PDA

View Full Version : Quick-Change Mag system

interceptorMR2
08-10-2008, 09:54 PM
To start out, this idea I came up with today is based off of slim and shady's homemade PVC magazines (No i have not made any of the mags yet, but assuming the 3rd place I apply for a job at actually accepts me, this should not be a problem soon). My idea was this was a quick, quiet, and easy way of changing magazines during a scenario game, which quick, quiet, and easy is a sniper's ideal in a way. Anyways, I created this in mind with the fact that I will most likely either buy dorosports.com's MR2 side rail or Opsgear's UMP shroud, and this little jig would be mounted on one of these side rails for easy access.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/Magpulsystem.jpg

What Im showing right now is just a rough draft, but the diameter of the rings that hold the magazines in place would be slightly smaller than the pvc. The two rings would hold the magazine horizontally along the marker. I figured this would be a good way to reload not only because of how quick and easy it was, but with the fact that you are not required to take your eyes off of what is happening in front of you. Its a quick change, and you don't have to look down or away, you can keep your eyes on the field and what is happening. One thing I would like suggestions on is how to keep these little jigs secure to the weaver side rail, Im not quite sure what to do. I was thinking about doing something similar to kingman's mr series raised sight rail, but if there are any better suggestions, I'm all ears.

EDIT:

You could also use this if side rails are not an option.
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/Magpulsystemalt.jpg

TheDarkShadow
08-11-2008, 03:57 AM
pretty cool idea

slim and shady
08-11-2008, 06:14 AM
I like it good idea. make it and let me see a prototype.

interceptorMR2
08-11-2008, 07:17 AM
ight will do, Ill find out if we have some scrap wood that I can make it out of, its a real easy make, the wood doesnt have to be thick or anything and I can easily make it out of one peice using a bandsaw