PDA

View Full Version : Hard Decision To Make

bachinski123
08-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Im new here and I just got a Vs1 like a month ago and its has broken. TWICE! The first time the eyes were broken. Then the compression chamer was leaking so i just replaced all the O rings in the gun. fixed. Now it wont racock and when it does its fully automatic but when i let go it wont recock. Im thinking mabe the gun just isnt built very well because from my experiace it hasnt benn very reliable. soo if anyone knows what the problem is please tell. but my real question is shood i buy a new gun or just keep fixing this one i love it when it does work but i has been breacking alot. Thanks:)

spyderfan4271
08-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Do you have a manual there is a trouble shooting section in it. You could post more info and maybe someone here could help point you in the right direction. Not recocking could be as simple as a lack of air presure or low on co2. If no luck with manual go to www.PbNation then go to the kingman section and then go to ultimate sticky FAQ sticky. You can try to get help on bpnation by posting a thread but that can end up getting kind of ugly over there. If still have no luck you might have to call kingman or take it to someone how knows more about markers then you. Did you buy this new is it under a warantee.

bigred76
08-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Well... you spend $80 on a gun, it'll perform like an $80 gun. Even if you were to spend $400 on a gun that performs like a $400 gun, it will have it's own set of problems. Beware of that, and don't expect a new gun to fix your issues.

Eye issue: I'm going in blind here and am going to say that you accidentally pinched the eye wires. While Kingman could have designed the channels better for the wires, it is the end user's responsibility to take care in reassembling the marker.

Expansion chamber leaking: Sounds like an issue with an oring... a simple cleaning should have fixed that. You should be cleaning the marker after every day of play, anyways. For orings set in one place that are giving me difficult issues, I typically use DOW55 as it swells the orings right up making a better seal. Usually Spyders only need some Gold Cup to get working again.

Current issue: Turn the gun to semi-automatic. That's part of your problem right there! Next, properly lubricate the marker and ensure that it's maintained properly. Make sure your CO2 tank is filled and you cannot depress the pin valve easily. If the tank is full and the issue persists, check the velocity adjustment. Take it all the way out, then try the marker. Turn it in slowly and see if the positioning is affecting the marker's ability to fire.

Without any more information, NO ONE will be able to help you resolve your issue. If my general steps do not work, then you will need to give me something else to go on.

Also, all of the issues you're having are general user-caused. Take care of your gun and it will take care of you. If you continue to not, then expect more issues from it.

Spyderfan: I have to agree with Ted's view on your post here. It is very idiotic to refer someone to PBN when they're asking about a Spyder on a Spyder specific forum. That's just to start with.

I'm positive people on here will be more polite, more accurate, and less disrespectful

Ace24
08-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Damn it Tim, stop adding stuff.. I'm finding it hard to post because you've covered everything, INCLUDING my view on PBN, already. :dodgy:

bachinski123
08-13-2008, 12:00 AM
well i took it back and exchanced it cuz i still had a warranty and the guy said that it had been alot of the manufactures faults except the leaky compression chamer i just needed a new o ring but thanks any way guys:D .
My new gun works great by the way

panicbutton
08-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Congrats, have fun with it. I get my new gun in a week or so

florios
08-19-2008, 10:02 AM
I would suggest a timmy

Modded-Like-Hell
08-19-2008, 10:17 AM
if problem continue... i refer that you return the marker and shot paintballs with a sling shot lol jk

bigred76
08-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Florios... Timmy's don't fix everything, especially if the end user cannot maintain a Spyder properly. :rolleyes: Read the thread first for intelligent posts before throwing into it "buy a Timmy."

Bachinski, good luck with this one, but learn to maintain it right. Manufacture's defects mainly come out of the woodworks when you are NOT taking care of the gun right. The link to the manual for the marker is in the Manual Thread link my signature: I suggest you download it and view it on your computer as well as keep the one that came with the marker.

florios
08-19-2008, 11:23 AM
hahahaha he said he was buying a new gun so i suggested a timmy they are just as easy to maintane just lube everything every little wile

bigred76
08-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Dude, he returned it for another VS1. Think about the difficulty in ripping down a Spyder and lubing it as compared to a Timmy... Not a wise comment on your part if you think that he can. And no, ripping down an Intimidator is not as you purport. To do only the ram and bolt, yeah, but the ram sleeve, poppit, LPR, HPR, etc etc add on a bunch of things to lube. That's lubing everything on a Timmy. ;)

Get a Borg would be slightly more appropriate. ;)

florios
08-23-2008, 01:51 PM
well i just get tuts off youtube like tech pb's alias 101 tut after i saw that i could rip down my alias and have it all clean and lubed up in under 10 minutes in all awnestly i think lubing my alias and cleaning is alot easy then my pilot was

bigred76
08-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Harder than pulling a pin and dodging while internals shoot out the back of the gun at you? ;) Honestly, come on... It doesn't make sense for most people to buy an Alias off the cuff, so don't say it.