PDA

View Full Version : Lovin my new job

MVS1
08-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Found out today that I'm going to the Netherlands, Belgium and Northern Germany in early Sept. The sweetest part is the AF is picking up the tab of course and I'm going to make around $1400 in per diem, HMMM what can I spend that on :D.

Ace24
08-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Found out today that I'm going to the Netherlands, Belgium and Northern Germany in early Sept. The sweetest part is the AF is picking up the tab of course and I'm going to make around $1400 in per diem, HMMM what can I spend that on :D.

'08 Borg :D

bigred76
08-12-2008, 11:50 AM
'09 Borg. ;) They missed the chance for the '08 already for the Droid, homeboy! :D

Glad to hear you're doing well over there, MVS!

DisIsMyUsername
08-12-2008, 11:53 AM
I think the best thing in life is that you're happy with your status and you're traveling like an OG.

Always happy to hear from you mike. Hows the family liking it?

MVS1
08-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Kids love it, all of them are making friends in the neighborhood, etc. Soccer starts this weekend which should keep them pretty busy and school starts on Monday. The misses likes it and is starting to overcome a lot of the differences between Germany and the states, little stuff like hot water to the kitchen sink, etc. We were going to do a family outing to Brussels saturday then we remembered that soccer was kicking off.

DFSniper
08-13-2008, 02:47 PM
ha, hot water heaters suck. and utilities aren't that cheap either. in housing, we don't have to worry about that, but if i were to leave my computer running for a week off-post, my mom would kill me! i dont know how i would've survived living off-post for 3 years in germany (did it for two months before we moved due to landlord issues.)

thunderalley71
08-16-2008, 03:26 AM
the af kicks ass but rightnow im stuck in albuquerque nm till i get orders to korea