how does one define "smaller than most guns out there." Cause the A1 is pretty thick, but the Length and Height is pretty small.

vikingshadow
08-13-2008, 05:17 AM
I wondered about that dollar thing - I just remember the teaser ad for them showed it being hidden by the dollar bill. I personally have never seen one up close and personal.

Could it be thicker because of the 3 tubes? Do they still use three tubes in their design? It's been awhile since I messed with an Angel - wish I never sold mine!

Modded-Like-Hell
08-13-2008, 07:04 AM
lol you have obviously never used the A1 before, its smaller then most guns on the market.

Pic from when I had my rage with my sl66 and dm6, as you can see it is smaller then both:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/DSC00785.jpg

that barrel looks long on the bottom marker, what size is it?

spray and pray
08-13-2008, 07:44 AM

It's 16".

That claim isn't false, mine fits behind a dollar bill. The bill will cover the body, not any other part of the gun.

HelpDeskHustler
08-13-2008, 08:02 AM
A1's are not BIG in the profile sense, but its tri-tube design is very WIDE. I really prefer thin guns, and the protege, vice and my current phantom are just that, thin guns. I know what you mean about unusual placement of the frame, the protege is pretty set back too, but I liked that more than I liked it forward. You can play tighter without worrying about it scratching your mask. You can use a smaller tank without worrying about hitting your mask, etc.

nastystankweed
08-13-2008, 10:48 AM
I have used them and by big i meen thich in the front block aea where the regulator meets the body. Length wise its short but it feels thick or chunky because of the three tube design:D SORRY for not specifiyng. They shoot nice and the board is pretty cool. The way you take the bolt out is really cool too.
P.S. I dont disslike angels I actually like them. ;)

Muddytaco
08-13-2008, 12:52 PM

There all 14", its just the angle of the pic that makes it look longer then the rest.

A1's are not BIG in the profile sense, but its tri-tube design is very WIDE.

The width of the two tubes on the bottom of the angel is almost the exact same width as a DM6 top tube, where the bolt is located.

spray and pray
08-13-2008, 01:38 PM
There all 14", its just the angle of the pic that makes it look longer then the rest.

The width of the two tubes on the bottom of the angel is almost the exact same width as a DM6 top tube, where the bolt is located.

The angel barrel is 16", not 14".

Paradox313
08-13-2008, 01:49 PM
That claim isn't false, mine fits behind a dollar bill. The bill will cover the body, not any other part of the gun.

Not true. Though it almost matches the image link below, the front portion of the gun is a little farther up front.

http://www.wolverinepaintball.com/angel1teaser.jpg

This is true. If the A1 had the UL feel to it, I don't think I would shoot another gun. Unfortunately it's alot thicker.

TheDarkShadow
08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
I say we get real pics with a real dollar bill

Paradox313
08-13-2008, 02:01 PM
I thought "ONE" was a nice touch.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5245/picturejx6.jpg

Ace24
08-13-2008, 02:11 PM
I wondered about that dollar thing - I just remember the teaser ad for them showed it being hidden by the dollar bill. I personally have never seen one up close and personal.

Could it be thicker because of the 3 tubes? Do they still use three tubes in their design? It's been awhile since I messed with an Angel - wish I never sold mine!

Yep, still 3 tubes.

I thought "ONE" was a nice touch.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5245/picturejx6.jpg
I think you shrunk the dollar :dodgy:

irishwarrior
08-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Hmmm, looks photoshopped...:D

Paradox313
08-13-2008, 03:05 PM
You're photoshopped...

SpyderMan723
08-13-2008, 03:46 PM
You're photoshopped...

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n36/xxMikeRotchxx/fail.gif

LostCause
08-13-2008, 05:40 PM
are we 5? lol

jkjk.. now what about the a1 fly...think it could fit under a doller bill?

Paradox313
08-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Doubt it

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x111/nate03d/A1FlyRedBlackRL002.jpg

Muddytaco
08-13-2008, 09:35 PM

Thats the stock barrel tip, the stock barrel tip is 14", the tip that comes in the small bore kit is 16".

Its was my gun, I know what was on it.

MVS1
08-14-2008, 06:11 AM
Dave you beat me to it...

are we 5? lol

jkjk.. now what about the a1 fly...think it could fit under a doller bill?

The Fly is the same length and width as the A1, differences "externally" are milling to the frame, noid cover, little bit of body milling, etc. but the overall dimensions (HxWxL) are still the same.

Now as for being loud, if it has not been tuned properly then it is very likely louder than you would expect. If you don't have the pressures (HPR/LPR/Dwell) set to the joy/rage settings (HPR-270, LPR-57, Dwell-6-6.5msec) then find some gauges and set them, you'll notice a huge difference in the sound level and recoil instantly.

I should have my "Fly" internals in another week or so and can't wait to see/hear what they do for it. New recommended settings w/Fly internals are...HPR-170 - 180, LPR-52 - 54 and Dwell 4 msec). And those are the settings to "balance" everything which means at 280FPS they will be lower.

And finally, since your setup w/the CP reg and adapter you can run either HP or LP, but keep in mind that if your tank reg is putting out more then 900psi you might want to put an LP kit in it, don't have to though. Choice is yours, but there are benifits to doing it.